UnevenEdge

Space Dandy Rerun Discussion

Blatch

Just now, AnimationFan14 said:

Well I wonder what is gonna replace Dandy next week? FUn show while it lasted

I adimt that threw me for a loop for a second on my first watch.  They play around with negative continuity in this show a lot, which makes sense.

It's crucial to the reveal at the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought they did play Viva Namida on episode 1 when it re-aired in April 2014, but I guess I could be wrong.

At any rate, it was a random-ass decision not to include it this time, since they had one version with it and one without. I wonder if we'll hear it at some point during this rerun or not. It was episode 7 of the original run when we got it, IIRC.

45 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I thought they did play Viva Namida on episode 1 when it re-aired in April 2014, but I guess I could be wrong.

At any rate, it was a random-ass decision not to include it this time, since they had one version with it and one without. I wonder if we'll hear it at some point during this rerun or not. It was episode 7 of the original run when we got it, IIRC.

This sounds just like the Lupin III Part IV situation.

23 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It's actually nothing like that. They just didn't get the rights to it right off the bat. Remember, Space Dandy WAS originally a WORLD premiere!!

they never managed to get the rights to the ending theme either

but just in case anyone wants that, I found a fandub of it

(the actual song is hard to find for some reason)

found the full song but can't find the ending itself

no idea who "Everett" is but the song mentions them a lot

apparently "Everett" is a refference to Hugh Everett, the physicist who first came up with the idea that there were many parallel universes

Edited by mochi