UnevenEdge

goth or industrial music thread?

Naraku4656

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to post this yesterday but I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Yeah, yesterday was hectic and chaotic. :D I was trying to decide between the original "Blue Monday" by Joy Division, which evolved into being the group New Order and Orgy's 1998 cover of the song.

I think most have heard Orgy's cover. Therefore, I'm sharing the original by  Joy Division a.k.a. New Order.

Meanwhile, here's another song from Siouxsie And The Banshees. This was featured on the Batman Returns Soundtrack.

Since the time I've come back to post on this message board last week, the whole vibe has felt really strange. I get the needling sense, that something major happened while I was away even more so this week. The full moon will be out on the 5th, so we gotta be prepared for more crazy shit to happen. Now that I  think about it, the full moon's energy is starting to amplify that strange, needling sense that I keep getting.

I remember that! Also, I suddenly have the urge to dress in all black and go to Hot Topic just to make fun of the posers. (Or some shit.)

Too bad they won't bring some Rivithead stores to my town. All we have is Hot Topic. Hop Topic's franchise was hijacked by mostly Hipsters over the last decade or so. Ugh!

This was on the original release of London After Midnight's Psycho Magnet album. "Where Good Girls Go To Die" is on the 2003 reissue of the album. The reissue has a different album cover and some songs were expanded to be longer like "The Bondage Song," for example. This is from their original Psycho Magnet album from '97.

Here's something a little different. You have probably never heard of the Goth Music composers Midnight Syndicate. During this spring, I suggested to the music duo on social media, that they should compose music for all 4 seasons, especially spring and summer. I told them we need some creepy, Easter Bunny Music and they are taking it into consideration. LOL! >:D

Too bad they won't bring some Rivithead stores to my town. All we have is Hot Topic. Hop Topic's franchise was hijacked by mostly Hipsters over the last decade or so. Ugh!

I did not know that. Bummer.

Also, I don't know if it's been posted yet, but here's some Peter Murphy, formerly of Bauhaus.

I did not know that. Bummer.

Yeah, Hot Topic started to change during 2003-2006. There's very few things I will buy from them anymore. If it's not retro merchandise from the '80s like cartoon T-shirts  or something, I will buy some Anime merchandise once in a blue moon. Otherwise, it's pointless. Hot Topic started selling Pop Music merchandise and the shitty kind too. Hot Topic is no longer Goth centric. That's why I said there should be more Rivithead stores.

I just remembered Black Light Burns. They were considered Industrial Rock. In some ways, they could also pass as being Goth Rock. I say this mostly because of Limp Bizkit's Wes Borland. When Wes was in the middle of forming the supergroup, The Damning Well, their song "Coward" was featured on the original Underworld Soundtrack.

I believe the band was listed as "The Damning Well," before the group lineup changed. Filter's Richard Patrick left The Damning Well. Then, the band evolved and was renamed Black Light Burns.

Wes Borland also started to look more Goth, after leaving Limp Bizkit for a while.

Here's some more Stabbing Westward. "Waking Up Beside You" is not only on their Darkest Days album, but also The Crow: Salvation Soundtrack. It was also featured in the film.

Honestly, The Crow 1 and 3 are the best films out the franchise. I can't believe that Hollywood is steady trying to remake the original. They're trying to spit on Brandon Lee's legacy.

Technically speaking, Stone Temple Pilots was a '90s Grunge band. However, before they were Stone Temple Pilots, they were called Mighty Joe Young. Originally, their song, "Only Dying" was going to be released on The Crow Soundtrack.

After Brandon Lee was killed during the making of The Crow, the band changed their mind. They felt it would be in poor taste to release "Only Dying," after Brandon's death. Instead of featuring "Only Dying" on The Crow Soundtrack, they released "Big Empty" (which can be found on their 2nd album, Purple).

RIP Scott Weiland & Brandon Lee! :(

Too bad Jonathan Davis never had the opportunity to do that music collaboration with Aaliyah like they had planned for the Queen Of The Damned Soundtrack. After she was killed in that plane crash 16 years ago, he was devastated especially since Aaliyah told him, that she was a fan of KoRn.

Meanwhile, Sony Music restricted Jonathan Davis from releasing his own vocals for the Queen Of The Damned Soundtrack. Because the movie and the soundtrack were under Warner Bros, he had to contact vocalists from the Warner Bros. Music Group to sing over his vocals.

RIP Wayne Static of Static-X!

RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots!

I finally found this song. It's not exactly Goth or Industrial. However, I remember hearing this song years ago on the show Hex. Hex used to air on BBC, during the early 2000's. After all the hunting, I learned this song was by Helicopter Girl called "Satan's Seventh Bride." Anybody ever watch Hex years ago, or am I the only person here?

You somewhat beat me to the punch. I was waiting to share the full song on Halloween as opposed to the radio edit version.

Sorry. I started singing the chorus to myself while at work, and I couldn't get it out of my head. So...I felt the need to post it.

I think it'll be okay if you still end up posting it on Halloween.

Sorry. I started singing the chorus to myself while at work, and I couldn't get it out of my head. So...I felt the need to post it.

I think it'll be okay if you still end up posting it on Halloween.

Yeah, I know that feeling all too well. I have been tempted to post Type O Negative's "All Hallows Eve," too but I'm waiting until Halloween. :)