UnevenEdge

36 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

No, I don't think he settled on this one after experiencing the options, I was thinking that the way said that made me feel like he made a choice that solidified this path and even when he tried to change certain things from his vision prior to activating the rumbling nothing he did could alter any significant events from changing how they played out like his reaction to Sasha's death and at some point gave in.

Oh ok.  Because the way this power works, I don't think you can change what happens, much less do a bunch of "trial runs."  If some sort of time travel shenanigans are done to get out of this, even just preventing the Rumbling, that would feel like a whole other level of shark jumping to me.

15 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  Because the way this power works, I don't think you can change what happens, much less do a bunch of "trial runs."  If some sort of time travel shenanigans are done to get out of this, even just preventing the Rumbling, that would feel like a whole other level of shark jumping to me.

Yeah, like you said, based on the way this power works I think that's the thing, like you said, at some point he made the choice he'd even go so far as activate the rumbling to protect his friends on the island and there was no changing it, he didn't get to see "multiple paths to try", the way we saw it played out is exactly how he saw when touching Historia that second time.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Ohhhh shit, it just hit me re-watching. I think the reason for the unexpected color of the Beast Titan is due to the power of the Warhammer too and not just that it's hardened (maybe both?). The coloring does look like the hardening power and it's also reminiscent of the Warhammer, and this time it fully registered that it's also actually "generating the ammo" (like we know the Warhammer power can do) that it was throwing at the airships each time sparks came from its hand, since otherwise it wouldn't have had anything on hand to be able to throw.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Ohhhh shit, it just hit me re-watching. I think the reason for the unexpected color of the Beast Titan is due to the power of the Warhammer too and not just that it's hardened (maybe both?). The coloring does look like the hardening power and it's also reminiscent of the Warhammer, and this time it fully registered that it's also actually "generating the ammo" (like we know the Warhammer power can do) that it was throwing at the airships each time sparks came from its hand, since otherwise it wouldn't have had anything on hand to be able to throw.

The Beast titan basically becomes one with Eren and the founding titan so this theory could be correct. 

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Thanks 1

I'm just going to say this now, while I struggle to get through this whiny twat's opening monologue, the only reason I'm gonna begrudgingly stomach through this is because I know how it ends and I just want to see my vindication at long last.

I will never understand how this one got popular enough to make it big.

• D'oh 1

13 hours ago, rpgamer said:

I'm just going to say this now, while I struggle to get through this whiny twat's opening monologue, the only reason I'm gonna begrudgingly stomach through this is because I know how it ends and I just want to see my vindication at long last.

I will never understand how this one got popular enough to make it big.

The first season did all the heavy lifting with great action animation, an interesting enough premise, an excellent score, a gripping dramatic pull and plenty of brutal deaths. Though some people who didn’t love the first season did like the turn toward politics in season 3. It could have been even bigger if they didn’t take 4 years to do a 2nd season but it managed to keep its hooks into people via the manga and the eventual anime seasons.