UnevenEdge

[adult swam]

Poof

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Poof said:

This folder is dead bc nobody likes adultswim anymore it’s so sad

oh well I still like adult swim

I still watch [as] , I still interact with the WS Inmates on occasion. 

But I was never much one for making discussion threads about the shows and since most of their give-away things are facespace and twit specific with the occasional surprise on the streams, there's little for me to announce here. 

It was either the Cleveland Show or King of the Hill when Adult Swim started going downhill, acquiring sheep-le shows like those that obviously were  so right-wing and obviously inappropriate for their once sacred, counterculture sensibilities. Adult Swim jumped the shark a long time ago ESPECIALLY with Rick and Morty (vomits). Now Adult Swim pretty much doesn't play any American show that doesn't also kill human brain cells. The Death of your braincells is definitely a prerequisite for watching them, like, Ever.

So not worth watching outside of Saturdays from 10:30 PM to 3 or 4 AM. Whenever the good block within the bad evil block finishes.

Edited by J.M. Matthews

5 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Rick and Morty is good.

I know a lot of people like it, and I'm not going to dispute that. They're popular shows, I'll say that much. I'm not disputing their ratings. 

Just their content. I don't think it appeals to the first generation of adult swim viewers. 

First generation adult swim viewers used to have something to look forward to. At least some Home Movies or Boondocks or Metalocalypse or Aqua Teen Hunger Force

They don't play anything that's actually creative anymore. That's the whole problem....Adult Swim used to be so kind of intellectual and very creative.

But Now....I bet if I were to turn the TV on right now I wouldn't see anything obscure and lesser known...or indie. I'd have to wait till 1 AM or 4 AM

Edited by J.M. Matthews

I'm watching The Olympics Closing Ceremony. THE OLYMPICS CLOSING CEREMONY

Cartoon Network's gotten such bad content I don't even feel BAD watching NBC instead of Adult Swim anymore. They're pretty much the same thing.

God.

Oh boy, a show about teachers, cuz I'm a teacher, so clearly I can relate to that.

Well, that's my alibi anyway.

Edited by J.M. Matthews

12 minutes ago, J.M. Matthews said:

I know a lot of people like it, and I'm not going to dispute that. They're popular shows, I'll say that much. I'm not disputing their ratings. 

Just their content. I don't think it appeals to the first generation of adult swim viewers. 

First generation adult swim viewers used to have something to look forward to. At least some Home Movies or Boondocks or Metalocalypse or Aqua Teen Hunger Force

They don't play anything that's actually creative anymore. That's the whole problem....Adult Swim used to be so kind of intellectual and very creative.

But Now....I bet if I were to turn the TV on right now I wouldn't see anything obscure and lesser known...or indie. I'd have to wait till 1 AM or 4 AM

I think the problem here might not be the content, but the fact that the "obscure, lesser know, and indie" is now in the mainstream, so of course it has high ratings and many fans.

You can't say it isn't intellectual and creative. It has a well built and deep narrative of well-acted dialogue that speaks with both absurdist and dark humor.

It is highly overrated because it's impossible for anything "this big" not to be. 

But it is really really good.