UnevenEdge

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 6 Discussion!!

That's who was doing it?  Fuck them, I liked Elfie.

I know you probably already know this, but when the new board came back they would make a big stink every Saturday night about the Toonami folders. Always trolling and trying to bait people into arguments. I never understood it cuz the amount of threads were relatively small. Seemed like a bunch of clowns to me.

That's who was doing it?  Fuck them, I liked Elfie.

I know Elfie mentioned that whoever was the downvote troll came out and admitted to Elfie it was all for lols

That's another thing that really had upset Elfie, for good reason since at least at that stage of ASMB losing all your kudos limited your posting speed

Woohoo!  Another server crash.

JoJo's attitude and style of speaking are just too grating for me.  It's like he's a caricature, and not a real person.

That's the point.  This is intentionally cheesy, campy, and over-the-top.  It's meant to be theatrical and melodramatic.  This is about 1800s British people, after all!  But yeah, this show isn't meant to be taken super-seriously, in case you couldn't tell.  Basically, roll with it and have fun!

That's the point.  This is intentionally cheesy, campy, and over-the-top.  It's meant to be theatrical and melodramatic.  This is about 1800s British people, after all!  But yeah, this show isn't meant to be taken super-seriously, in case you couldn't tell.  Basically, roll with it and have fun!

I agree...it's not shy about being over the top. It's intentionally hyperbolic.

Struggling with that due to the server crashes.  That issue has got me so frustrated I can't enjoy the show.

At least with Gundum the site will even out.  At least that dump of a show is good for something.

I know you probably already know this, but when the new board came back they would make a big stink every Saturday night about the Toonami folders. Always trolling and trying to bait people into arguments. I never understood it cuz the amount of threads were relatively small. Seemed like a bunch of clowns to me.

Yeah.

I know Elfie mentioned that whoever was the downvote troll came out and admitted to Elfie it was all for lols

That's another thing that really had upset Elfie, for good reason since at least at that stage of ASMB losing all your kudos limited your posting speed

Yeah, it happened to me all the time.  I eventually had to upvote myself to 1K as insurance to keep them off me.  They may have have been lifeless miserable losers, but nobody is going to sit there and downvote 1K worth of rep!  Sad the boards are shut down now and those guys will never get punished for what they did.  Also one of them decided to stalk me across the internet when I got into it with them on the dev boards some weeks back.  Had to quit the dev boards and threatened to call the police on them over it.  Sawdimizer.  Ridiculousness.

But, it's all good.  That place is a sinking ship.  It's sure to be shut down eventually.  And now, this is the real community for the former ASMBers.  They can keep that shithole.  Not like that was the real ASMB, anyway.  Just the shitty NodeBB knock-off.  Gotta love how we had our old board archive for all of a few weeks, too!  *SIGH*

Struggling with that due to the server crashes.  That issue has got me so frustrated I can't enjoy the show.

At least with Gundum the site will even out.  At least that dump of a show is good for something.

It's okay.  You can catch it on the rewatch.  DVR, On-Deman, or AS Video Section.

Fans are so apathetic to Gundam that the site works fine while it is on.  ;D I like it, but I can see why people don't.  I personally enjoy the slice of life and downtime stuff.  And this is saying something, since this is only the second Gundam series I haven't hated.  The other one was G Gundam, which was silly, over-the-top, and cartoonish.  There was a Windmill Gundam!  Fun show. 

Most Gundams are extremely melodramatic, with whiny, annoying crybaby characters, guilt-tripping the viewer for humanity being horrible to each other, obnoxious anti-war preaching, cliche plotlines like enemy soldiers falling in love etc etc.

Really shouldn't discuss Gundam in a JoJo thread.

Also, you should watch GGundam ('member classic Toonami? I 'member!)

Back on-topic - How about that giant leaf, eh?

It bled into this thread somehow.  We were still in this thread but Gundam was on.

I already watched G Gundam.  Great show.  Meilag should.  Not all Gundams are created equal!

I missed that.  Gotta' rewatch tonight big time.  Haven't been on my proper groove with Toonami the past few weeks, due some stuff going on at home.  Will get back to my normal routine soon enough, though.

This was another episode that omitted a page from the manga, but it's just the history of the the training area for knights (The 77 Rings), that Tarkus and Bruford were able to to overcome.  It also mentions that Bruford's hair control isn't a vampire/zombie ability, he had it when he was alive.  It was just a training thing where they climb a mountain and then fight numerous opponents, and taking a ring from their body and putting it on your own, til you have many of them weighing you down, until you defeat 77 warriors and have earned 77 Rings.  T&B beat it in 1563.  Unimportant to the plot, but JoJo is filled with little flavor bits and backstory like that.