UnevenEdge

Toonami Pre-Flight Discussion Thread

OwlChemist81

I found it weird we don't yet have a Toonami Pre-Flight discussion thread, so I decided to start one.

The current iteration comes up on the Stream as soon as Gundam IBO #19 ends. It contains:

• A Show Review of Eureka 7
  • Jason & Gill's Favorite Scenes of "Love, Actually"
    (Yes, really. Have they reached the "Limit of Questions!?"
  • Fans' hilarious responses
  • Sneak Peeks: Intruder 3 Episode 3, a preview of Intruder 3 Episode 4, and the Intruder 3 comic promo
  • Dennis's hilarous review of "Love, Actually"
  • The AS Singles track of the week.

Another comic?  God, I'm still sore after they lied about what the last one was gonna be about.  I'm sure they'll say this one is gonna be about how TOM gets another new body, and it'll end up being about Moltar or something.

They need a comic to explain how TOM 3.5 went to TOM 5 and how he got the new body and ship, plus that version of SARA, etc.  There's a gap in the continuity and lore.

And yeah, the last comic was garbage.  Just not very good quality-wise, as if the person making it doesn't understand how to make sequential art that tells a story, and nobody gives a shit about TOM 4, either.

They need a comic to explain how TOM 3.5 went to TOM 5 and how he got the new body and ship, plus that version of SARA, etc.  There's a gap in the continuity and lore.

I've just come to the conclusion that we're never gonna get that comic.  That's what they said the trainwreck of the Intruder II comic would be about, anyway.

And they said they'd explain TOM 4, to...

Admittedly I don't think explaining all this stuff should be their top priority (I mean, they have a block to run, after all), but some continuity would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Pre-Flights have come and gone, and most recent is the one that mentions Super and Kai...

It ALSO mentions that on 1/7/17 there will be more premieres on Toonami in history, and that is in fact NOT the case, not even on Adult Swim!

1/7/17: DB Super; DBZ KFC; JoJo's Bizarre Adventure; Gundam Unicorn Re:0096; Hunter x Hunter; Naruto Shippuden; and One Piece - 7 premieres.

9/13 & 9/20/14: Attack on Titan; Bleach; Space Dandy; Naruto Shippuden; One Piece; Gurren Lagann; Beware The Batman; and Hellsing Ultimate - 8 premieres!

But 1/7/17 will probably be bigger than 9/13 & 9/20/14!

Did I mention that thanks to the 12/9/16 edition of Pre-Flight I'll probably be going around singing "Fuck Donald Trump" the rest of the week??

I thought I probably should...

Now I want to find out the context behind that... :P

In other news, it's about that time of the yearly media cycle, so get ready for another Q&A episode in advance of DB Super's premiere.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember, guys, we have Q&A tonight!

Will Jason & Gill answer YOUR burning question? We'll find out tonight!

And of course I'll be participating in the live discussion with my old Boards login like I usually do for Pre-Flight!

LIVE UPDATES

DRAGONBALL SUPER TOPICALS CONFIRMED!!

3 or more Convention appearances confirmed for 2017!

No movies? Let's hope they change their tune by 11/4/17...

Everything else was complete crap.

Oh wait, NOT OVER YET!

The sneak peeks were great, with an actual lineup promo featuring all 8 shows, a DBS Topical, and a Sand Whale & Me trailer!

• 1 month later...

Out of something resembling boredom, I did check this week's Pre-Flight to see if there was anything notable, and... well, there were discussions about the Cowboy Bebop movie and the best movies of the Universal Solider franchise, as well as another fucking animated music video a Toonami trailer for Sand Whale and Me. And as for the latter, I can't say that I ever knew what to expect out of it, but I probably wouldn't have anticipated... that. Trust me: You'll know when you see it.

• 1 month later...

Bumped due to sudden increase of interest...

I haven't lost interest but I had some life stuff going on the past months which caused to lost track with Pre-Flight and a few other things.  Hoping to get back to watching it soon.  Sucks because I hadn't missed a single episode up until then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So do y'all think this MomoCon panel will be simulcast tonight on Pre-Flight? It starts at 8:30 PM, apparently, which might mean 30 more minutes of JoJo on the streaming channel.

I have no idea. I have never watched Pre-flight before, but I am definitely going to be tonight!

Oh crud Ima have to watch Lupin LATER in the night??  Wonder how that came about.

Perhaps they shared our opinion of not wanting Hunter x Hunter moved down any later into the night

But didn't share our opinion of wanting Tokyo Ghoul moving to the 2am slot.

So they decided to stick a brand new Lupin series at 2am instead for some reason

Perhaps they shared our opinion of not wanting Hunter x Hunter moved down any later into the night

But didn't share our opinion of wanting Tokyo Ghoul moving to the 2am slot.

So they decided to stick a brand new Lupin series at 2am instead for some reason

Stupid.  Hunter should be in the graveyard slot.