UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Anime Discussion

BUU8800

hero-academia-kv-2-big-723x1024.jpgCl32z5_VAAA1yOw.jpg
1-1-.jpgmha-new-kv.jpg
DIJKkE6UAAEz3OC.jpg:large

mha-3-visual.jpg

Synopsis: Mankind has evolved with the sudden appearance of quirks: unique traits or abilities commonly considered superpowers. While initially rare, now 4 out of every 5 people are born with their own quirk. For most people, their quirk is simply a basic part of their everyday lives. Some, however use their quirks to commit crimes. To combat these villains, others began using their quirks for the common good, becoming professional heroes. Young Izuku Midoriya dreams of becoming a hero on par with All Might, the world's top hero. However, his hopes are dashed after learning at a young age that he is one of the increasingly few born quirkless, without a superpower. Unwilling to let go of his dream, young Izuku experiences a fateful encounter with his idol, leading him to enroll at UA Academy, the most prestigious hero-training high school in all Japan. But will he be able to accomplish his dream? And who will help him on his way?

So Season 2 is expected next year. In the meantime here's the preview for the OVA out at the end of the month/early December:

Edited by BUU8800

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it would be good if they could cover up at least to the training camp arc. It looks like that arc may be an OVA. Either way if season 2 covers the festival arc and the hero killer arc I'll be happy with it. If they hold off on the camp arc for a season 3, then they could easily fill a full season with that and the raid arc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a friend ended up making me watch the first 3 episodes and told me while not explicitly confirmed, this show seems to have a Gay character, and unlike OPM, they aren't a negative stereotype

the character in question is apparently extremely nice, super manly(but is drawn normally) and "loves manly things" and is sweet and supportive to the main character's rival to the point of almost coming across as a possible love interest for him

needless to say I wish Toonami would pick up this show

As in outright out of the closet I haven't seen anyone in the series have a fullblown same sex relationship. The closest your friend is probably talking about are one of these two, one is flamboyant (but seems to act this way towards men and women), and the other is into manly things, so he is often hanging on the other guys or getting too pumped up over something manly which makes them uncomfortable.

(height is not to scale)

latest?cb=20160208131231latest?cb=20161230185522

As in outright out of the closet I haven't seen anyone in the series have a fullblown same sex relationship. The closest your friend is probably talking about are one of these two, one is flamboyant (but seems to act this way towards men and women), and the other is into manly things, so he is often hanging on the other guys or getting too pumped up over something manly which makes them uncomfortable.

(height is not to scale)

latest?cb=20160208131231latest?cb=20161230185522

he was talking about the red one

and like I said nobody is "officially" gay, but that guy's personality softly implies it, or so I've been told

Here we go, another promo:

So I guess technically the recap episode next week marks the beginning of Season 2! MAL still lists the series as beginning April 1 though, so not sure how that's gonna go. But yeah, either way we're really close now! :D

This is one of those gems from recent years that actually left me wanting more.... like way more. I'm excited to see the second season. Everything is well done in this anime, it's not just one or two things like in most shows that are pushed out today. It has a clear vision for a fantasy world, interesting and well developed characters, the main character is actually likeable whilst still dealing with emotional issues.

It just tickles me.

mochi[/member] I'm not sure what character they are referring to. While there are plenty of supportive male friends in this show to Izuku, I can't think of any that stand out as obviously gay while fitting the aformentioned characteristics.

Perhaps he/she was referring to Eijirou? I don't see him as being gay, just a pretty honorable dude, I would definitely say he would probably be very supportive of gay males though as he admires manly men (as long as they are honorable).

If anything the gay character in the show would be Yuuga, who will probably irritate you even though he's not that bad of a guy. He reeks of stereotypical flamboyance, I mean he shoots a laser out of his belly button and wears a costume that Elton John would be jealous of.

This is one of those gems from recent years that actually left me wanting more.... like way more. I'm excited to see the second season. Everything is well done in this anime, it's not just one or two things like in most shows that are pushed out today. It has a clear vision for a fantasy world, interesting and well developed characters, the main character is actually likeable whilst still dealing with emotional issues.

It just tickles me.

Are you anime only? You're in for quite the treat if so. Well...either way really! :D :D :D :D :D

I read some manga, I'd say I'm a 80/20 anime/manga consumer. I have no idea what the manga in this series is like.

I was referring specifically to this manga as I'm current with Japan/own all the volumes currently available in the US. But that's cool, you'll definitely enjoy the ride to come...I think. :D :D :D :D :D

I think the fact that they are showing a recap episode on a 12 episode season that isn't even a year old is joke enough.

Recap

DEKU DIDN'T HAVE POWERS!

And then what?

HE GOT POWERS!

Then what happened?

WENT TO HERO SCHOOL!

And?

HE GOT IN AND MADE FRIENDS!

Anything else?

BAD GUYS ATTACKED BUT ALL MIGHT BEAT EM!

Ollie-Williams-Family-Guy.jpg

24 episodes, paced properly, should at least get us passed Stain. The real issue is...

Ending with the Pussycats leaves Bakugo captured by the villains, effectively a cliffhanger ending. But going passed that means they'd literally have to do All Might vs AFO, easily the highpoint of the series to this point. I'm just not sure if they could cover roughly 75 chapters worth of material in 24 episodes without it feeling rushed. Considering the slow pacing season one had I don't see it, but who knows?