UnevenEdge

Toonami spring schedule change predictions and speculation

15 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

So it seems, Ninja Kamui is 13 episodes. Demarco is trying to save face by acting like they are making these episodes weeks before they go live and just suddenly decided they needed one more, and not that he was completely misinformed about a project he is apparently an executive director for. 

I'm sorry to say this, but if his profile picture reflects how he really looks, then I guess he was just at the right place at the right time in 1997. I don't know how he can be this renowned otherwise with that kind of attitude.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

I'm sorry to say this, but if his profile picture reflects how he really looks, then I guess he was just at the right place at the right time in 1997. I don't know how he can be this renowned otherwise with that kind of attitude.

He is the one on the left I think 

IMG_2203.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

What an absolute embarrassment of a miscommunication. But hey, at least it isn't bad as ANN spoiling the climax of Kamui 9 on the front page of its own website.

You mean how the description reads "as solid as these emotional gut punches are, her death still feels pretty unnecessary"?

• Like 1

Bingo. If it were up to me, this would've been the excerpt:

On the bright side, we do finally get to see what Big D looks like without the tokusatsu armor or giant shades, but seeing how much better he looks without all that just kind of drives home how much the toku suits were probably a mistake.

I mean, you got Big D at the barber as your thumbnail, might as well commit to that the whole way, am I right?

Edited by PokeNirvash

14 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

What an absolute embarrassment of a miscommunication. But hey, at least it isn't bad as ANN spoiling the climax of Kamui 9 on the front page of its own website.

The description for the episode was just as bad. I went to look at the online schedule to see if anything on the schedule was changing with Lycoris leaving, just to be greeted by “COPING WITH EMMA’S DEATH, JOE…” Yea ok thanks. 

27 minutes ago, Greener223224 said:

I can agree with that.

LOL at how this was the only forum I saw that reported on the "Ninja Kamui is getting an extra episode" news.

It’s not really getting an extra episode, Demarco is just a clown who gave everyone the wrong information a few months ago. If your only source of info on the show was the details from the panel the staff did, then you were still of the correct notion that the show was 13 episodes since thats what they told everyone. 

• Like 1

Back to the purpose of this thread and getting the hell away from horse semen, it occurs to me that May the 4th will also be the end of the current Primal run, so maybe we'll see a special lineup May 11th?

Only problem there is you would have one "normal" week before Memorial Day Weekend (5/25), which I am now expecting to be an 11:30-6 AM Ninja Kamui marathon.

But if we're getting a special event May 11th, then they can just run TWO Ninja Kamui marathons back-to-back May 18th and 25th instead. Hey, these double One Pieces we've been blessed with 4/20, 4/27, and 5/4 have to come from SOMEwhere, and so far in 2024 we've only had pre-emptions 1/6 (AOTFCP2) and 3/16 (DBZKai marathon in memoriam of Akira-Sama). For as long as this continues on the "normal" lineup, I'd say we can expect more interruptions.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

But if we're getting a special event May 11th, then they can just run TWO Ninja Kamui marathons back-to-back May 18th and 25th instead. Hey, these double One Pieces we've been blessed with 4/20, 4/27, and 5/4 have to come from SOMEwhere, and so far in 2024 we've only had pre-emptions 1/6 (AOTFCP2) and 3/16 (DBZKai marathon in memoriam of Akira-Sama). For as long as this continues on the "normal" lineup, I'd say we can expect more interruptions.

I don’t think taking 3 straight weeks off the normal lineup (especially in this subpar state) is a very good idea. Memorial Day for sure, but the other two weeks should be relatively normal. I know all Naruto watchers want to actually reach the finish line this year. I don’t believe OP will run into any content issues unless we got like 2-3 months straight without something to kick it down to one again. And it looks like Superman is getting ready to start again, so between that and MHA I don’t think the Two Piece combo is staying for long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Double One Piece comes at a price. THIS is that price, apparently...

