UnevenEdge

Christmas Charity/Server Fundraiser Drive

Hi all! This holiday season, UEMB is getting in the charitable spirit.

Now through December 31, half of all server proceeds will be donated to St Jude's, with "the UnevenEdge Community" specified as the donor. Additionally, @K_N has offered to match the first $300 in donations! 

To donate, you can chip in via PayPal here. Anyone who donates $20 or more during the event can line up for a custom rank as thanks, and anyone who donates can cash in on some free rep points - just let me know in this thread or via PM!

This is our first time trying something like this and we're still finalizing the logistics, so let us know if you have any questions or have any ideas on how to improve the drive. Thanks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Is this a new PayPal? Or the one from last year? Just want to be sure I'm donating to the correct one, and for fundraising purposes you should always reset the counter year over year, in my experience.

It's the same one. I don't believe we have an option to reset the counter unfortunately. I would have to re-make the fundraiser and get it re-approved.

I barely thought we'd make it over $300 so I'm quite pleased. If we get over $1k I'll throw another hundred towards the sick kids, but I'll prob need to wait a couple weeks to do the whole donation since my first paycheck of the year is going towards my wedding.

• Like 2

Guest Knife_Hands

I don't know of a great charity that money can go to for next year, but how bout throwing some money (like 10-20% of total raised) towards one or more of our fellow UEMB members who is homeless or struggles like Lasty or Nabloom (or whatever his name is now). That would be a great present for them.  However, I'm not sure what you guys thoughts are on this because it seems he/they may choose to be homeless/struggle with money, so anyway, just throwing that idea out there. 

Congrats @K_N on your upcoming union!!!! 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:06 AM, Da_big_Nabowski said:

What opulent lunatic keeps donating $160?

I wanted to scrape together $160 and ask for the rank of 'Opulent Lunatic' but didn't want to take that away from the actual opulent lunatic. Plus I couldn't swing quite that much. May I have "YoginiWannabini" instead?

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 6:33 PM, K_N said:

As a side note, the St. Judes donation form has an option to donate in memory of someone that's passed. Would anyone object to donating in the name of J Michael Crow (Luuv)?

I know I'm not a regular around here but that sounds like a lovely idea. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...