UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Anime Discussion

BUU8800

So they aren't officially streaming it anywhere, but I just took a look at the raw for the recap episode and it was literally all recap, no new material. There was a preview for next week's premiere after though. Looks like it's gonna be called "That's the Idea Ochako!" or something to that effect, which is the title of the 22nd chapter of the manga. So we'll be starting right where we left off. Well technically we start from the last few pages of Chapter 21, but still! I can't wait! :D

It's 40 episodes in total which is a lot. The last code reads.

/images/episodes/c_episodes_anchor39_off.png

Since it starts at anchor00 that makes 40. 00 is being counted as the recap episode.

I'm wondering if they have some mini omake or ova episodes that they will be counting, as 40 episodes for a season is a lot.

Aaaand alright! We're finally back with more of my most highly anticipated series of the Spring anime season, if not the entire year! Firstly, pretty good new opening and ending, though I was fairly partial to the previous ones. Honestly too early to say which I liked more. As for the episode itself, it was a pretty solid reintroduction to the series I'd say. Covering from the tail end of Chapter 21 through 22 of the source manga with some extra scenes added. My totally not-biased favorite being a surprise early appearance from literally my favorite character in the series! :D

BkCWNgM.png

Totally loved his voice too, extremely badass! :D We got a nice little recap and breakdown from the UA staff of the recent villain invasion led by Shigaraki the man-child. :D Seems All Might's quick to note he likely had help. Then the heart of the episode: the UA Sports Festival! :D Well it was pretty much all buildup and explanation this week, but I did love how fired up the class was, especially Uraraka!

sQFPLUh.png

Her desire for wealth to give her parents a better life was rather touching imo. And that ending with Izuku and All Might was surprisingly powerful...okay, maybe not so surprisingly given their relationship, but still! Loved this shot:

TZe7DC0.png

I will be very interested in seeing how the pacing is handled going forward however as they definitely don't seem to be in a hurry if this episode's effectively 1 chapter covered is any indication but...yeah, good start. :)

I watched it.

:D It was mostly recap of the first season, but it's been a long time, and that recap was welcome.  Now I'm amped up for the next 24 episodes (yet this is confirmed for 25 episodes!!)!  I really gotta start memorizing characters' names.  I really love the invisible girl because she's so cuddly cute.  I also really love Luci Christian's character and her motivations for becoming a pro hero! 

Welcome aboard elfie! Yeah, I'm holding off on the dub so it shouldn't effect me either way. And yeah, there was alotta recap, though much of it was actually in the manga. Primarily the UA teacher's meeting about Shigaraki. Iirc Luci Christian plays best-girl Uraraka. Deku better marry her someday! :D

Welcome aboard elfie! Yeah, I'm holding off on the dub so it shouldn't effect me either way. And yeah, there was alotta recap, though much of it was actually in the manga. Primarily the UA teacher's meeting about Shigaraki. Iirc Luci Christian plays best-girl Uraraka. Deku better marry her someday! :D

I'm skipping AoT Season 2 for now. I'm tuning in to the simuldub of MHA because I know there's a small chance it will air on Toonami.

It's be a plus if Deku gets his hands on a tonna money so Uraraka's family can be happier. Though I assume she'll run into drama concerning that when the tournament comes.

Deku really seems like he will just go full justice boner and do a lot of pro-bono heroing.  The way hero's get money if I remember right is reminiscent to mystery men.  Some kinda shill as hard as Nascar, an upcoming arc deals with it and the negativity its spawned somewhat. Midnight and Mt Lady are shown usually caring a lot about public image and endorsement deals. Not to mention a lot of hero's picked their uniforms in order to be merchandised. Allmight says it was the reason behind some of his costume changes were to sell new lines of action figures. Then there will be an upcoming sentai group with a cat moft.

350?cb=20160728101904201?cb=20160403165701

istryf_gkinnear2.jpg

I'll be pretty surprised if

the Pussycats

appear this season actually. Until proven otherwise I'm expecting 2 chapters or less each episode and at that pace they definitely won't.

Are they spoilers? Cause if so, you need to put them in spoiler tags.

And on that note we have the next episode! Adapting chapters 23 and 24 of the source manga. Make your name known during the Sports Festival Midoriya! Well...easier said than done.

:D Lotta competition from the other classes like Hero Studies 1-B and General Studies. And then there's Todoroki! Calling out Deku after noticing the attention All Might has given him.

NTIlNlA.png

I liked the extended training montage we got.

WNepog3.png

sco5UH5.png

Boy, the class looked pretty badass walking onto the field together. Loved Mama Midoriya tearfully watching her boy. :D

sOXkJrU.png

Nice to see Midnight again. Aizawa-sensei and Present Mic doing play by play's pretty fun too. :D And our first event is...the obstacle course race! And it hasn't taken Todoroki very long to start showing off...good luck Izuku! :D

D5cvsNt.png

I always forget how the anime goes easy on Shouto's scar. The manga has more detail in it making it look more disfigured. The anime plays it off as an unfortunate birthmark. It kinda reminds me of the Zuko treatment from avatar where it got less detailed as the series went on to make the character more attractive.  I guess it says something for Japanese politeness that no one ever asks about it, he just pulls a joker with people and tells them the story about how he got his scar.

Another exciting episode this week. Covering chapters 25 and 26 to finish off volume 3 of the source manga. It's the obstacle course race in earnest! And I loved getting to see everyone show off their quirks to their advantage. Even if one was kinda...similar to another. :D Interesting little inclusion from the support course too. Honestly though it might be the perv inside of me speaking out but I think Momo's rather revealing ability may have most captivated me...

