UnevenEdge

Transition Timeline

Heshi

4 hours ago, Vela said:

Oh this is going to be so cool to see in real time, thank you for sharing!  Are your eyes hazel?

Glad you find it interesting meow and you are totz welcome 

I'm pretty excited myself

My eyes are green with some golden flakes...

you say you're going through the v.a.?

what wasyour time line? how many dr's did you have to see? 

did they tell you you had to give up certain things (i.e. smoking?) for a year, 

did they tell you had had to drop a a couple pounds? did they tell you, that once you gave up smoking, that you had to wait another 6 months? 

***i would ask if they just simply just flat out finally deny you, by telling you that it wouldn't matter, and let this run it's course, over the next 1.5 years...but you made this post. 

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, discolé monade said:

you say you're going through the v.a.?

what wasyour time line? how many dr's did you have to see? 

did they tell you you had to give up certain things (i.e. smoking?) for a year, 

did they tell you had had to drop a a couple pounds? did they tell you, that once you gave up smoking, that you had to wait another 6 months? 

***i would ask if they just simply just flat out finally deny you, by telling you that it wouldn't matter, and let this run it's course, over the next 1.5 years...but you made this post. 

All through Veterans Affairs.

I brought it up to my primary care doctor in March. They put me in for a consultation cause they knew nothing about HRT then in April I had two appointments with mental health to confirm a gender dysphoria diagnosis before getting booked with a different primary care doctor cause mine either refused or wasn't qualified and had the HRT appointment in late July and had my meds in hand before leaving the VAMC. So around 4 and a half months from saying I wanted gender affirming hormone therapy till I had the Estrogen in my hands...

I still smoke but I'm trying to quit and I dropped 70 pounds during the 4.5 months, I wasn't told I had to but making that much of an effort was probably noted.

I am truly sorry you have had a Terrible experience and hope you can get things sorted out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heshi said:

All through Veterans Affairs.

I brought it up to my primary care doctor in March. They put me in for a consultation cause they knew nothing about HRT then in April I had two appointments with mental health to confirm a gender dysphoria diagnosis before getting booked with a different primary care doctor cause mine either refused or wasn't qualified and had the HRT appointment in late July and had my meds in hand before leaving the VAMC. So around 4 and a half months from saying I wanted gender affirming hormone therapy till I had the Estrogen in my hands...

I still smoke but I'm trying to quit and I dropped 70 pounds during the 4.5 months, I wasn't told I had to but making that much of an effort was probably noted.

I am truly sorry you have had a Terrible experience and hope you can get things sorted out.

informed consent needs to be the norm. all i had to do was schedule a planned Parenthood appt and i had estrogen a few days later. I'm sorry you had to wait so long. 

• Confused 1

and i say this, in no ill-will to either of you, but this is why women are pissed. and i'm not sure what i can do. i don't have the same kind of patient advocacy you apparently have. that ship sailed long ago, now i'm just waiting to see is there is another potential problem, that i am, once again, getting the whole shaft and fucking run around about, that is a little more, pressing. 

and to even have a planned parenthood in your area, is upper tier level in this area. 

this is super annoying, and disappointing, and frustrating. something i dont' think either of you will understand, no offense. 

good luck to you both on your journey. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, discolé monade said:

and i say this, in no ill-will to either of you, but this is why women are pissed. and i'm not sure what i can do. i don't have the same kind of patient advocacy you apparently have. that ship sailed long ago, now i'm just waiting to see is there is another potential problem, that i am, once again, getting the whole shaft and fucking run around about, that is a little more, pressing. 

and to even have a planned parenthood in your area, is upper tier level in this area. 

this is super annoying, and disappointing, and frustrating. something i dont' think either of you will understand, no offense. 

good luck to you both on your journey. 

just to clarify, do you mean cis women? and when you said this is why they're pissed, about what exactly do you mean? i also don't mean ill will by either of these questions, i really just want to do my best to understand other people's perspectives on the issues faced when dealing with institutions and systems like those that compose healthcare. i understand if you don't want to answer and i know i can't understand exactly what you mean, but i would like the opportunity to do my best and try. 

i believe everyone everywhere should have access to all of the care they need, and no one should have to jump through hoops for it. i also believe cis women and all trans people have a common enemy that works to prevent all of us from accessing care we need and solidarity is vital in fighting against those efforts. 

