UnevenEdge

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Episode 29 (Egypt Arc Episode 5)

Blatch

I knew Anubis going down that fast was too good to be true.Ā  Stupid cop!

That was close.Ā  Could have been way worse.Ā  Loved watching Anubis get smashed up haha.

So his user was a Swordsmith that died 500 years ago, yet the Stand survives.Ā  Unexpected.

Dio has a Stand on top of being a vampire?Ā  Isn't that overpowered?

Rofl Anubis.Ā  That was a hilarious comedy of errors.Ā  Would he really rust that fast though?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Ā 

Yay I love trains! :)Ā That instrument that is supposed to be the chugging. :)

No one looked into it by now?Ā  I figured it must be a real song that I just hadn't heard before.Ā  It's listed in the credits.Ā  This one is obscure!Ā  Well, to me, at least!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

No one looked into it by now?Ā  I figured it must be a real song that I just hadn't heard before.Ā  It's listed in the credits.Ā  This one is obscure!Ā  Well, to me, at least!

So that's the full version? 9-1/2 minutes long!? Good grief; it's longer than Roundabout!

EDIT: No, wait, it's only 5 minutes 41 seconds long, a Wikipedia search revealed. Still, it might be really cool if it moved around to different parts of the song like with Roundabout. And I hope they also use a long song like that for Part 5: Golden Wind and use different parts based on the mood like they did with Roundabout!

But as for the last part of this episode, man that was a hilarious comedy of errors! And it was all set off by that canine "deus ex machina" Iggy!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I honestly thought it might be just a random piece of really obscure music (essentially it is) or maybe something created specifically for the show.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Oh i see.I was asking for a new hero one though but thanks I forgot about some of the ones u listed there

Same here. That's why I was thinkingĀ of someone like Lisa Lisa.

But I did forget about a couple of those, besides I think Enyaba since she was voiced by Barbara Goodson and was around for multiple eps causing trouble for our group.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

So that's the full version? 9-1/2 minutes long!? Good grief; it's longer than Roundabout!

EDIT: No, wait, it's only 5 minutes 41 seconds long, a Wikipedia search revealed. Still, it might be really cool if it moved around to different parts of the song like with Roundabout. And I hope they also use a long song like that for Part 5: Golden Wind and use different parts based on the mood like they did with Roundabout!

Yeah, it is a good ED. Pat Metheny should've gotten more credit for that.

I have a feeling Part 5 will use a song from the early 2000's as its ED, as they've generally trended towards the time the show is set (and Vento Aureo is an early 2000's thing)...Ā but I also think a good potential choice would be "21st Century Schizoid Man", because it is a lengthy progressive rock song, and especially since the main villain's stand is literally named King Crimson. And with the sociopolitical lyrics that could reference anything happening in the show, what more could you want?

[partitions: ambientĀ intro/first two verses,Ā long middleĀ solo, and the last verse/ending]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blatch said:

Yeah, it is a good ED. Pat Metheny should've gotten more credit for that.

I have a feeling Part 5 will use a song from the early 2000's as its ED, as they've generally trended towards the time the show is set (and Vento Aureo is an early 2000's thing)...Ā but I also think a good potential choice would be "21st Century Schizoid Man", because it is a lengthy progressive rock song, and especially since the main villain's stand is literally named King Crimson. And with the sociopolitical lyrics that could reference anything happening in the show, what more could you want?

[partitions: ambientĀ intro/first two verses,Ā long middleĀ solo, and the last verse/ending]

I thought the songs were picked based on what the author was listening to when he wrote those arcs.

I am surprised the show moved through time periods as fast as it did.Ā  Some eras were skipped over which could have been fun to see.Ā  And since the current arc is alreadyĀ in the 80s and I know there's tons more after this, I'm not sure how the series will progress.Ā  Future arcs would assuredly take place after the time they were written, and would be beyond even our current "present day" eventually.

On 3/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, DangerMouse said:

Same here. That's why I was thinkingĀ of someone like Lisa Lisa.

But I did forget about a couple of those, besides I think Enyaba since she was voiced by Barbara Goodson and was around for multiple eps causing trouble for our group.

Yeah that's why I'm asking for a female hero stand user cause she'll most likely stick around for a while cause the female villains they showed us so far were just one and done ,never to be seen again besides enyaba which was great!

On 3/24/2018 at 3:11 AM, Roymustang1990 said:

Yeah that's why I'm asking for a female hero stand user cause she'll most likely stick around for a while cause the female villains they showed us so far were just one and done ,never to be seen again besides enyaba which was great!

Most of the enemy stand users are one and done lol.

On ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž24ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 3:11 AM, Roymustang1990 said:

From what I've heard, you get your wish in Part 6...