UnevenEdge

goth or industrial music thread?

Naraku4656

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard the season finale ending theme song for Black Lagoon, it reminded me of White Zombie's remix of "Electric Head Part 1 (The Agony)." I like both the original and remixed versions of both "Electric Head" Parts 1 and 2. The original Parts 1 and 2 are more Horror Groove Metal whereas their remixes are more Industrial.

Speaking of Black Lagoon.

I'm still trying to decide if I should add Mudvayne to the list. They have some elements of Industrial Metal. However, they are more of a Shock Metal band like Slipknot and Mushroomhead. They are also considered to be the so-called "Masked" bands. In the meantime here's some Orgy.

And Orgy's Jay Gordon. Still love his sexy voice ~ 20 years later. Grrr! ;)

Queen Of The Damned was a shitty movie, but I still love the soundtrack.

I'm still trying to decide if I should add Mudvayne to the list. They have some elements of Industrial Metal. However, they are more of a Shock Metal band like Slipknot and Mushroomhead. They are also considered to be the so-called "Masked" bands. In the meantime here's some Orgy.

And Orgy's Jay Gordon. Still love his sexy voice ~ 20 years later. Grrr! ;)

Queen Of The Damned was a shitty movie, but I still love the soundtrack.

The Queen of the Damned soundtrack is one of the few cds I bought right after watching a movie.

I had considered adding some Garbage to the list, but questioned if I should or not. Anyway, here's some J-Rock and J-Pop.

Should've had Nightmare's song, "Alumina" as a cell ringtone 10-11 years ago. LOL!

Kanon Wakeshima is more of a Neoclassical/Darkwave cellist and singer. This song by Kanon Wakeshima was used as the ending theme song for Vampire Knight: Guilty.

Here's a bonus song of hers. This is probably my favorite by Kanon.

Filter was usually featured on Horror and Supernatural soundtracks. I remember the band debuting with "Hey Man, Nice Shot" on the Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight Soundtrack in '94. Filter was also on Spawn, The Crow: City Of Angels (shitty movie but decent soundtrack), and The Crow: Salvation Soundtrack.

BTW: The Crow: Salvation movie was much better than City Of Angels. However, neither can top the original film.

Oh yeah, Nick Cave got some weird dark shit out there  :) .

The most I ever really heard from him was the song, that was always used for the SCREAM Trilogies. I was debating whether or not to share VAST's song "Touched." Even though it was featured on Angel and the show's soundtrack, it's not exactly Goth or Industrial. "Here" is classified as Industrial because it has the sound.

I can't remember if someone already posted this or not by The Killing Joke. Maybe it was in our original thread. I haven't been to the Music sub-forum in a few days.

This is the other song from VAST I was talking about, which was featured on Angel. I already heard this song before the character got his spinoff show. Showing my age here but oh well. As Might Guy says, "Let the power of youth explode!" >:D

I always thought Glenn Danzig sounded like a Goth version of Elvis Presley and Jim Morrison from The Doors. An interesting tidbit I learned a while back was that critics during the '60s claimed Jim Morrison's lyrics sounded "Gothic." Danzig also considered Elvis and Jim to be some of his musical influences.

Even though A Perfect Circle is neither Goth, nor Industrial in sound, I have YET to meet a fellow Goth, who hates any band fronted by Maynard James Keenan. 17 years later I still love "Magdalena." There's just something about this song and other APC songs, that suck me in. No, I'm not high or a stoner. Just saying.