UnevenEdge

Disney embracing Homophobia (I'm semi kidding but see within)

mochi

ITT: mochi being crazy mochi about shit no one cares.

If that's true, a lot of people will care because that kind of shit makes no sense in 2017, especially when straight kissing gets a pass all the time in kids shows. I really wish people like you would stop trying to talk for everyone.

If that's true, a lot of people will care because that kind of shit makes no sense in 2017, especially when straight kissing gets a pass all the time in kids shows. I really wish people like you would stop trying to talk for everyone.

Disney has removed the episode from all their channels and from their online service, (online it's replaced by the show's first episode) it is still available on Hulu and Amazon but every platform specifically owned by Disney is trying to cover up the episode's existance

all of a sudden

a couple months ago Disney made headlines by showing several same sex couples Kissing in the Star Vs. the forces of evil  episode "just friends"

but Disney has now Banned the episode

Seems dubious at best that they removed it from xD but didn't from 3rd party players.  I know he said that would bring more scrutiny, but if there was actually some bigoted reason for removing it, they would have pulled it from all providers....It's still their content and removing it from Hulu would be no more of a dick move than removing it from their own site.  As he said, there are any number of reasons why it could have been pulled from their site (not banned since you can obviously see it elswhere) but it does not bode well that it just so happened to be THIS particular episode.

I find it slightly irresponsible on this Youtuber's part to create this level of drama without any facts to back it up other than heresay but I also understand the dog eat dog YT world in clamoring for views.  I was actually not susicious at all UNTIL he made a point to bring up how this video was not monetized.......It kinda felt like "Look guys, pay attention to the lack of ads on this video".  It would be equally upsetting if he was creating controversey to get traffic.

Disney has removed the episode from all their channels and from their online service, (online it's replaced by the show's first episode) it is still available on Hulu and Amazon but every platform specifically owned by Disney is trying to cover up the episode's existance

all of a sudden

I've seen in comments discussing this that a second episode is also missing. There are sometimes technical issues behind the scenes and without comment from Disney yet on why, there isn't enough info out to do more than wait and see.

I've seen in comments discussing this that a second episode is also missing. There are sometimes technical issues behind the scenes and without comment from Disney yet on why, there isn't enough info out to do more than wait and see.

the other missing ep is actually just the companion short to Just friends, so it's only one "episode" missing but two 11 minuet shorts which together make up one episode

if the other short resurfaces without Just Friends later then we'll know for sure that it's an actual ban and not just some kind of scheduling conflict

I don't give two fucks about it. Mostly because mochi is the definition of chicken little. Creating mass hysteria when there is none. As for my opinion on LGBT kissing vs straight kissing on TV, who the fuck cares. A kiss is a kiss, it doesn't make any difference. In the end, it's all about the bottom line for Disney. Doesn't make them homophobic or anything since they're just looking out to maximize their profits of a cartoon show that's barely advertised.

I clicked on Mochi's thread, so I could bitch about how much I don't care about homophobia. God! Stop caring about things that I don't care about!

There is a reason to be concerned, so people, not just Mochi, want answers. You using this to wank off your hate boner for him just makes you look ignorant.

There is a reason to be concerned, so people, not just Mochi, want answers. You using this to wank off your hate boner for him just makes you look ignorant.

Call me when real homophobia shows up. Other than that I'll guess I'll just be ignorant about homophobia. Also take this shit to rants and keep on sucking dicks folks.

Wow.  Lot of anger in here.

It does seem awfully convenient that the one episode that was exemplified for its same sex kisses would suddenly disappear.  I suppose if it reappears unedited, it was just a coincidence or a result of that particular episode receiving more internet traffic.  But, I don't blame you for thinking the worst with the track record that the media has had over the years.

Wow.  Lot of anger in here.

It does seem awfully convenient that the one episode that was exemplified for its same sex kisses would suddenly disappear.  I suppose if it reappears unedited, it was just a coincidence or a result of that particular episode receiving more internet traffic.  But, I don't blame you for thinking the worst with the track record that the media has had over the years.

yeah, it's possible this is just some sort of scheduling conflict

buuut based on many factors it's far more likely it could be a banning/censorship situation

Like Buddy said - if this were actual censorship, why not remove it from all licensed outlets?  As easy as it is to be pessimistic as it is about these things, just having the episode disappear from some outlets but not others would suggest the likelihood is more toward a technical glitch.

Like Buddy said - if this were actual censorship, why not remove it from all licensed outlets?  As easy as it is to be pessimistic as it is about these things, just having the episode disappear from some outlets but not others would suggest the likelihood is more toward a technical glitch.

I was gonna be a dick.... but it seems everyone is bring serious.