UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Shinobi Showcase: Episodes 459 & 460 Discussion

NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN

EPISODES 457 & 458

She of the Beginning + Ōtsutsuki Kaguya

Naruto: 10 Characters Who Can Give Kaguya Otsutsuki A Fight, Ranked

A being from ages past makes her way to the battlefield, bringing unbelievable otherworldly powers to bear in her quest to impose her will upon the ninja world! But the two shinobi fated to oppose her stand together across generations and rivalries. Working in tandem for the first time in years, Naruto and Sasuke display the full breadth of their own phenomenal powers; but will it be enough to counter the Mother of All Chakra?

Ōtsutsuki Kaguya once ruled over the entire shinobi world, casually wielding several of the most powerful kekkei genkai at once. But how did she come to be, and what traces of herself have been used to create the world we know today?

ONLY TOONAMI

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

So all along Madara was being manipulated by THIS bitch!?

Or her servant Black Zetsu.  More or less that's what he said last week.  Oh, and he altered the Uchiha stone tablet to give a fake reason for the Infinite Tsukoyomi jutsu. 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Oh yeah.

BTW, did you know we actually have ANN ratings for these episodes?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/naruto-shippuden/episode-459/.101829

B-.

Pfff bahahaha.  The fact ANN would give these episodes such good reviews when they're so rough on other shows like Yashahime is ridiculous.  I know different reviewers have different opinions, but still.

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

And now we're in flashback hell.

We can't escape it! 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

Kaguya is the princess from that Ghibli movie too. She must be a well known character from Japanese mythology

Oh yeah, that's right.

I don't know if I saw that Ghibli movie or not, but there was a scene in the Kaguya: Love is War series that explained that that Kaguya girl is named after this mythological figure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Pfff bahahaha.  The fact ANN would give these episodes such good reviews when they're so rough on other shows like Yashahime is ridiculous.  I know different reviewers have different opinions, but still.

We can't escape it! 🤣

So it was anime-original, but somehow got a B:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/naruto-shippuden/episode-460/.102056

Bzzz...

It's honestly remarkable how much filler they chose to blend into even the last handful of episodes of the series. Seeing a lot of "Mixed canon/filler" through most of the remainder (and two more filler arcs). Not even a moment of consideration for "hey, this is basically the big climax, maybe we shouldn't shit all over it."

• Confused 1

• Top Gun unpinned this topic