UnevenEdge

Joined a Union

Misaka

i was part of a union in my first two jobs. didn't do a damn thing for me except take money. if i had to go retail again i wouldn't join the union. let them fire me if i'm doing a shitty job idc

I found out I get a bit more out of it because of the fact I'm a tax deduction being ADHD and the fact this Union has a policy to protect those with autism.

i was part of a union in my first two jobs. didn't do a damn thing for me except take money. if i had to go retail again i wouldn't join the union. let them fire me if i'm doing a shitty job idc

I'm a janitor in a union.  The union grants me seniority rights and that means I can choose my assignments.  I don't have to clean restrooms unless I feel like chasing tips.  All the dirtiest work is left up to people way down in the seniority chain.  Also, if I have a beef with a manager, I can be heard in a grievance hearing.  I mean, how many times in the last six years has somebody in management tried to pull my summer vacation out from under me?  I win that vacation every time when taking such cases to the union.  Management can win, but since most of them refuse to follow procedures, they're sunk.