UnevenEdge

Found myself a 2015 Avalanche

André Toulon

I can get it for 17k cash, 77k miles (kinda wary because my lac had 170k when I bought it and it was 20 years old)....Only problem, it was an Enterprise car.  I'm not sure how I should approach this outside of blue book, but how would I find out how many people drove it.  Rogue_Alphonse[/member] what say you

I can get it for 17k cash, 77k miles (kinda wary because my lac had 170k when I bought it and it was 20 years old)....Only problem, it was an Enterprise car.  I'm not sure how I should approach this outside of blue book, but how would I find out how many people drove it.  Rogue_Alphonse[/member] what say you

Stay away from rentals, especially trucks (though that's an "SUT" according to GM) and 77k on a 2015 rental? I mean, my mom has 80k on her 2014 Wrangler but she does a lot of trips and drives 60 miles a day for her job...

I actually do like that body style Suburban/Tahoe/Avalanche but... the thing with rentals is: "Well maintained". Yes, it may have had service checks every time it was used and regular oil changes and inspections, but the mechanics that do it work for a corporate company that only cares about making money off of people i.e. "Just fix it as fast as you can" So shit will start to break within a year.

Stay away from rentals, especially trucks (though that's an "SUT" according to GM) and 77k on a 2015 rental? I mean, my mom has 80k on her 2014 Wrangler but she does a lot of trips and drives 60 miles a day for her job...

I actually do like that body style Suburban/Tahoe/Avalanche but... the thing with rentals is: "Well maintained". Yes, it may have had service checks every time it was used and regular oil changes and inspections, but the mechanics that do it work for a corporate company that only cares about making money off of people i.e. "Just fix it as fast as you can" So shit will start to break within a year.

Already had that experience with a dealership

Chrysler dealership sold me the car will a shit ton issues including 3 bolts missing from my engine mount

Do used trucks really go for that much? Jesus I'm glad I drive a car.

I paid $22k for a 2015 Prius with 6k miles on it and I thought it was a bit pricey.

That's why I'm asking Rogue.....I know absolute shit about car values.....It was marked 22 but I said how much if I pay cash and he said 17.  I only buy cash cars and the last time I bought a car off a lot was my 626 which wound up having a recall that I didn't know about until 3 years later and I got stuck with a fucked up transmission.

That's why I generally buy cars off other people for 1-3k......I've had much better luck and IDGAF if I have to leave it on the side of the road.