UnevenEdge

Saint Seiya gets live action Hollywood film, has Sean Bean in it for some reason

Jman

Latinos.

That's not a joke, the show was better known in Spanish: Los Callabreos Del Zodiaco.

....hah, :| learn something new every day

I recall Toonami briefly airing it dubbed right before sailor moon and the opening was replaced by the flock of seagulls song "I ran"

• 4 years later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Still vouching for The Night Flight Orchestra to do the theme.

We'll definitely get a version of the theme.  The only one who didn't were those idiots at DIC.  Who thought "I Ran" was a good idea?

I remain convinced Omega got a remix of Pegasus Fantasy solely because of the "I Ran" cover.

Edited by Jman

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-07-11/live-action-knights-of-the-zodiac-film-gets-first-look-at-comic-con-intl-in-san-diego/.187550

Apparently Sony will be showing the first look at the film at San Diego Comic Con.  Given that Sony is essentially fumbling in the dark for a big franchise (Remember, these are the same people who released Morbius and keep trying to make movies out of C and D list Spider Man villains), I wouldn't be surprised if they think this can be a franchise lynchpin.  Then again, they think Robotech can be their answer to Star Wars (which is why they threw money at Harmony Gold and Big West to make them both shut the fuck up), so I could easily see them thinking of Seiya as a big action movie tentpole.

• 2 weeks later...

https://variety.com/2022/film/asia/live-action-knights-of-the-zodiac-toei-animation-transformation-1235321919/

Toei interview about the project.  Interestingly Toei’s head acknowledged the Netflix adaptation…didn’t go so well but the creator of the manga took him out for a night and helped smooth things over.  

Funny enough that Netflix show is getting a second season on Crunchyroll, especially with Sony as an international distributor.  Hopefully they learned.

• 4 months later...