UnevenEdge

Black Clover ep 2 discussion

mochi

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah it's awkward placement.

It is somewhat awkward placement. They should have done this at the beginning of the fight or at least before he activated his grimoire which should have been the climax of the fight.

They clearly wanted that to be in episode 1 rather than 2 though.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gyaos said:

I have to say that so far, I like it more than Tokyo Ghoul, but this can still change.

Also, that is not a difficult accomplishment.

It's better than TG, but so is everything. I'd even go so far as to say it's more watchable than any of the Gundam's we've had on Toonami.

There's nothing really bad about it aside from the pacing and early filler, it's just completely unoriginal and the anime community just has zero appetite for an utterly generic Shonen after watching thousands of episodes of Bleach/DBZ/Naruto/OnePiece/Blue Exorcist/Inuyasha/MHA/Fairytail.

If this had come out in the 2000's, it would probably have been a huge hit.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, DangerMouse said:

Well backstory in this case since we haven't seen their history before at least not yet.

Fullmetal Alchemist did this and it wasn't too bad--of course they DID let the first fight finish, and this show didn't even do THAT!

Boy, Asta is thicker than those dudes on those old A&W commercials; how the hell is he gonna forget that NUNS CAN'T MARRY!?

So we see what it takes to be the Wizard King.

Who knew the theme of tonight would be calming babies down? DB Super and Black Clover so far in my Monday daytime viewing of Toonami, because I was just TOO DARN SLEEPY after waking up in a cold house at 7 AM Saturday morning and I did stay out until Midnight so I got to see Lupin live and--that's pretty much it.

I actually like this show. Excessive flashbacks, but I feel it's pretty well done. No worse than Bleach was, anyway. And that was some really cool animation for when he finally vanquished the bastard!

On 12/9/2017 at 10:33 PM, ben0119 said:

We saw this all last week.  Stop re-showing so much!

Give credit to Yuno not throwing Asta under the bus though.

Little late on this, but so far I have to say the one redeeming thing about this anime (to me at least) is the even-handed and somewhat brotherly way in which Asta and Yuno are portrayed. As far as animes based on two boys having a "rvialry" this might be the best usage of that trope. I do not count HxH because I disagree that Gon and Killua have a traditional rivalry relationship.

The reason I say that is not yet apparent to you guys who have not seen the sub, but I will say that I personally really like Yuno as a character thus far and find him to be a genuinely good person. He is not a Sasuke clone.

• Like 1

I typically don't post in the talkbacks, but I feel I had to for this one.

This was the first episode of Black Clover I watched live.  Between these two episodes, I can safely say that this show is the most cliche thing I have ever seen in my life.  It hits all the points; annoying protagonist who everyone seems to hate, aloof rival, protagonist unlocking some great power, people being inspired by the protagonist.  It's actually really impressive how generic this is.  Akame ga Kill was more original than this.

I'll watch it, of course.  I don't hate it, and I doubt I will.  But... WOW.  I expected it to be generic, and it somehow exceeded those expectations.  Bravo, Black Clover.

• Haha 2