UnevenEdge

NYCC News Watch Thread...

OwlChemist81

Finally just now saw the ATHF trailer thanks to some screeching guy’s phone recording.

I get NYCC is apparently sacred but a cartoon trailer shouldn’t be barred from the goddamn public. It’s a trailer. Just upload that shit everywhere.

But I still don’t know how to feel about Bento Box Aqua Teen. It was fine for the movie but that’s not really how the show’s supposed to look. At least with Aquadonk the changes were more subtle.

1 hour ago, korosu said:

How did what work out?

Why’d you quote reply me if you’re not even prepared?

Some rando user with 1K followers, being a rando user with 1K followers... tweeted Titmouse claimed in their panel that Doc & Jackson have full reign to come back to do more Venture Bros.

This was a panel that the user didn’t even fucking attend.

No remote footage anywhere of the panel’s actual words, but everyone took the single Twitter user’s tweet as pure gospel. Which got a fuck swarm of people to tweet “oh yeah! Venture Bros is back! This is totally real because I’m tweeting it!”

So yeah! Dare I say.... the truth was stretched in some unforeseeable way! Right? 

30 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Why’d you quote reply me if you’re not even prepared?

Some rando user with 1K followers, being a rando user with 1K followers... tweeted Titmouse claimed in their panel that Doc & Jackson have full reign to come back to do more Venture Bros.

This was a panel that the user didn’t even fucking attend.

No remote footage anywhere of the panel’s actual words, but everyone took the single Twitter user’s tweet as pure gospel. Which got a fuck swarm of people to tweet “oh yeah! Venture Bros is back! This is totally real because I’m tweeting it!”

So yeah! Dare I say.... the truth was stretched in some unforeseeable way! Right? 

Who is this "rando?" Swimpedia got the information from someone they know who was at the panel. Are you saying others have independently confirmed the statement?

"Why’d you quote reply me if you’re not even prepared?"
I didn't know what the hell you meant by your question. How did tweeting a factual statement (that specific words were said at a panel) work out? No truth was stretched. Jackson said the panelist had wrong information. That changes nothing about the fact that it was said at the panel. It's actually a completely neutral outcome.

1 minute ago, [classic swim] said:

Then don’t quote reply me.

The Swimpedia tweet was about what the Titmouse panelist said. Their statement, in and of itself, which Jackson claims is incorrect, was verified as being a statement made at the panel. The tweet, being about the statement, is not unverified. I am quote replying you to tell you that you're wrong about the tweet being unverified.

3 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

I’m not taking a fucking crusade against Swimpedia. Shit was wrong and incorrect is the entire point.

Stop quote replying me.

No. The panelist was wrong, but it's what they said. A statement like that isn't gonna go unshared.

1 minute ago, [classic swim] said:

I apologize for doubting the journalistic integrity of Swimpedia over something that was FUCKING WRONGGG ANYWAY.

I am regrettably so, so sorry for this. Stop quote replying me. Please.

Isn't it great that everyone knows the panelist had it wrong? I wonder how we know that.

• Top Gun unpinned this topic