UnevenEdge

Lupin the Third Part IV (The Italian Adventure) Episode 1 Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they better!

I doublechecked and they even used the Italian title cards instead of the classic Japanese white typewriter key strokes on black background title cards so they definitely used the Italian raws for dubbing this. It'll be a real shame if the home release excludes that awesome opening. Each week it got me perfectly pumped for more Lupin goodness. :(

Love how colorful this is.  Animation is good too.

I thought Fujiko sent that card!  It was Rebecca!  Now she's going to be a thief!

This is the explanation for your negative public image. :D

My name is Lupin too. :D

Why did you buy him a wedding gift if you knew it was a sham?

Heh I love Rebecca already.

Uh-oh, who is that guy?

I think it's inherited from her updated design by Koike (though tweaked here to be more regular Lupin) that debuted in the Fujiko Mine series

on that subject

it's obviously been a long time since I saw Lupin, because I did not notice how radically different Fujiko looks at first

Classic Fujiko

latest?cb=20131029025527

2015 Fujiko

shot0009.png

Damn, how big ARE her tits to hold that dagger between them without stabbing her!?

to quote the Inuyasha Parodies (a now defunct series of Abridged series type parodies of Inuyasha)

"WE USED OUR BREASTS AS AIR-BAGS!"

I think it's inherited from her updated design by Koike (though tweaked here to be more regular Lupin) that debuted in the Fujiko Mine series

Oh okay.  Never saw that one.

And just looking at the pictures Mochi posted... wow she does look a lot different!

According to the latest Toonami Faithful Podcast episode, Michelle Ruff said that this dub "was rushed" since I guess they were forced to have a tight deadline to complete it.  Then there wasn't any news about it for months, making Ruff wonder if they had the lost chance of extending the dub longer.  So if there are any weird-sounding performances in the beginning of the season, that's why.

According to the latest Toonami Faithful Podcast episode, Michelle Ruff said that this dub "was rushed" since I guess they were forced to have a tight deadline to complete it.  Then there wasn't any news about it for months, making Ruff wonder if they had the lost chance of extending the dub longer.  So if there are any weird-sounding performances in the beginning of the season, that's why.

I'm hoping it's Deadman Wonderland quality rushed and not Guin Saga rushed

I wasn't going to be that hard on Guin Saga... but then I looked it up and found it that it was from 2009.

That was the best you could do back in 2009 Sentai? Come on.

well sentai has never really been known for producing quality dubs so it comes as no surprise.