UnevenEdge

Toriko Kinda came and went

mochi

Didn't Funimation drop it like a sack of potatoes since it sold like shit?

not sure

also apparently the manga got cancelled last year

not surprising, I always disliked how it looked and didn't see what was so great about fusing Dragonball and Chowder

chowder_600x400.jpg

into one show

I laughed so hard when it took a shit. Shounen Jump kept trying to pop up as the potential Bleach killer and was its unofficial replacement in the Big Three while Bleach was still running, and had been given crossovers with One Piece and DBZ as if it'll be the biggest franchise known to man... And then it all went downhill from there.

I didn't really find the premise of it all that interesting so I never watched or read it.  Seems like I made the correct call.

the Premise was always dumb to me too

it was basically

"Genetic Shone Martial arts anime.....BUT WITH FOOD!" as if there being food would make the same repeatitive shonen formula any better :|

As a point of comparison, the entire premise of Toriko was a simple career choice by a single character in Hunter x Hunter.

And oh lord, those One Piece and DBZ crossovers were painful.  The OP/DBZ one might have been decently fun if Toriko hadn't been awkwardly inserted in there like the world's biggest third wheel.

Back when that cover came out, everyone was either focused on how they tried to boot Bleach out of the Big Three to make way for Toriko or happened to notice Gintoki in the background looking completely off. The random Sket Dance guy tried to match him on the goofy face competition, but Gintoki becoming an old fat guy was when you knew the cover completely went to hell.