UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam IBO Episode 23 Discussion

StarPanda

I saw that.  I might have to go there to catch that comic.

It just redirects to the Toonami section of Adult Swim dot com, as far as I know.  Still lots of goodies, there, though.  Wallpapers, videos of Pre-Flight, Intruder, game reviews, Toonami AMVs, the shows, live marathon stream that plays every week, etc.  Good site.  You didn't know about it, really?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 2 isn't airing in Japan yet?  Uhh, no falling out.  One Piece is being dubbed and cranked out just like always.  Funimation is even doing a theatrical American release for the new One Piece movie.  One Piece is possibly an even bigger franchise and property for Toei than Dragonball.  So, that can't the explanation.  Could be Toei is just acting strange and being difficult to work with for some reason.  Guess they hate money!  Or they have so much from One Piece and their Japanese sales of their shows that they don't care.  Still stupid of them, though.  All I can figure is it's another Sunrise-type issue where they were being ridiculous when it came to licensing out Gundam.  Toei had Sailor Moon on lockdown for years, too.  Toei is dumb.  Also cheap.  One Piece doesn't look very nice most of the time, sadly.  A real shame given how much effort Oda puts into the original manga.

I don't know.  There's been some real tight lips on both sides of the Pacific concerning DBZ.  I hope they're just slow on the uptake instead of burning bridges since I WANT MY BUU SAGA AND SUPER GOD DAMN IT!!!

tumblr_n2fuh2jIJI1t6ns60o4_500.gif

I don't know.  There's been some real tight lips on both sides of the Pacific concerning DBZ.  I hope they're just slow on the uptake instead of burning bridges since I WANT MY BUU SAGA AND SUPER GOD DAMN IT!!!

funimation confirmed that they're dubbing Super

buu saga on the other hand still no word

I'm right with you, pal.  Let's hope Toonami was able to work another miracle!

Don't know!  Just found this pic!  Time for an update!  And she's not pissed off, I don't think.  Determined?  But yeah, gonna switch it to this ASAP!

Avatar  updated.  Looks kinda' crappy 'cause I did it in Paint.  IrfanView is retarded and doesn't properly crop, leaving a black area when you remove something, and GIMP doesn't save in normal file-types that can be uploaded to the site.  Aaaarrrggghhh.

Avatar  updated.  Looks kinda' crappy 'cause I did it in Paint.  IrfanView is retarded and doesn't properly crop, leaving a black area when you remove something, and GIMP doesn't save in normal file-types that can be uploaded to the site.  Aaaarrrggghhh.

Nevermind.  Figured out how to crop the borders off in IrfanView.  But it's not on my end.  The site compresses avatars and makes them look shittier.  Ah well.  Still looks okay enough I suppose!

funimation confirmed that they're dubbing Super

buu saga on the other hand still no word

The stupid part was that Funimation did the dub for Kai: The Final Chapters!  The VAs came out and confirmed it a long time ago.  So a dub with the Funimation VAs exists.  It was simply never released in America!  What the flying fuck!?

The stupid part was that Funimation did the dub for Kai: The Final Chapters!  The VAs came out and confirmed it a long time ago.  So a dub with the Funimation VAs exists.  It was simply never released in America!  What the flying fuck!?

I know there must be reasons that have been extremely unexpected on Funimation's part because you don't dub a property that wouldn't have a good chance of getting a wide release everywhere

That's Toei for you.  Anyway, here's hoping Toonami was able to pull something out with their multiple visits to Japan this year.  We knew getting Gundam and co-producing and co-funding the new FLCL seasons, and making the Oshii miniseries were part of it, but hopefully Kai Buu Saga and Super were also part of it.  Though I have a feeling Super is going to a kids channel.

That's Toei for you.  Anyway, here's hoping Toonami was able to pull something out with their multiple visits to Japan this year.  We knew getting Gundam and co-producing and co-funding the new FLCL seasons, and making the Oshii miniseries were part of it, but hopefully Kai Buu Saga and Super were also part of it.  Though I have a feeling Super is going to a kids channel.

i think super is too big to just let  it rot on at 11:00 PM On Saturday Nights

i think super is too big to just let  it rot on at 11:00 PM On Saturday Nights

Hency why I said it's probably coming to a kids network.  It's getting dubbed by Funi and there's a toyline coming, so...

We know it won't be on CN.  They didn't even want to keep Pokemon!

Haha, I can see that. It's kinda like a faster paced fairy tail without any filler. 24 episode First season vs almost 300 fairy tail eps.

No one really dies and the heroes are overpowered, so yeah it has some similar qualities.

But those Fairy Tail episodes are paced well and there doesn't seem to be a lot of filler.  At least not yet.  Maybe it gets more later.  In this case it's definitely not a case of less is more, for me.  Been enjoying Fairy Tail immensely for the whole ride. 

Need to get back to it, though.  But, I was hesitant to watch further, since I didn't get to comment on two or three really good arcs, on account of my being extremely sick when I watched them.  I'm at that filler arc before Edolas right now.  Should I go back and read the arc summaries and make my comments or just keep watching?  Maybe I am a little bit too obsessed with getting my thoughts down on paper, or digital cyberspace, as it were, but that's just me...

However, maybe I will reconsider and give Seven Deadly Sins a shot, after all.  But not right now.  Got a major backlog of stuff I'm usually always up with, among other things.  Been having some personal issues the past few weeks, but I think they are on their way to being sorted.  And yeah Fairy Tail takes priority over Seven Deadly Sins.  Need to finish the Kenshin OVAs and then read the manga for that, too.  So much to watch and read and play, so little time!

Jman said it was basically Fairy Tail, but good, which pissed me off and did not endear to me the series at all...

So saying a show is good pissed you off?

How defensive are you of Fairy Tail?  That's like people saying Accel World handles its stuff better than SAO and hating Accel for insulting SAO.

Why does the MSG IBO discussion always turn to something other than MSG IBO?

Last week, it was politics, which I sorta understand because IBO is a political show; this week it's how this show tries to be 7 Deadly Sins and fails, and somehow that morphed into how 7 Deadly Sins tries to be Fairy Tail and fails?

Yeah, calling Seven Deadly Sins a 'good' Fairy Tail works well enough for me.

(GASP, I agree with something Jman said? NaaaaaaaaNiiiiiiiiiii!?!?)

In all seriousness though, they both share the same fantasy aspect and powers derived from 'magic'. Although they're different enough, as well.

Not that FT is terrible, but it's pretty mediocre to me, especially later on.

Seven Deadly Sins is a very solid show (although I heard the anime adaptation skips out on many things from the manga, which won't really matter i guess if you only watch the anime, but I still don't agree with that practice).

I'm inclined to agree with him about it being more interesting than Naruto and HxH right now, never really cared for Naruto and HxH's pretty "eh" for the start of this arc. One Piece is going to be quite excellent for the next month at least so I disagree there.

You will now be trolled by Jman because you stated One Piece will be excellent in the next month.

Run.

It's more interesting than HxH, Naruto and OP.  Especially OP.

I'll give you Naruto and OP as I've probably never made it through an entire episode of either. But HxH is actually watchable.

I forced myself to watch most of the IBO eps but the last few I just haven't even bothered with, it's unwatchable and isn't even trying.