UnevenEdge

This place was better when unregistered guests could read.

1938 Packard

Maybe so but it was kind of annoying seeing the board go from all the usual members to like...

Philosipher_Stoned and 75 guests when things die down in the dead of the night because everyone

just kinda starts casually lurking and hitting the refresh button to see if anything has changed.

I had my account set to stay logged in for a while until it get reset when I made my alt

for some reason. That's what brought people in..ha! Rich!  :D

I really don't think guest viewership is a neccessary feature, but I can kinda see what you mean.

If I'm thinking about signing up for a forum I'm not familiar with I usually try to see what kind of

content is posted, and what the memberbase is like, but until all the annoying kinks get worked

out it's probably for the best that only the registered members that already know whats going

on with that use it. That's like a real estate agent trying to sell you a house that still has the

building crew all over it and pieces of the framwork showing.  :D

None of the guests were actual people.

90% of the visitors were spambots with IP addresses in Russia and China.

The rest were search engine bots like Yandex and Google.

Well now it seems good for the site to be private

None of the guests were actual people.

90% of the visitors were spambots with IP addresses in Russia and China.

The rest were search engine bots like Yandex and Google.

One of those was Hubb dude we should filter it so he can get in  :|

the only real reasons we ever needed guest views was so that unregistered SNs could post on Password Recovery and so that the entire world could read Sponges fanfiction.

Why not just use the backup for that use

Not only was this place better when unregistered guests could read, it was better when the members could read.

Now we just sit around and look at the little bugs on the screen - thank God for emojis.

We have some new names and people who don't act like ASMBers.

The "new names" are old users with new names. Some are people who left years ago and came back because they were told about this place. I can't think of a single actually new user to show up.

The "new names" are old users with new names. Some are people who left years ago and came back because they were told about this place. I can't think of a single actually new user to show up.

There are some new people who were invited by asmbers, but that has fuck all to do with Packard's point