UnevenEdge

a follow up to that Dream Daddy thread

mochi

games been out for a few days and while the game isn't full of Homophobic gamegrumps jokes

it's still terrible in it's own way

from the sound of it, you do get to have sex with each dad....but once you show signs of being serious about each dad...they ditch you, basically there's no romance involved in the game, just you seducing a bunch of dads into fucking you, then they basically say, well this was fun, now get lost, when you try to take the relationship further

I've heard at least 3 of the dads do this

one dad chooses christianity over his happiness and recedes back into the closet to be with his beard/wife after fucking you.

one dad will outright reject you if you ever sleep with him, and even if you attempt to romance him without sleeping with him he will still tell you he just wants to be friends

and I've heard at least one other dad ALSO eventually tells you he doesn't want to be with you

it turns out the game was secretly a nightmarishly homophobic horror game

in the game's true ending all the dads are revealed the be a gay sex cult who murders you

the ending is currently either dummied out, or has to be unlocked via special methods

What

the gamegrumps made a prank gay dating sim where you play as a single gay dad trying to find a new husband

except the game is rigged so none of the guys will ever start a relationship with you, they all turn you down before things get serious

From what I'm seeing, a lot of people are going down the same routes and getting the same endings. The ones who did things differently are getting the happy endings, and now people are badgering them to know what they did  :D.

proof?, because literally everyone says it's impossible to romance either Jospeh or Robert no matter what you do differently

Robert

There might be a glitch going on with Joseph's ending.

I know you can get Rob's "good" ending

I just don't think his good ending is very good because it consists of him telling you he just wants to be friends

Take it to Tumblr. I'm sure there are plenty people there who are just as outraged as you.

there are but they've all gone silent since most of them are gamegrumps fans who are frantically replaying the game over and over trying to convince themself that the game isn't just a huge troll

Something really fucked up is wrong with this game

people found dummied out content in the game via datamining that shows that all the dads get together and murder you as part of a cult in one of the games endings (apparently in Joseph's inaccessible good ending)

I'm not fucking kidding

Markiplier made a video about this game that was somewhat funny, but I don't think he cared enough

to try and finish it. I clicked away after he got into a conversation with his daughter over her baby pictures.

I doubt there's very many truly "homophobic" people by the way. I'm not scared of shit, but I do find it disgusting.

for example..  but that's a different topic all together. That game was straight garbage though. Was the point to be

dating dads? Are you a gay dad  when playing the game looking for another daddy for your daughter? Idk.

Markiplier made a video about this game that was somewhat funny, but I don't think he cared enough

to try and finish it. I clicked away after he got into a conversation with his daughter over her baby pictures.

I doubt there's very many truly "homophobic" people by the way. I'm not scared of shit, but I do find it disgusting.

for example..  but that's a different topic all together. That game was straight garbage though. Was the point to be

dating dads? Are you a gay dad  when playing the game looking for another daddy for your daughter? Idk.

"Homophobic" doesn't mean fear of gay people.

ho·mo·pho·bic

ˌhōməˈfōbik

adjective

having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

"Homophobic" doesn't mean fear of gay people.

ho·mo·pho·bic

ˌhōməˈfōbik

adjective

having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

I was waiting for someone to say that bullshit, but that has only more or less been accepted as a definition for the

word because of repeated use in the wrong context mostly by LGBT activists. This is the original fucking definition

of the word before so. homophobic being an adjective of "homophobia". I mean I really don't care, it's hilarious.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

I was waiting for someone to say that bullshit, but that has only more or less been accepted as a definition for the

word because of repeated use in the wrong context mostly by LGBT activists. This is the original fucking definition

of the word before so. homophobic being an adjective of "homophobia". I mean I really don't care, it's hilarious.

Yeah, I figured someone was going to post that too......Words don't have definitions anymore which goes in tune with all of the subcultures that have no real business existing that cause inner conflict of the LGBT community.  You can just fabricate meanings now to progress your argument.

That said, It's really hard to call Mochi paranoid when you say things like "it's disgusting" even if the context is fairly vague as to you meaning homosexuality or the shittiness of the game.

Read the definition you linked to my man

irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Fear of, OR aversion to, OR discrimination against. Fear isn't necessary for something or someone to be homophobic.

That's how the word is used, that's what the word means. That's how words and definitions work.

Yeah, I figured someone was going to post that too......Words don't have definitions anymore which goes in tune with all of the subculters that have no real besiness existing that cause inner conflict of the LGBT community.  You can just fabricate meanings now to progress your argument.

What the fuck are you even trying to say here.

