UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Deca-Dence 1-5 during the week and today 5-12

What a fun little scifi show with a heartwarming action heroine. Gave me another fav character. Her interactions with her mentor figure were really entertaining as well and the main highlight. Perhaps a little smaller in scope than I would have guessed given the setup but at just 12 eps that made for a tight little show, a nice exciting get in and get out show that feels good to watch.

Edited by DangerMouse

Ef - Tale of Memories 1-10.  I feel like this moebag protag is the biggest man-whore I've seen in anime...at least finish one girl's route before starting another.  Dude confessed his love to two chicks in the same episode...At this point I'm hoping for a Nice Boat ending.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:37 PM, Martinman said:

Ef - Tale of Memories 1-10.  I feel like this moebag protag is the biggest man-whore I've seen in anime...at least finish one girl's route before starting another.  Dude confessed his love to two chicks in the same episode...At this point I'm hoping for a Nice Boat ending.

I'm an idiot and can't tell characters apart.  This is what I get for listening to it while doing other stuff instead of watching it.  Finished the second season which I liked a lot better.  I'd give the whole thing a solid 7/10.

Over the weekend the wife was out of town so I had a chance to watch K-On! The Movie and the Time of Eve movie.

I'll give K-On! a 7/10.  I liked the show and the movie hit a lot of feels for me.  Seeing the girls go to London for a 5 day trip was pretty lol-worthy...there is SO MUCH to do there.  I went a few years back and felt bad about only being there for a week including 8+ hour flights.  I imagine the flight from Japan must be like 20 hours unless they can shortcut over the arctic circle or something.

Time of Eve I would give a 9/10.  I loved the show, I love Asimov, and I thought there was a lot of good sci-fi here.  I'm glad I finally got around to watching this after backing the kickstarter.

Then just go by the numbers they list in the title cards. 😏

Platinum End 5

Spoiler

The Virgin Chiyo Nakayama

1046429333_SheDiedasSheLived-StuckintheWrongShow.thumb.png.5ee34b19517ed7da2dbab052a71eea7e.png

• Only became a God candidate because she was being bullied
  • Only gets involved in the plot because she doesn't want to be killed by Metropoliman
  • Gets killed by Metropoliman anyways because he's a spoiled brat
  • Bizarre and unrealistic kanji reading for her super-common last name

The Chad Reisuke Hojo

ShallowWatchfulAbyssiniancat-mobile.jpg

• Just as certifiably batshit insane as half of the other God candidates
  • Gives Yuuki and Yuno a fair bit of trouble as an opponent
  • Death scene is equal parts pitiable and deserving
  • Last name spelling is bizarre but not too bizarre

Edited by PokeNirvash

34 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Then just go by the numbers they list in the title cards. 😏

Platinum End 5

Reveal hidden contents

The Virgin Chiyo Nakayama

1046429333_SheDiedasSheLived-StuckintheWrongShow.thumb.png.5ee34b19517ed7da2dbab052a71eea7e.png

• Only became a God candidate because she was being bullied
  • Only gets involved in the plot because she doesn't want to be killed by Metropoliman
  • Gets killed by Metropoliman anyways because he's a spoiled brat
  • Bizarre and unrealistic kanji reading for her super-common last name

The Chad Reisuke Hojo

ShallowWatchfulAbyssiniancat-mobile.jpg

• Just as certifiably batshit insane as half of the other God candidates
  • Gives Yuuki and Yuno a fair bit of trouble as an opponent
  • Death scene is equal parts pitiable and deserving
  • Last name spelling is bizarre but not too bizarre

But MAL doesn't do it that way. <_<