FB_IMG_1713551648214.jpg

FB_IMG_1713551654876.jpg

I am so angry at you for being 100% right. YOU manifested this into reality. No doubt there will be some stupid bullshit on Memorial Day too, so basically no Toonami for all of May. 

And now we pretty much know for sure that MHA S7 and Superman start in June.

Also a funny observation - Zom 100 now has a stupid delay just like its original run had. Guess Toonami didn’t want to be left out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Two NK marathons is beyond stupid. They really couldn’t just run part of the show or have Toonami extend to fit all 13 one night? This is one of the most egregious stall tactics they have ever done, right up there with the excessive FLCL marathons last year. Makes me wonder if they intend to do this sort of nonsense with every original going forward.

So what are your guesses for Memorial Day weekend? I’m thinking DBZ Kai or both Attack on Titan specials one last time. But they could do an MHA or Superman recap. Perhaps a ZOM 100 recap since it’s getting interrupted mid-run for probably 3 weeks. As Guy said, Toonami didn’t want to be left out of the ZOM 100 hiatus club.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Two NK marathons is beyond stupid. They really couldn’t just run part of the show or have Toonami extend to fit all 13 one night? This is one of the most egregious stall tactics they have ever done, right up there with the excessive FLCL marathons last year. Makes me wonder if they intend to do this sort of nonsense with every original going forward.

So what are your guesses for Memorial Day weekend? I’m thinking DBZ Kai or both Attack on Titan specials one last time. But they could do an MHA or Superman recap. Perhaps a ZOM 100 recap since it’s getting interrupted mid-run for probably 3 weeks. As Guy said, Toonami didn’t want to be left out of the ZOM 100 hiatus club.

Either a 3 hour DBZ marathon (of episodes they will loop back to the following week)

Or, Toonami gets an extension to 10 slots for the night so they can rerun MAWS in its entirety before S2 starts the following week. From a practicality standpoint, my money is here. As far as I know, MAWS has not had a rerun anywhere since ending. 

This would also be their smokescreen to chop off 3am the following week.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Either a 3 hour DBZ marathon (of episodes they will loop back to the following week)

Or, Toonami gets an extension to 10 slots for the night so they can rerun MAWS in its entirety before S2 starts the following week. From a practicality standpoint, my money is here. As far as I know, MAWS has not had a rerun anywhere since ending. 

This would also be their smokescreen to chop off 3am the following week.

Hey why not break Superman up into 2 weeks with DBZ KAI at the end? might as well while they are at it. Then they would quietly chop off 3am

It’s their own lack of planing if Ninja and Superman were this far apart. This the one area they CAN control since they are both originals. They could’ve done something there

Of course you can’t discount the possibility that CR is once again making MHA hard on them by withholding information on their dub premiere. Then they’ll fight them on whether they can have it, then finally, they’ll  make them wait until the Monday before the premiere to announce it 

Whats annoying is that despite the fanbase being disgusted with this, they’ll be a huge effort those nights to hashtag and trend it 

Edited by brianycpht
  • Like 1

Really, I'm more amused than anything that after finally catching up with the block - after finally watching the Titan finale! - they just dump two superfluous "better safe than sorry in case it gets written off later this year" marathons on us. But hey, that just means more time for me to watch all the out-of-seasonal anime I'm currently lagging with!

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

It’s been months since I even watched toonami I ditched cable long ago  and i decided I’m better off watching my anime on streaming services than to continue holding onto cable television when so many of the channels have turned to absolute crap 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

It’s been months since I even watched toonami I ditched cable long ago  and i decided I’m better off watching my anime on streaming services than to continue holding onto cable television when so many of the channels have turned to absolute crap 

Hard to blame you there Fryman.  Even Kamui’s biggest success seems to be on Max.  Competing with Curb Your Enthusiasm is no easy feat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Hard to blame you there Fryman.  Even Kamui’s biggest success seems to be on Max.  Competing with Curb Your Enthusiasm is no easy feat.

