UnevenEdge

Black Clover ep 2 discussion

mochi

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Well backstory in this case since we haven't seen their history before at least not yet.

I can get behind that, but you don't do this after setting up a fight in the previous episode. That's just poor storytelling, and any competent writer would agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Already a better friendship than Naruto and Sasuke. :)

Ironically the fact that Yuno and Asta actually like eachother and really are friends is one of the things people like about the show

they're rivals, but friendly rivals

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gyaos said:

I can get behind that, but you don't do this after setting up a fight in the previous episode. That's just poor storytelling, and any competent writer would agree.

Yeah, I mean they could have had this be the first episode and do it chronologically or after the fight rather than teasing the fight then getting back to it soon. But it's not like this is filler since we haven't seen them as kids yet.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Just now, mochi said:

that's a running gag in this show, Asta asking the nun to marry him no matter how many times it's explained to him that nuns cannot marry

Its only repeated like once in the manga. Here they make it a running gag and you can tell it fails because iT'S JUST THE SAME EXACT FUCKIN JOKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITHOUT ANY TWIST,

2 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

Yeah, this is just a sign of horrible pacing.  Especially since 95% of Episode 1 was very slow to begin with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I mean they could have had this be the first episode and do it chronologically or after the fight rather than teasing the fight then getting back to it soon. But it's not like this is filler.

So far what I've seen in this episode is pretty much what I expected. More nun flirting, and more incompetence from the M.C.

If they're going to give the M.C. a badass moment, they should follow through with it.

1 minute ago, Gyaos said:

So far what I've seen in this episode is pretty much what I expected. More nun flirting, and more incompetence from the M.C.

If they're going to give the M.C. a badass moment, they should follow through with it.

Well the main payoff for this backstory is at the end with Yuno and Asta, one we see Yuno on his little "mission".

So December exists in this world and it's cold at that time.  Then again what's up with the church, priest, and nun?

Yeah that's a GREAT way to deal with a baby.

STOP RUNNING THAT GAG INTO THE GROUND!

I bet Yuno is going to run into trouble and need help from Asta.