35 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

cis women. 

as to the why

you stated you went to planned parenthood, that has been all but gutted, and you are able to get hormone therapy.

and yet, again, i don't know if i would qualify, for hormone therapy for menapause. so, i'm curious about that stat. 

I'm aware of the efforts to errode access to care for cis women's reproductive health as an attack on reproductive rights and body autonomy in general. you should know many of the same fascists behind that are trying to legislate trans people out of existence in many of the same states.

the reason i got access to care isn't because I'm trans, it's because i moved to a state where informed consent is the norm and where planned Parenthood hasn't been gutted. I try to always remind myself how fortunate i am to have been able to do that as much as possible. if i had lived in a state where access to reproductive healthcare was limited in such a way i guarantee you i wouldn't have access to hrt, and would likely have to DIY my transition. cis women who live near me aren't losing care to trans people, and likely have an easier time getting hormone treatment through their primary care physician than a lot of trans people would. our access to care does not take away care from cis women, and when we have access to care cis women are more likely to have access to that same care. 

i can't seem to find any info in regards to how many cis women can gain access to hormone treatments when needed versus trans woman or trans people in general who can access HRT.m. by sheer numbers I'm willing to bet more cis women get hormones than trans people of all genders do. but that's conjecture and ultimately irrelevant. the people attacking the rights of cis women are also trying to wage genocide on trans people. our fights are against the same people. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Vela said:

I name my wigs.  Do you?  It's uncanny how much of myself I saw in the Moira character in Shitt's Creek :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Also, you look lovely!

I name my cars meow, I call that wig either Blondie or the Blonde One...

Teeheehee 😄

And thank you meow 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 1:17 PM, Heshi said:

Well meow, things are super sore and changes keep happening, but yet another picture, (sorry I've limited it to the face, not comfortable enough with my body to show it yet)

IMG_20230906_120240091.thumb.jpg.9466d2696d3793c421a335c9d5ac79af.jpg

that soreness is fun but also painful. i bumped my boob into something at work today and it hurt so bad but also reminded me that I'm growing boobs and was weirdly affirming 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

that soreness is fun but also painful. i bumped my boob into something at work today and it hurt so bad but also reminded me that I'm growing boobs and was weirdly affirming 

oh no your poor boob meow 😮

those affirming moments are great, seeing I'm finally getting hips brings a smile to meh face 

• Like 1

I'm three years and a month into HRT myself. It goes by super fast. My boobs grew to a D-cup. My skin softened. I lost muscle mass, not that I was ever jacked to begin with. My overall mood improved drastically. I might be finally seeing the beginnings of fat redistribution. Looking in the mirror and seeing the changes to my body makes me very happy. I look and feel like myself.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I'm three years and a month into HRT myself. It goes by super fast. My boobs grew to a D-cup. My skin softened. I lost muscle mass, not that I was ever jacked to begin with. My overall mood improved drastically. I might be finally seeing the beginnings of fat redistribution. Looking in the mirror and seeing the changes to my body makes me very happy. I look and feel like myself.

Thank you for sharing meow.

I'm around a C Cup but definitely want them to get bigger 😆

I haven't worked out in a while, but I had the remnants of being able to do a 100 pushups in a minute and incline pressing 320lbs , to contend with and wow a month and a half has done wonders for that. That's great may it continue provide evolving results and affirmation meow

(I may have lost my train of thought towards the end of that, yay Spiro)

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops I haven't updated in a bit, it's going really well, my boobs are definitely getting bigger and I'm getting a slightly more feminine build. And I've lost around 90 pounds over the last 7 months.