One night per week just  isn’t much when it comes to consuming anime and like I just stated  cable television is too damn expensive to justify holding for  toonami   

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

Are you kidding me? Two straight weeks of Ninja Kamui marathons? In the middle of May?

I should've known that the Spring season would end on a wet fart, but this is ridiculous.

Remember when people thought this year toonami fans would be eating real good 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

Remember when people thought this year toonami fans would be eating real good 

Maybe this is just a dry spell, and the hype clock resets in June. Then again, by that logic, September would look worse without Shippuden reruns holding up the rear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Honestly how many people are really using toonami as the primary way they watch anime? 

I'd sheepishly raise my hand, but at this point I watch more anime outside the block than inside, so it'd be more accurate to call Toonami secondary. Hell, I don't even get my fix from the televised block anymore! It's all [as] On Demand, accessible thanks to my apartment's cable/internet bundle.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'd sheepishly raise my hand, but at this point I watch more anime outside the block than inside, so it'd be more accurate to call Toonami secondary. Hell, I don't even get my fix from the televised block anymore! It's all [as] On Demand, accessible thanks to my apartment's cable/internet bundle.

I used to enjoy watching toonami but eventually realized the community aspect of watching shows the same time as everybody else wasn’t worth paying out the ass for cable television    The toonami discord will say “streaming it doesn’t give you the same kind of enjoyment” but I disagree 

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

Honestly how many people are really using toonami as the primary way they watch anime? 

I haven't watched any anime outside of Toonami in almost a month, but that's more out of laziness than anything.

18 hours ago, Sketch said:

So what are your guesses for Memorial Day weekend?

Ninja Kamui again, this time subbed. And likewise for the week after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Ninja Kamui again, this time subbed. And likewise for the week after.

I really doubt that. Not only would it be a dumb idea to do another two weeks of Ninja Kamui marathons, but a sub-only Toonami run would tank in the ratings. At least that April Fools prank from a few years back was a one-time thing with multiple shows.

• Like 1

At this point, the block's probably dying again..........

Memorial Day weekend should just be no Toonami that week as a compromise for the stupid shit they're pulling off in May. It's just one week. It ain't gonna die. Just say that Toonami's taking a week-long break and that they'll be back June 1st.

Or do a Superman marathon May 25th, ya'know, since AS hasn't aired that show fuckwere since it ended yet they keep spamming that Royal Crackers shit which no fucking body likes and would have been better on Comedy Central right along with the shitshow called modern day "South Park".........

Then June 1st......

11:00: My Adventures with Superman Season 2
11:30: My Hero Academia Season 7
12:00: Scavenger's Reign
12:30: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
01:00: One Piece
01:30: One Piece
02:00: Naruto Shippuden
02:30: IGPX Season 2
03:00: Dragon Ball Z Kai
03:30: Ninja Kamui Dubbed

If that's not a good lineup that'd do well, then evidently it's time for Adult Swim to pack their shit and go Max-only while CN proper takes over this bitch.

And then later this summer..........or early Fall

11:00: Harley Quinn Season 2 (after a marathon of Season 1)
12:00: Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War
12:30: Jujutsu Kaisen
01:00: Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken
02:00: Dragon Ball Z Kai
02:30: Dragon Ball Z Kai
03:00: Harley Quinn Season 1
03:30: My Adventures with Superman

2 minutes ago, Otakuninja9000 said:

Memorial Day weekend should just be no Toonami that week as a compromise for the stupid shit they're pulling off in May. It's just one week. It ain't gonna die. Just say that Toonami's taking a week-long break and that they'll be back June 1st.

Or do a Superman marathon May 25th, ya'know, since AS hasn't aired that show fuckwere since it ended yet they keep spamming that Royal Crackers shit which no fucking body likes and would have been better on Comedy Central right along with the shitshow called modern day "South Park".........

I understand that you're upset about this, but that doesn't mean you have to swear that much to show your disdain. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a Superman marathon, come to think of it.

