UnevenEdge

Games you made It to the end on

Derackthehunter

3 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

ghostbusters nes

The fact that you tried to beat this repetitive taint of tedium make me think less of you than before.

Anyway, on topic.  It's rare for me to leave a game unfinished if I've put enough time in it to get to the end.....I almost gave up on Strider (2014) but when I got my 64' TV back, and put it in the living room, I wanted to play some games on it and the PS3 is in the living room so I just played that and finally finished it last year.

1 minute ago, Noboru Yamaguchi said:

The fact that you tried to beat this repetitive taint of tedium make me think less of you than before.

Anyway, on topic.  It's rare for me to leave a game unfinished if I've put enough time in it to get to the end.....I almost gave up on Strider (2014) but when I got my 64' TV back, and put it in the living room, I wanted to play some games on it and the PS3 is in the living room so I just played that and finally finished it last year.

I'll do that too, take a long ass break from a game and then randomly go back to it and beat it.

I think the most recent game I did that with was Red Dead.

I got to the last free roam opportunity in FFXII before the final boss, but i got tired of it, and ended up trading it before I ever got around to getting to that final boss. Same thing happened once I got to the free roam section of FFXIII and the last free roam opportunity before Ultimecia in FFVIII. 

19 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

I got to the last free roam opportunity in FFXII before the final boss, but i got tired of it, and ended up trading it before I ever got around to getting to that final boss. Same thing happened once I got to the free roam section of FFXIII and the last free roam opportunity before Ultimecia in FFVIII. 

I do the exact same thing with FF games.  IX is the only one I've beat.  VII,VIII, 1, grinded them for hours only to never finish them. 

1 minute ago, molarbear said:

I do the exact same thing with FF games.  IX is the only one I've beat.  VII,VIII, 1, grinded them for hours only to never finish them. 

How the fuck did you not complete some of the best in the series?

25 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

Seems like a lot of time thrown away.

26 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

Surprising, as you seem to really like ff8.

10 minutes ago, Clu said:

How the fuck did you not complete some of the best in the series?

Honestly?  VII I liked so much I think I just didn't want it to end so I tried to 100% it and then eventually got busy with other stuff.  1 and VIII were just hard.  Grinding didn't help with VIII and with 1 that final area was just fucking brutal. 

1 minute ago, molarbear said:

Honestly?  VII I liked so much I think I just didn't want it to end so I tried to 100% it and then eventually got busy with other stuff.  1 and VIII were just hard.  Grinding didn't help with VIII and with 1 that final area was just fucking brutal. 

If you were grinding in ff8, you were playing it wrong.

12 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

Surprising, as you seem to really like ff8.

I actually do like VIII, but I’ve been slow at completing it. I’ve been widdling away at my PS1 copy for 13 years since I was stuck on the space scene. Eventually, within that time, I only got to the scene leading to Lunatic Pandora. Now that I have the Steam version for cheap, I’m hoping the easier time will give me incentive to see it all through this time. I’m up to the Norg part on PC so it’s going by quickly. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Derackthehunter said:

Seems like a lot of time thrown away.

With VIII, I’ve just been lazy about finishing it, and got myself in a hard place since I didn’t junction properly. I take my time with FF games, but that, VI, and IX are the ones I’m on at be moment that I intend on beating, cause so far I’ve only finished VII.

I just didn’t care for XII and XIII, and that’s why it didn’t feel worth it to finish. My opinion has since softened on XII so if i had a copy or the PS4 remake, I’d be cool playing that. 

1 hour ago, Derackthehunter said:

If you make it to the end of that there's no excuse as to why you didn't finish.

Because sometimes you go so far and there's no more moves so you just start a new game instead of trying to go back and figure out where you messed up.