"I hate gay people they should have fewer rights and such"

"You're a homophobe"

"I'm not scared of them I just hate them"

"Yeah, you're a homophobe"

"NO I'M NOT I'm an anti-gay bigot and there's no word that means that so you have to say it out just like that, anti-gay bigot"

"There is a word that means that, it's homophobe"

"NO, NO"

Not only, as Nab pointed out, the definition you linked inclusive of "aversion to" and "discrimination against", but if you want to get into semamtics about word meaning based on etymology, "homophobia" shouldn't translate to anything about homosexuality. The prefix "homo" means "same", so "homophobia" should translate to "irrational fear of the same".

It doesn't mean that because the word is relatively new to the language and uses the root words loosely. So, just because the literal word means "irrational fear of the same" that's not actually what it is defined as. Wherein, it can be inferred that since "homo" is applied loosely, so may be "phobia".

I'm saying that homophopia has gained a new meaning to mean something other than the root words entail.

I'm also saying that the conflict arises for, for example, hard feminist lesbians not embracing the trans community despite them both wanting equal rights.

If I missed the point of your question I'll try to address it.

Not only, as Nab pointed out, the definition you linked inclusive of "aversion to" and "discrimination againt", but if you want to get into semamtics about word meaning based on etymology, "homophobia" shouldn't translate to anything about homosexuality. The prefix "homo" means "same", so "homophobia" should translate to "irrational fear of the same".

It doesn't mean that because the word is relatively new to the language and uses the root words loosely. So, just because the literal word means "irrational fear of the same" that's not actually what it means. Wherein, it can be inferred that since "homo" is applied loosely, so may be "phobia".

Lol, word!

I never thought about putting it that way, that's great.

I'm saying that homophopia has gained a new meaning to mean something other than the root words entail.

I'm also saying that the conflict arises for, for example, hard feminist lesbians not embracing the trans community despite them both wanting equal rights.

If I missed the point of your question I'll try to address it.

Dude what

I'm just gonna go pass out. Speaking of games I'm getting the new 2ds XL next week so get your mother fucking teams ready. POKEMON BATTLES.

YOU TOO, NARAKU

Not only, as Nab pointed out, the definition you linked inclusive of "aversion to" and "discrimination against", but if you want to get into semamtics about word meaning based on etymology, "homophobia" shouldn't translate to anything about homosexuality. The prefix "homo" means "same", so "homophobia" should translate to "irrational fear of the same".

It doesn't mean that because the word is relatively new to the language and uses the root words loosely. So, just because the literal word means "irrational fear of the same" that's not actually what it is defined as. Wherein, it can be inferred that since "homo" is applied loosely, so may be "phobia".

Homo doesn't mean what you think it means

Homo doesn't mean what you think it means

Yes it does.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=homo-

There's more than one "homo". "Homophobia" is derivative of Greek origin root words.

Regardless, the other root word is "human" or "male human", so it still wouldn't translate to "fear of homosexuality" no matter how you twist it, not unless you bring in much more modern variations.

Yes it does.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=homo-

There's more than one "homo". "Homophobia" is derivative of Greek origin root words.

Regardless, the other root word is "human" or "male human", so it still wouldn't translate to "fear of homosexuality" no matter how you twist it, not unless you bring in much more modern variations.

I wasn't agreeing with MC Widow's Peak....Just stating that I knew what was coming next.  I don't care how people use or misuse words, we all know what we're talking about by context.  To reiterate my point, definitions change based on their validity to the argument.  That's all.

If nothing else I suppose this game provoked an interesting discussion about what does and doesn't constitute homophobia

either way, the false advertising pissed me off, the game wasn't what I was told it was, I find it effed up, and I'm never watching the gamegrumps again

so that's the end of my saga with this game (''-_-'');;;

**grunts in annoyance then shuffles off to work on some art**

I wasn't agreeing with MC Widow's Peak....Just stating that I knew what was coming next.  I don't care how people use or misuse words, we all know what we're talking about by context.  To reiterate my point, definitions change based on their validity to the argument.  That's all.

I wasn't arguing that "homophobia" does mean fear of the same. I was arguing if you base the definition on the root word of -phobia alone, it falls apart by applying the same logic to "homo-", which is used the same as ex: homosexual - attraction to same sex, or homogeneous - "of the same kind".

Definitions change. It comes from English being a living language. So you can take that old definition and shove it.

I have editing to do, so naw to dealing with this shit right now.

fair enough, I'm just kind of in a state of disbelief that my predictions about the game were so spot on

and sad that I have to give up the gamegrumps now