2 minutes ago, Otakuninja9000 said:

Then June 1st......

11:00: My Adventures with Superman Season 2
12:00: Scavenger's Reign
12:30: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
01:00: One Piece
02:00: Naruto Shippuden
02:30: IGPX Season 2
03:00: Dragon Ball Z Kai
03:30: Ninja Kamui Dubbed

If that's not a good lineup that'd do well, then evidently it's time for Adult Swim to pack their shit and go Max-only while CN proper takes over this bitch.

And then later this summer..........or early Fall

11:00: Harley Quinn Season 2 (after a marathon of Season 1)
12:00: Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War
12:30: Jujutsu Kaisen
01:00: Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken
02:00: Dragon Ball Z Kai
02:30: Dragon Ball Z Kai
03:00: Harley Quinn Season 1
03:30: My Adventures with Superman

My guy, I WISH we would get schedules this expansive. But this is modern-day Warner Bros. we're talking about, a company that has been reduced to Z*****'s newest whipping mule.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Otakuninja9000 said:

For being a big fat doomer, you have a VERY optimistic view of the blocks future. The block is currently in (another) content crisis, so why would they do a significant expansion? To the 11 hour? Where R&M reruns absolutely mog Toonami ratings? Yea, not happening. Here’s what Toonami will actually look like after 3 weeks of stalling on June 1

12:00a - My Adventures with Superman S2 (rerun)

12:30a - My Hero Academia S7

1:00a - Zom 100 (more like Zom 1:00 am I right?)

1:30a - One Piece

2:00a - Naruto Shippuden

2:30a - DBZ Kai (rerun)

Thats gonna be the schedule till late July when Zom ends, at which point we may get a new show, or we may go back to ol reliable double One Piece.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

Here's my latest build which brings back IGPX (even that might be wishful thinking) and includes Scavengers after Superman.

The only additional show that isn't a continuation or an original here is Mashle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p21mNh_67YwBTi2blcBIMnC0tLZa4bo9svpwXFy_brk/edit?usp=sharing

I would agree with the shows on this prediction. The AOT finale on Memorial day, the 3:00 AM slot being kept until November, and the Rick and Morty anime airing on Toonami. Seems reasonable to me.

Now watch it be nothing like this.

1 hour ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

I would agree with the shows on this prediction. The AOT finale on Memorial day, the 3:00 AM slot being kept until November, and the Rick and Morty anime airing on Toonami. Seems reasonable to me.

Now watch it be nothing like this.

I hope it’s significantly more interesting 

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

Here's my latest build which brings back IGPX (even that might be wishful thinking) and includes Scavengers after Superman.

The only additional show that isn't a continuation or an original here is Mashle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p21mNh_67YwBTi2blcBIMnC0tLZa4bo9svpwXFy_brk/edit?usp=sharing

Good catch with Superman, another two part start would help them buy a bit more time for MHA. 

Can’t say I agree with AoT for Memorial Day. I think they (and the audience) has put AoT behind them. While Superman really could do with a refresher course before the new season starts. 

I think IGPX will come back this year, but a little differently. With the newfound decay in expectations, I have returned to my earlier suspicion that DBZ will be the show replacing Naruto as the eternal 2a show. When that happens, IGPX will tag in and grab 2:30. 

Rick anime will be tricky. If they lead with it like you theorize, Toonami ratings are going straight down across the board. If they care about anything they acquired, I doubt they will want that. So Rick has to go somewhere else. Either a 3am run or some other time on Saturday that isn’t officially Toonami but is far enough away to not do too much damage. 

2 hours ago, brianycpht said:

No chance for Lazurus this year?

They didn’t seem too confident on it making 2024. And I don’t believe any AS original that didn’t have CR involved met its originally stated deadline. Plus it’s to their benefit to take a little extra time purely to give 2025 at least one piece of content to aspire to. Until we hear otherwise, Lazarus is the last original on deck. 

