UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode #628 Discussion

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

We end our short detour of One Piece filler and the last big glut of Shippuden filler finally ends tonight!  It's a Christmas in July, well, August... MIRACLE!

It is a shame there are people who wish OP would leave the block. I get that Dressrosa is not a favorite arc but I am still looking forward to it on the block. OP is not even one of my favorite shows but I still love seeing it on the block. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

It is a shame there are people who wish OP would leave the block. I get that Dressrosa is not a favorite arc but I am still looking forward to it on the block. OP is not even one of my favorite shows but I still love seeing it on the block. 

So did we get confirmation on a new schedule that One Piece is staying?  I knew people were paranoid that One Piece is leaving, but didn't know anyone was WISHING it to leave!

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Don't like or get that the new FLCL is computer generated.  I don't have high expectations.  Demarco needs to learn to just leave well enough alone.

Gotta say I'm still glad we got them so far, I liked Progressive overall, so clearly more than most did lol, even if it was more "stop and start" and therefore never sustained the kinetic energy (or better integrated themes dealing with growing up) of the original.

I still liked it and it gave me Haruko2, Julia Jinyu

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So did we get confirmation on a new schedule that One Piece is staying?  I knew people were paranoid that One Piece is leaving, but didn't know anyone was WISHING it to leave!

I believe there was a schedule announcement on the Facebook or somewhere that confirmed it. 

And yes there are a couple people around here, one in particular (who does not even participate in episode discussion, so I doubt they even actually watch the block, and just come here to shit on it, because that is basically all they do when they post) who had been pushing for a long time that Dressrosa was not coming to the Toonami, and saying how they do not like it here haha 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

One Piece is not only staying, it's getting an extra half hour.

Oh that is great news.  One Piece should've stayed at double episodes all along, but I'm glad it's going back to that.

And double Shippuden means we get that over with faster lol.

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I believe there was a schedule announcement on the Facebook or somewhere that confirmed it. 

And yes there are a couple people around here, one in particular (who does not even participate in episode discussion, so i doubt they even actually watch the block, and just come here to shit on it, because that is basically all they do when they post) who had been pushing for a long time that Dressrosa was not coming to the Toonami, and saying how they do not like it here haha 

Yeah I just saw it thanks to 3ngag3.  Good to hear. 

Oh I think I know who you're talking about haha.  But when you said that, I was afraid there was some sizable contingent on other sites or social media platforms calling for One Piece's removal.  But even if that were true, Toonami won't take a show off just because some people don't like it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Oh I think I know who you're talking about haha.  But when you said that, I was afraid there was some sizable contingent on other sites or social media platforms calling for One Piece's removal.  But even if that were true, Toonami won't take a show off just because some people don't like it.

Yea, I was only talking about here on UEMB haha no one cares what we think here. 

But that one poster has been going on about theories he had for why it was not coming to the block. So glad he was wrong! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Gotta say I'm still glad we got them so far, I liked Progressive overall, so clearly more than most did lol, even if it was more "stop and start" and therefore never sustained the kinetic energy (or better integrated themes dealing with growing up) of the original.

I still liked it and it gave me Haruko2, Julia Jinyu

I've said this a few times but might as well restate it here, and apparently I'm in the minority here too, since most feel the opposite. 

I didn't think either series held a candle to the original, but Progressive at least tried to be artistic and creative, and each episode felt different.  Alternative just came off like a generic modern anime.  But most people seemed to prefer Alternative, or at least from what I saw, that seemed to be the case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I've said this a few times but might as well restate it here, and apparently I'm in the minority here too, since most feel the opposite. 

I didn't think either series held a candle to the original, but Progressive at least tried to be artistic and creative, and each episode felt different.  Alternative just came off like a generic modern anime.  But most people seemed to prefer Alternative, or at least from what I saw, that seemed to be the case.

Yep, I too liked Progressive more for the same reason even though it seems like anecdotally more preferred Alternative like you said.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I was honestly unaware of it haha 

Ah.

I remember the announcement a year or two ago, and I think it's pretty cool having been following the character since Clone Wars and Filoni himself is in charge of this one again so I'm excited.

• Like 2

Hah the pets turned on Fried.  And now he's defeated.

Since this show is about adventures traveling at sea, it's easy for filler characters to ride off into the sunset never to be seen again.  Although, Oda likes to bring back characters from 100s of episodes ago lol.

So Doflamingo really did resign?!  

Who was he rule over?  Birds, I guess. 🤣

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Ah.

I remember the announcement a year or two ago, and I think it's pretty cool having been following the character since Clone Wars and Filoni himself is in charge of this one again so I'm excited.

I have honestly just been OOTL with SW lately. I live under a rock also lmao

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Ah.

As a fan of Clone Wars and Rebels I'm really looking forward to it.  Looks like Sabine will be a badass in it.  And we'll finally get to see what happened to Ezra and Thrawn.  And who knows, maybe it will even get more people to check out Clone Wars and Rebels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

As a fan of Clone Wars and Rebels I'm really looking forward to it.  Looks like Sabine will be a badass in it.  And we'll finally get to see what happened to Ezra and Thrawn.  And who knows, maybe it will even get more people to check out Clone Wars and Rebels.

Yup, same.

It's like a huge sequel to them and especially Rebels.

Love Ahsoka thanks to both shows and the trailer felt like a direct continuation of Rebels.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

• Top Gun unpinned this topic