UnevenEdge

Outlaw Star ends March 17th; new show March 24th. What's it gonna be?

OwlChemist81

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'm still rooting for them being too lazy to put together a new DBS promo. They just give no fucks over there now, do they? It'd probably explain why we got two music video weeks in a row so recently.

Actually, having thought about it a little, maybe they've decided to stop doing DB Super topicals? I guess they were warranted in the beginning, as it was a major premiere on par with One-Punch Man and the like, but they might not see much reason in them anymore now that its ratings have stabilized. Alternatively, they may just be bored of them.

Edited by Blatch
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 1:37 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

But that notwithstanding, the possibilities are nearly endless, as long as the recipient of that timeslot is an older show that would work as a good "anchor show" for the earlier timeslots. Psycho-Pass would be an interesting option, as would something like Future Diary. Then again, we could be talking Trigun, but I'm picking that to replace Cowboy Bebop a couple of weeks later. Since Gundam is coming to an end soon, I guess it could also be a classic mecha series like Full Metal Panic or Aquarion, but for both of those, we ARE talking long-term commitment. So what do you think it's gonna be? 

For the last 12 years or so, I have always said that Adult Swim should air Full Metal Panic. If this were to ever come to fruition, especially since a new season is premiering in Japan, I would be happy with that decision.

BTW: In case I'm not online on the 24th, Happy Birthday in advance!:)

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

making for TWO empty slots on April 7...

Y... you know, I somehow never managed to realize that until now. So we could potentially get Re:Zero and my prior snap judgment pick of The Big O in HD at the same time.

Or they could shorten the block by a half-hour. B|

• Like 1

This could explain why DeMarco usually acquires some of the most childish-looking shows for the block. Don't get me wrong. I love Anime but I would love to see more adult oriented animation. 

We need more Seinen and Josei Anime. Michiko & Hatchin was the closest to a Josei Action Anime, that Toonami ever aired.

5 hours ago, CaptainStarwind said:

By that logic the block should never have aired Kill la Kill.   Was the show animation cartoony enough that it didn't count as boobs to DeMarco?

That seems to be the right amount.  And yeah, the announcement of KLK was one of the most shocking pick-ups to me!

4 hours ago, Daos said:

There's a pretty big difference in Kill la Kill underboob and say... freezing full on ecchi fanservice

42.jpg

Are we allowed to show nips?  I mean it’s been years since we were under the Adult Swim standards but still.

17 hours ago, elfie said:

That seems to be the right amount.  And yeah, the announcement of KLK was one of the most shocking pick-ups to me!

Amazing that it shocked us after Toonami had JUST finished airing Hellsing Ultimate a month ago!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1