AEpv0AW.png

...and apparently Mineta agrees.

:D

46TAvBa.png

Which reminds me, Midnight was lookin' mighty fine yet again:

IBqKbM8.png

Not to say the others failed to impress however, particularly Izuku! Crazy kid showed off his intelligence AND guts using material available to him and pulling that stunt in the minefield. Make his name known? Oh yeah, I think he's gotcha covered there All Might. :D First Place!

uVeZFCC.png

Again I love All Might and Mama Midoriya's reactions. After that how could I NOT tend to view All Might as something of a father figure to Young Midoriya? :D Yes, rejoice Izuku, for you've done well...but you'd better make it quick. Seems like your first place may come with...unexpected consequences for the next event in the festival, the cavalry battle! Hang in there Young Midoriya! :D

sKjojDY.png

I wonder if black underwear is still viewed as bold in this day and age . I remember back in 2006ish anime anytime a girl would think about wearing black it was a risque move. I hope they never have a time where she overuses her power and her breasts shrink. I still think that midnight has a flesh tone suit in the manga, the anime always throws me back on that one.

Another exciting episode this week. Covering chapters 25 and 26 to finish off volume 3 of the source manga. It's the obstacle course race in earnest! And I loved getting to see everyone show off their quirks to their advantage. Even if one was kinda...similar to another. :D Interesting little inclusion from the support course too. Honestly though it might be the perv inside of me speaking out but I think Momo's rather revealing ability may have most captivated me...

AEpv0AW.png

...and apparently Mineta agrees.

46TAvBa.png

Which reminds me, Midnight was lookin' mighty fine yet again:

IBqKbM8.png

Not to say the others failed to impress however, particularly Izuku! Crazy kid showed off his intelligence AND guts using material available to him and pulling that stunt in the minefield. Make his name known? Oh yeah, I think he's gotcha covered there All Might. :D First Place!

uVeZFCC.png

Again I love All Might and Mama Midoriya's reactions. After that how could I NOT tend to view All Might as something of a father figure to Young Midoriya? :D Yes, rejoice Izuku, for you've done well...but you'd better make it quick. Seems like your first place may come with...unexpected consequences for the next event in the festival, the cavalry battle! Hang in there Young Midoriya! :D

sKjojDY.png

I love how Mama Midoriya didn't just disappear after the beginning because it's great to watch her cheer on her son. And leave it to a true sadist like Midnight to turn a cavalry battle into a friggin bounty.

Alright then all here we go! Episode 17 this week, with chapters 27 and 28 starting off volume 4 of the manga, it's time for the Cavalry Battle! But with the massive target on his head(literally) no one wants to join forces with Midoriya! Well, almost no one as best-girl(and god willing Deku's future wife) Uraraka joins the cause! Oh yeah, let those joyful tears flow Deku!

DUbU899.png

And as it turns out she's not the only gal to step up to the task. Only recently introduced Mei Hatsume of the support course has as well! And is that a bit of jealousy I see from Uraraka regarding her? I certainly hope so! :D

oeUQ39B.png

I suppose I can understand Iida's reasoning for siding with Todoroki, who apparently has daddy issues, but it's still unfortunate. Oh well, my boy Tokoyami and his badass shadow power makes for a fine replacement! :D And with that, Team Midoriya has assembled!

qgplW5v.png

But how has everyone else paired off? Well there's definitely some interesting strategies going on there. I probably like the idea behind the Mineta/Tsuyu/Shouji Team the best actually. Effectively a shield and spear kinda idea with Tsuyu's tongue the primary offense, clever. A shame it doesn't seem to be working out too well for them so far. Actually...considering how horror film-level creepy Mineta came across revealing himself to Izuku perhaps that's for the best. :D

6vARhEi.png

Looking around the landscape a bit more Class B may be dicks, but considering they're currently trolling king of all dicks Bakugo they're okay by me. :D Anyway it looks like Team Midoriya and Team Todoroki are on a collision course! How will it all turn out?

Reading my whole post THAT'S what you took from it? :D :D :D :D :D

Oh well. To answer your question I would say most people do, including myself for 99% of shows with multiple seasons. Only the ones I really, really love the very most do I count as one giant magnificent whole. For instance when I watch Attack on Titan(which I'm only doing out of obligation btw) on Toonami tonight I'll refer to it as Season 2, 1 in the anime watching thread. I know it makes no sense, but I don't care! :D BUU DO WHAT BUU DO! :D

So to resume this tangent I just watched Titan Season 2, 1 and it actually had a giant 26 during the episode title card. But the op specifically said season 2. :D Which got me thinking, it's really moreso just a case by case basis for numbering episodes to series for me, regardless of how much I enjoy something. I think long runners are more common for me to view as one show. For example, Fairy Tail has 2 seasons of over 100 episodes each. No way would I say "Season 2, 100" for that, that sounds awful! Or take Gintama. That has really weird season ordering. The first 200 episodes aired back to back, but still get divided into 4 seasons! Screw that, as far as I'm concerned it's one 300+ episode show. On the opposite side though take Natsume's Book of Friends. It now has 6 13 episode seasons! But I feel like those should remain divided. So really, there's no consistency to it. And in my mind I just prefer to view Academia as one giant series. The Japanese website numbers it that way too for whatever that's worth. :D

I saw it, but man my life is so busy right now to even form an in-depth analysis of my reactions from each ep. I do watch it every Saturday, but then I gotta go out to do work, errands,and other weekend stuff, and then my focus is on Samurai Jack, Onepiecesailson, and then Toonami, before I go to bed!  My memory of my feelings is hazy by then.