5 minutes ago, Sketch said:

If Rickanime isn’t on Toonami, they’ll definitely put it right before. They’ll probably rationalize that Demon Slayer at 12:30 can make up for any damage.

It’s yet to be determined where else on the schedule it’ll be too. Lots of questions 

Is it going to be a Thursday premiere, Saturday rerun?

Or will it actually premiere on the block?  Will it have a decent amount of action?

Would leading with a subbed show of any kind be poison for the Toonami audience, but not at midnight any other night if the week?

It would be fun if they had sub/dub versions, but they won’t 

1 minute ago, brianycpht said:

Would leading with a subbed show of any kind be poison for the Toonami audience, but not at midnight any other night if the week?

Imma be real with you, chief. Premiering right before Toonami would be the best timeslot the R&M anime could possibly receive. Any other timeslot would rely entirely on its existing fanbase, but putting the show at 11:30 means it can be sandwiched between an episode of the original Sanchez antics and whatever Toonami wants to give star billing.

And if it doesn't do well in the ratings, it's not like there's anything else on at that time of night.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

Imma be real with you, chief. Premiering right before Toonami would be the best timeslot the R&M anime could possibly receive. Any other timeslot would rely entirely on its existing fanbase, but putting the show at 11:30 means it can be sandwiched between an episode of the original Sanchez antics and whatever Toonami wants to give star billing.

And if it doesn't do well in the ratings, it's not like there's anything else on at that time of night.

I agree with you, just don’t underestimate their tendency to overestimate an audience potential. Especially when it also means they don’t have to figure out a time slot for a few months 

1 minute ago, brianycpht said:

I agree with you, just don’t underestimate their tendency to overestimate an audience potential. Especially when it also means they don’t have to figure out a time slot for a few months 

No argument there. And even if they are overestimating their audience, keep in mind Rick and Morty have Toonami history due to their third season prank. Not to mention they made cameos in Space Jam 2 when barely anyone else from Cartoon Network did, if at all. Just my two cents.

1 minute ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

No argument there. And even if they are overestimating their audience, keep in mind Rick and Morty have Toonami history due to their third season prank. Not to mention they made cameos in Space Jam 2 when barely anyone else from Cartoon Network did, if at all. Just my two cents.

They’ve already had 2 TOM/SARA preview promos for it, which leads me to believe it’s definitely going to be on Toonami in some fashion.  

It’s still weird to me that they are doing this. The RM fan base can be a bit fanatical, but this will lack much of the flavor of what makes the show what it is. It seems like this will be tying into storylines of the main show which is probably designed to get those fans engaged. There is no proper season of it this year, so the anime will be all they get. 

I do think Saturday before the block is a best of both worlds scenario, but AS seems to have this aversion to putting anything they consider mainstream on other nights. But they have to realize this probably won’t be on the level as an actual season

3 hours ago, brianycpht said:

It’s yet to be determined where else on the schedule it’ll be too. Lots of questions 

Is it going to be a Thursday premiere, Saturday rerun?

Or will it actually premiere on the block?  Will it have a decent amount of action?

It would be fun if they had sub/dub versions, but they won’t 

With S8 not coming this year, I have to assume the anime will run where S8 normally would starting in mid October. I assume the network foolishly still believes R&M is still at its relevancy levels from S3 and any Rick thing they shovel out is gonna do amazing. And they will be in for a rude awakening. This doesn’t appeal to anime fans, and it doesn’t move the plot needle of R&M any either so that fanbase won’t care either. From what we have seen from the teaser, it looks pretty bad visually too, so I’m not really sure who they are shooting for audience wise here. 

Even if it’s a ratings killer I’d be fine if it aired before the block, because that means we still have another slot to play with. Ideally, after the block would be the least harmful place but I doubt we will be so lucky. As for the promo, I wouldn’t say that’s a guarantee for a Toonami run because they have been shoehorning that in all over AS on major premiers. 

• Confused 1