UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam IBO Episode 23 Discussion

StarPanda

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we're in the snow for this season's conclusion in November/December.

How appropriate!

Toonami's got some work to do.  We'll lose DBZ Kai and Gundum all before the end of the year.  They need two new shows and one of the good enough to be the pillar for Toonami that Kai is.

the seven deadly gundams is almost over...**sigh**

please replace this with something more actiony(''-_-'')

Guess I am one of the few who appreciates the slice of life and downtime, just living, character moments, etc.  This show, I like it.  But I can see why it wouldn't be others' cup of tea.  Let's just hope Demarco doesn't get his permanent Gundam slot.  I want something different after this ends.

Personally I would've preferred Gundam Build Fighters... but you kinda have to play a "normal" Gundam show before you play one like that.  Anyway, let's hope a non-Gundam replaces this and we don't go right into season 2, because I'm fine with a break, even though I like the show, honestly.

Guess I am one of the few who appreciates the slice of life and downtime, just living, character moments, etc.  This show, I like it.  But I can see why it wouldn't be others' cup of tea.  Let's just hope Demarco doesn't get his permanent Gundam slot.  I want something different after this ends.

Personally I would've preferred Gundam Build Fighters... but you kinda have to play a "normal" Gundam show before you play one like that.  Anyway, let's hope a non-Gundam replaces this and we don't go right into season 2, because I'm fine with a break, even though I like the show, honestly.

Slice of life has a difficult relation with me.  If it's done well, I can appreciate it.  But it's often not too well, and done so often that it's flooded the anime industry with them.

Toonami's got some work to do.  We'll lose DBZ Kai and Gundum all before the end of the year.  They need two new shows and one of the good enough to be the pillar for Toonami that Kai is.

Could be Demarco has Buu Saga secretly coming under major lockdown.  They've kept bigger secrets under wraps...

As for what replaces this... if it doesn't go right into Season 2, I'd prefer something non-Gundam.  Mob Psycho 100?  Drifters?  Please God veto Tokyo Ghoul... don't need more edgelord shit like Akame Ga Kill.  That crap show was such a waste of time.

Slice of life has a difficult relation with me.  If it's done well, I can appreciate it.  But it's often not too well, and done so often that it's flooded the anime industry with them.

I love some slice of life shows by themselves (like Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh), but most of them make me have to vomit (like Lucky Star)

Doesn't help that a lot of shows use it to pad things out because they're too lazy or cheap to animate more dynamic things.  You are right that it has to be done right.  Another issue is characters, and the characters in this show can't really carry it.  Stuff has to be happening, due to the characters in the show being somewhat weak, you can't just have pure, full-on character stuff.

Could be Demarco has Buu Saga secretly coming under major lockdown.  They've kept bigger secrets under wraps...

As for what replaces this... if it doesn't go right into Season 2, I'd prefer something non-Gundam.  Mob Psycho 100?  Drifters?  Please God veto Tokyo Ghoul... don't need more edgelord shit like Akame Ga Kill.  That crap show was such a waste of time.

That would be one Hell of a secret since "The Final Chapters" came out everywhere else in world about two years ago.  It had a TV release, and DVD/bluray release.  All with an English Dub.  I don't believe Funimation and Toei would sink two years of profits just to air first on Toonami.  Especially since Super has now come to America, but in a subbed-only format.  The evidence points to Funimation and Toei having some sort of fallout.  If true, it's a blow to Funimation since in the past, they have come out and said that DBZ is so popular that it's sales supports other anime that Funimation works on.

And it won't go right into season 2 of Gundum since a season 2 was only just announced a couple of months ago.  And I said, announced.  Not playing.  They still have to make the thing.

Doesn't help that a lot of shows use it to pad things out because they're too lazy or cheap to animate more dynamic things.  You are right that it has to be done right.  Another issue is characters, and the characters in this show can't really carry it.  Stuff has to be happening, due to the characters in the show being somewhat weak, you can't just have pure, full-on character stuff.

It's not that the slice of life aspects going on in Iron Blooded Orphans are particularly awful or the worst slice of life I have seen (Not even close, and I am enjoying the show still to this point) but it's pacing and balance of Slice of Life and Action could have been done a little bit better. 

That would be one Hell of a secret since "The Final Chapters" came out everywhere else in world about two years ago.  It had a TV release, and DVD/bluray release.  All with an English Dub.  I don't believe Funimation and Toei would sink two years of profits just to air first on Toonami.  Especially since Super has now come to America, but in a subbed-only format.  The evidence points to Funimation and Toei having some sort of fallout.  If true, it's a blow to Funimation since in the past, they have come out and said that DBZ is so popular that it's sales supports other anime that Funimation works on.

And it won't go right into season 2 of Gundum since a season 2 was only just announced a couple of months ago.  And I said, announced.  Not playing.  They still have to make the thing.

Season 2 isn't airing in Japan yet?  Uhh, no falling out.  One Piece is being dubbed and cranked out just like always.  Funimation is even doing a theatrical American release for the new One Piece movie.  One Piece is possibly an even bigger franchise and property for Toei than Dragonball.  So, that can't the explanation.  Could be Toei is just acting strange and being difficult to work with for some reason.  Guess they hate money!  Or they have so much from One Piece and their Japanese sales of their shows that they don't care.  Still stupid of them, though.  All I can figure is it's another Sunrise-type issue where they were being ridiculous when it came to licensing out Gundam.  Toei had Sailor Moon on lockdown for years, too.  Toei is dumb.  Also cheap.  One Piece doesn't look very nice most of the time, sadly.  A real shame given how much effort Oda puts into the original manga.