Yeah over 2 months into HRT pic time...218812040_IMG_20231003_0958269412.thumb.jpg.9d8db069eefe23e716579cfb7e98257c.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/27/2023 at 7:11 PM, Heshi said:

So I hopefully start Hormone Replacement Therapy tomorrow and kinda want to do a timeline thingy.

So guess I'll post a pic from this week as my pre HRT photo and periodically add new ones as the Estrogen does it's thing... meowIMG_20230724_123252418.thumb.jpg.e7e3485ab0c1c4d0412eb84867cf1210.jpg

One of my kids started HRT about ten years ago and has been on T ever since. He is doing incredibly well and is very happy and just got married. I wish you the best ♥️

• Like 5

20 hours ago, fullmetal_pirate said:

One of my kids started HRT about ten years ago and has been on T ever since. He is doing incredibly well and is very happy and just got married. I wish you the best ♥️

That's great you support him, and I'm glad he's doing so well.

And thank you meow

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:36 PM, fullmetal_pirate said:

That's fucking awesome. Glad to see your son is living his best life and doing so authentically.

I know from experience that it goes by quick. Feels like yesterday that I just started taking titty skittles. Now, I'm three years along and it's been a hell of a ride.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

That's fucking awesome. Glad to see your son is living his best life and doing so authentically.

I know from experience that it goes by quick. Feels like yesterday that I just started taking titty skittles. Now, I'm three years along and it's been a hell of a ride.

Thank you, but he is the awesome one, I just followed his lead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

3 months of Estrogen!!! MEOW 

My boobs are totally boob shaped now, so that's awesome, my skin is softer and dryer,  my hands don't radiate heat anymore and I'm more sensitive to cold, my build is more feminine as my muscles have gotten way smaller and my hips are wider. I dyed my hair for the 2nd time today. Think I've got additional peach fuzz on top of my head , not sure I've noticed much in regards to body or facial hair changes. I'm also dealing with hearing the wrong pronoun worse. Still hate my wrong parts, probably more so with each passing day. But guess I'll upload a picture from an hour ago...IMG_20231101_120811062.thumb.jpg.1f5c408d0b610ce5a89bf3638b01b03b.jpg

Edited by Heshi
Meow
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Iku didn’t ask but you have such a cute face that I think those shorter more angled cuts would look really great. 

Aww thanks meow.

issue being I hate short hair with a passion 😆, any time I see Ruby Rose in movies I always think she'd be so hot with longer hair. I don't know if it has anything to do with having to keep it short when I was in the military though...

sorry for trampling all over what was ment as a nice gesture meow 😰 but wigs are fun, I'd have to do a wig for a pixie cut cause I have a receding hairline, I really really hope HRT will help with that, but it's not a guarantee. Wow I am so scatter brained from my testosterone blockers that idk if any of that made any sense...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Heshi said:

Aww thanks meow.

issue being I hate short hair with a passion 😆, any time I see Ruby Rose in movies I always think she'd be so hot with longer hair. I don't know if it has anything to do with having to keep it short when I was in the military though...

sorry for trampling all over what was ment as a nice gesture meow 😰 but wigs are fun, I'd have to do a wig for a pixie cut cause I have a receding hairline, I really really hope HRT will help with that, but it's not a guarantee. Wow I am so scatter brained from my testosterone blockers that idk if any of that made any sense...

It’s why I said wigs cuz I know people get really traumatized over cutting long hair. It’s been so long since I’ve had long hair. I only know cuz my bf has really long gorgeous hair. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_20231128_105146554.thumb.jpg.917fcb5b5e78212238f207b788fdc646.jpgSo I'd planned on putting up a 4 month picture, but got a little side tracked and ended up in the Hospital for 5 days shortly my 4 month mark, pancreatitis was like happy anniversary bitch ... But I don't have a gallbladder anymore and  it'll be a bit before I'm strutting around but here's the picture I probably was gonna share before being hospitalized. Meow

• Like 6