UnevenEdge

DST schedule revealed: AoT Final P1 rerun, IGPX remastered(!); plus Dr. Stone returns on November 11

Blatch

The fact that they're airing the special twice is a row is pretty funny. Further proof that, yup, they got nothin'. But I also wasn't expecting IGPX to return, presumably using Discotek's new version, which is really cool. This is the best use of the DST hour for Toonami since Children Who Chase Lost Voices aired in 2016.

No schedule for 11/11 yet; I suppose we'll use this thread for when it's ready, but it's nice to get confirmation now.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

You know, if Discotek stuff was an option, there’s a ton to dig through.

Discotek never had the TV rights nor presumedly the streaming rights to IGPX. Toonami got them from IG in 2013 and I’m pretty sure they have kept the TV rights since then but haven’t utilized them since 2015 when the block lost 3:30-6AM.

Discotek rarely obtains TV rights but can help mediate negotiations for them as with Lupin Part 4 and 5 working with TMS.

Dr. Stone is back the following week thankfully but reairing the Titan special twice on the same night is begging people to tune out. I’d rather have 5 episodes of IGPX or a marathon of Dr. Stone.

• Thanks 1

It’s times like this I wish we still got full ratings, airing the same thing back to back is just a slap in the face. Toonami doesn’t actually run during DST, they could have just aired 3 episodes of IGPX then, even making it 5 wouldn’t have made a huge dent in its future role as likely our 2:30 rerun. 

What’s most interesting here is they low key announced Dr Stone AGAIN rather than putting any hype to it. Last time it was slipped on a schedule bundle without a word, this time it’s an extra sentence tacked onto a shitty schedule. No timeslot and no schedule graphic, does that mean they have something else? I suppose Scavengers could still fit if they run an episode ahead of a couple marathons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Discotek never had the TV rights nor presumedly the streaming rights to IGPX. Toonami got them from IG in 2013 and I’m pretty sure they have kept the TV rights since then but haven’t utilized them since 2015 when the block lost 3:30-6AM.

Discotek rarely obtains TV rights but can help mediate negotiations for them as with Lupin Part 4 and 5 working with TMS.

Dr. Stone is back the following week thankfully but reairing the Titan special twice on the same night is begging people to tune out. I’d rather have 5 episodes of IGPX or a marathon of Dr. Stone.

I knew that…and yet I still lament that DeMarco couldn’t spend the holidays airing Gunbuster.

• Thanks 1

The fast turnaround on new Dr. Stone is great news. The Titan rerun is whatevs; it doesn't surprise me at all that they'd repeat it if they could, but twice in a row is kind of silly. It's interesting that they've retained the IGPX broadcast rights all this time, and even more so that they're able to use Discotek's upcoming remaster. I remember not thinking much of it when it aired years back (if anything I thought the pilot microseries was a much more interesting premise), but if I'm bored enough I'll sit through it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jman said:

I knew that…and yet I still lament that DeMarco couldn’t spend the holidays airing Gunbuster.

Discotek seems to at least have the streaming rights to Gunbuster which of course they sold to Crunchyroll. If they have the TV rights then playing the new dub on Toonami would be fantastic. I know DeMarco likes Giant Robo at least so I wonder if he has pursued that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Discotek had TV rights to everything they license, I'd be pushing for the block to air Symphogear, with or without a dub. Mind you, I have all five seasons on Blu-ray, though I haven't watched past the second yet.

[and i'd love to do content ratings images of it... or even clips]

• Like 1

Gotta say I didn't see this coming! Bad call not airing Dr. Stone at Midnight though. I have only seen Mugen Train in theaters despite having the opportunity to stream it on Hulu for like 2 years (I skipped ahead to the Entertainment District arc), so looking forward to it?

If this schedule holds, I'm hoping we get the Swordsmith Arc eventually, because I still haven't seen it. We would finish Mugen Train in November, get ED arc in December and January, and then by the end of January it's Swordsmith time!

Don't get me wrong--I am still assuming we're getting Marathons December 23 and 30, but NOT November 25th. Also, it remains to be seen if this is indeed a drop to 2.5 hours. But WOW, what a change for November after an October dominated by only 4 different shows, by November 12th, we'll have already seen 6!

• Top Gun unpinned this topic