UnevenEdge

Finally saw IT (not really a review, just blabbering)

André Toulon

It's been ages since I saw the old movie, and I clearly remember the book being dark af and not amusing at all......But this new IT was a fucking riot.  Me and the kids laughed through the entire thing......I only remember them getting jumpscared once during a Beverly scene.  The rest of the time it was like watching them fight Toon Judge Doom.

I'm not complaining....It was a fun flick......Though I guess this one was in the 80s and not the 60s since the kid was playing the original Street Fighter.  It just didn't have that "IT" factor like the mini-series.

• Like 1

It's been ages since I saw the old movie, and I clearly remember the book being dark af and not amusing at all......But this new IT was a fucking riot.  Me and the kids laughed through the entire thing......I only remember them getting jumpscared once during a Beverly scene.  The rest of the time it was like watching them fight Toon Judge Doom.

I'm not complaining....It was a fun flick......Though I guess this one was in the 80s and not the 60s since the kid was playing the original Street Fighter.  It just didn't have that "IT" factor like the mini-series.

I thought it was good also

The lady it shape shifts into was freaky even though you saw it coming

They strayed from the book quite a bit but I didn't mind.

I think the kid from Stranger Things (He played Richie) deserves a fucking reward for his performance in that movie.  Pretty much every other line out of his mouth had me laughing

They strayed from the book quite a bit but I didn't mind.

I think the kid from Stranger Things (He played Richie) deserves a fucking reward for his performance in that movie.  Pretty much every other line out of his mouth had me laughing

I think this one was actually closer to the book than the original

I probably won't see it until next year.

Finally saw The Conjuring and Get Out this week.

I wouldn't peg it as a must see type of thing because I never would have seen it until my daughter kept asking me to watch yt videos of it with her, and telling me what her friends at school have said about it......Then I was like, give me 10 minutes, we can watch it too.

• 3 weeks later...

It was way better than the original, not to mention more accurate to the actual book and had darker parts in it. There were a few corny parts, however, that is perhaps the nature of a supernatural clown demon. Also good horror movies don't rely on jump scares, they use them effectively like any other tool in the kit of horror directors. Some will disagree with me, but I'm a long time horror fan, and the best horror films I've ever seen which genuinely made me scared, disturbed, or otherwise unsettled had few or no jump scares.

Must... resist... pointing out stereotype of raucous black people in horror movie theaters... Must... not... YouTube clip from 'Scary Movie'...

He said they laughed not that they were having a hoedown. Come off it, I laugh or talk to friends sometimes during a movie, that's usually a good sign it's actually entertaining. When I went to see IT in theatres there was a lot of laughter and comments going around from both white and black people.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was amazing. I loved all the children. I was a little annoyed with the jump scares.

I kept forgetting i was watching a horror film, because the kids were so compelling. like the acting was ON POINT, they were so fuckin funny

like honestly best rom com of the year. I was so glad i saw it in theatres

also when bev at the end just rubs her blood all over his face romantically, amazing

i honestly felt so complete after that film like wow so good

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i read the book in 3 days. i was excited when the mini series came on, which followed the book pretty closely (rare thing for king adaptations.)

the new IT movie was a fun ride. some bits were a little unnerving, but all in all a good movie. 

i was a little disappointed they didn't show what actually happened to henry bowers. probably in the 2nd part.