UnevenEdge

Detective Pikachu

DragonSinger

36 minutes ago, Mini_Ghost said:

okay I really wanna see this movie. I don't even know why I'm so excited about it but I am

It's a really well done trailer. First you get the audience in by reminding them of wanting to be a pokemon trainer when they were younger, add in the cuteness of Pikachu and how people would genuinely talk to it in real life, display the personalities/powers of other pokemon that the audience is familiar with from the shows, and let people know there is an actual plot without turning another childhood franchise into something grimdark. If the movie lives up to the trailer, which honestly most people will go in with average expectations because they just want a semi-decent live action pokemon movie, this mofo is gonna make a shit load of money.

I have slightly high hopes because Nintendo doesn't want the Pokemon brand to take any kind of hit, and a live action of a video game is something you really only get one shot at. They don't want another Super Mario Brothers fiasco.

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Like 2

As with the FFA thread, the gritty look of the universe combined with the goofier humor does remind me of how the Mario Brothers movie came about. I can’t see the movie being great, but it should be fun to watch or at least ridiculous enough to be entertaining.

It is difficult to not hear Deadpool in Ryan Reynolds’ version of Pikachu, but it sounds like that was what the film was going for by having him do a similar voice with the detective form of Pikachu.