UnevenEdge

it is 85 fucking degrees in this house right now

Naraku4656

Why in the fuck are you running the self-clean cycle in the middle of summer.

You realize that shit gets up to like, 1000 degrees.

The fuck is wrong with you.

because i tried to cook yesterday and my oven starting smoking like crazy, meaning it needs to be cleaned.

i need to use my oven on the 4th to cook things, i don't have a grill, and tomorrow is going to be hotter than today. what were my options here? let the oven smoke consume the entire house?

because i tried to cook yesterday and my oven starting smoking like crazy, meaning it needs to be cleaned.

i need to use my oven on the 4th to cook things, i don't have a grill, and tomorrow is going to be hotter than today. what were my options here? let the oven smoke consume the entire house?

Leave the house while it's running or something.

I went back to my old apartment to clean and left the place with the oven running on self clean. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Shit can produce carbon monoxide hope u have a detector.

i have a detector about 5 feet away from the oven. i have all of my windows open on the kitchen level and the master bedroom level with the microwave fan running at full speed. so i think i'm ok. plus it's been running for about 3 hours now, so if i was going to pass out from monoxide inhalation i probably already would have

you have to buy me one now

i've got about another 50ish minutes until it goes into cool down mode. at that point i can turn back on the ac. i'll have to turn it on in spurts though because i don't know if my AC unit can take a straight shot from 88 to 72. will probably go from 88 to 82, wait an hour, and then from 82 to 76 and so forth

You don't have any popsicles, ice cream, or drinks you can throw in the freezer?

ya know now that I've read the thread...why the fuck would you not clean it yourself....it's not hard...degreaser and water with baking soda....spray that shit in there...let it sit for like 10 min, and wipe it away with a sponge...I don't believe in "self cleaning" ovens...

so then you have no reason to complain....you knew the repercussion...yet did it anyways....you're problem

not really. i've done the scrub method before and it takes a long ass time and a lot of scrubbing. self clean took me maybe 10 minutes after the oven was cooled off