UnevenEdge

Texan animation studios are making shows indistinguishable from animu

Jman

Indistinguishable from anime??

This says the show is gonna be made in CGI, like RWBY, and RWBY while getting just as much praise as any other anime out there, isn't exactly the pinnacle of computer animated perfection.  PLUS that article has no images of how the show is gonna look.  So until we get a sneak-peek or some key visuals, I will reserve my judgment of said description.

27 minutes ago, elfie said:

Indistinguishable from anime??

This says the show is gonna be made in CGI, like RWBY, and RWBY while getting just as much praise as any other anime out there, isn't exactly the pinnacle of computer animated perfection.  PLUS that article has no images of how the show is gonna look.  So until we get a sneak-peek or some key visuals, I will reserve my judgment of said description.

That was more referring to Powerhouse, who made Castlevania.

Which looks like this.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:40 PM, Daos said:

if you're wondering why Starfire's hair is Pink in the live action

it's probably because her hair is Pink in Teen Titans go

image.png.ec63aa66e2b5b4fb69791a805fb5a618.png

also that guy is Racist and Homophobic (having watched the video)

Edited by mochi

1 hour ago, mochi said:

oh

Yeah, Rooster Teeth’s work quality wise is a step well below Powerhouse’s.

That being said landing Killmonger for a role is pretty damn impressive Post Black Panther.

Here's my question. With modern technology... have we not yet advanced to the point where CGI can look identical to hand drawn art? You figure that would be the first thing they started to work on when CGI got good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daos said:

Here's my question. With modern technology... have we not yet advanced to the point where CGI can look identical to hand drawn art? You figure that would be the first thing they started to work on when CGI got good.

We are to that point

studios just won't do it for some reason

15 hours ago, Daos said:

also Land of the Lustrous is VERY close

it's basically what RWBY wishes it looked like

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daos said:

Lustrous... I'm gonna say.... they're 70 percent of the way there. Still needs a lot of work before I'd have even a slight bit of trouble telling that it was CGI.

Five years at the rate we’re going.

Check back in five years, given investments in the medium and demand on turnaround.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:22 AM, Daos said:

Lustrous... I'm gonna say.... they're 70 percent of the way there. Still needs a lot of work before I'd have even a slight bit of trouble telling that it was CGI.

I don't think they were trying to make it look 2D in the first place anyway, at least not entirely.  I don't think a lot of the explicitly crystalline shots of the characters would have worked nearly as well in a 2D style.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:22 AM, Daos said:

I'll agree there, it's not literally indestinguishable from 2d, but if you're not paying absolutely close attention or are looking at still screenshots you can almost mistake it for 2d Animation

• Like 1