UnevenEdge

I feel like shit

fuggnificent

If you weren't bipolar, you'd be something else that sucks in its own special way.  That's why I stick with the devil I know.

I decided I disagree strongly with this one^

Few things cause people to loose their mind like mental illness BS. I'll take type 1 Diabetes over this shit any day of the week. Or missing both legs below the knees, or an eye, or cancer, etc.

I decided I disagree strongly with this one^

Few things cause people to loose their mind like mental illness BS. I'll take type 1 Diabetes over this shit any day of the week. Or missing both legs below the knees, or an eye, or cancer, etc.

Meh, I don't know. It's nice to be able to have the occasional chocolate bar or milk shake and have the only consequence be salad for dinner for a night or two, not a session of either messing around with my insulin or saying to hell with it and begging for complications. I live by myself, I mow my own lawn, I go up and down stairs, even at my craziest; can't do that with no legs. I'm so nearsighted in one eye that I don't have any depth perception, so losing it wouldn't make much difference. I've watched a lot of people die from cancer, including my parents. I'd rather be bipolar - no matter how much pain I'm in, I can always get up and go to the bathroom, I can (although I might not) feed myself, and I can turn over in bed. You don't have those options in end-stage cancer.

And the thing is, is that bipolar disorder is treatable. Not easily, no 100% symptom free guaranteed, but enough so that one can get along. I'd rather have something like bipolar disorder than a personality disorder, which can't be medicated per se, but instead requires intensive therapy, which horrifies me more than a life on meds.

And to go completely Pollyanna on you:

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. (Robert Louis Stevenson)

Meh, I don't know. It's nice to be able to have the occasional chocolate bar or milk shake and have the only consequence be salad for dinner for a night or two, not a session of either messing around with my insulin or saying to hell with it and begging for complications. I live by myself, I mow my own lawn, I go up and down stairs, even at my craziest; can't do that with no legs. I'm so nearsighted in one eye that I don't have any depth perception, so losing it wouldn't make much difference. I've watched a lot of people die from cancer, including my parents. I'd rather be bipolar - no matter how much pain I'm in, I can always get up and go to the bathroom, I can (although I might not) feed myself, and I can turn over in bed. You don't have those options in end-stage cancer.

And the thing is, is that bipolar disorder is treatable. Not easily, no 100% symptom free guaranteed, but enough so that one can get along. I'd rather have something like bipolar disorder than a personality disorder, which can't be medicated per se, but instead requires intensive therapy, which horrifies me more than a life on meds.

And to go completely Pollyanna on you:

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. (Robert Louis Stevenson)

162192.jpg?s=16990089ae4f3d6c31891ff69f043241

Well solitaire isn't poker so your statement is pointless.

So why does it have to be poker? This is Ammurica, dammit, and I can do whatever I want to with a deck of cards, either by myself or with another consenting adult.

And besides, the only other game I know how to play is Fish.