UnevenEdge

Getting a cold is so awesome when you don't have sick time

Swimmod_Luna

i like going to work sick...shows dedication...then again I think it looks better to be sent home for being too unwell than to just screw them from the get go

I would have called off today if I had sick time, probably. Though even with not having sick time if I went in and was so visibly ill that someone said something about me going home I wouldn't say no.

And you've been on this job for what, six months? And they make yoy do doubles often? Are you ever going to get PTO after a certain time?

Six months on the 20th. Haven't had to do mandatory overtime in over a month. I like to pick up extra shifts on occasion just to get more hours. I don't get any PTO until I get a permanent position, which will hopefully be soon but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I've been kind of passively trying to find other positions that offer full benefits right from the start but I really like direct care and want to stay in those types of positions, but it's hard to find a position that pays as much as I make now unless you get into supervisory positions and I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of responsibility, plus a lot of those come with on-call responsibilities.

Six months on the 20th. Haven't had to do mandatory overtime in over a month. I like to pick up extra shifts on occasion just to get more hours. I don't get any PTO until I get a permanent position, which will hopefully be soon but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I've been kind of passively trying to find other positions that offer full benefits right from the start but I really like direct care and want to stay in those types of positions, but it's hard to find a position that pays as much as I make now unless you get into supervisory positions and I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of responsibility, plus a lot of those come with on-call responsibilities.

Well, I really don't know how it is working with the state, but I would really consider looking for another job if you aren't offered a permanent position after the year mark passes. I've been working my shitty job for only three months, yet I already have benefits and twenty hours of sick leave.

Well, I really don't know how it is working with the state, but I would really consider looking for another job if you aren't offered a permanent position after the year mark passes. I've been working my shitty job for only three months, yet I already have benefits and twenty hours of sick leave.

The pay is a lot higher than what I'd get doing something similar for a privately owned company. Like 5-8 dollars an hour higher. But that's really the only benefit I have now since I don't have the benefits or job security that come with permanent positions. But I figure if I'm not permanent by a year I at least had enough experience that I'll have more options elsewhere.

Been closer to 40-45 hour weeks as of late. And I could call off if I wanted to I just don't have sick time so it would be leave without pay.

with all of the double super overtime you can't afford one day off to just not go in? i had to do that before, don't like doing it but i had to do it

with all of the double super overtime you can't afford one day off to just not go in? i had to do that before, don't like doing it but i had to do it

They also cut my hours so one day off would put me before 40 hours. Plus with me not being permanent I always feel like I'm on thin ice and calling off without "proof" from a doctor could get me in trouble.