UnevenEdge

why is some one so entitled

ghostrek

3 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

If you’ve gone your whole life having everything handed to you, you’ll be perpetually accustomed to infantile behavior as means of getting your way. They’re the path to world destruction.

no one ever thougth of blaming the parents of theses a-holes

• Thanks 1

i wish i could have filmed the asshole kevin, that pulled a silverback stomping in front of my car. his wife and gaggle of minions came out the walmart door, farthest end, and wrong exit btw, she looked at me as she made her way out, i'm already 3/4 way through the cross walk, and she begins to cross, not even look or stop to make sure i'd stop and sauntered across, kids in tow, i raise my hands, gorilla man raises his, i say 'nice cross walk practices', he proceeds to tell me to 'fuck off'. i then put my window down and yell at the top of my lungs CALM THE FUCK DOWN! YOU WERE IN THE WRONG. NOW CROSS AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY. YOU WON.

some dude was laughing. at me, at him, at us. 

i hate that i respond to these fucks. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i wish i could have filmed the asshole kevin, that pulled a silverback stomping in front of my car. his wife and gaggle of minions came out the walmart door, farthest end, and wrong exit btw, she looked at me as she made her way out, i'm already 3/4 way through the cross walk, and she begins to cross, not even look or stop to make sure i'd stop and sauntered across, kids in tow, i raise my hands, gorilla man raises his, i say 'nice cross walk practices', he proceeds to tell me to 'fuck off'. i then put my window down and yell at the top of my lungs CALM THE FUCK DOWN! YOU WERE IN THE WRONG. NOW CROSS AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY. YOU WON.

some dude was laughing. at me, at him, at us. 

i hate that i respond to these fucks. 

There is no best response because anything seems like would validate them except them going in front of the judge and the judge saying you're fucking wrong

• Like 1

I began working as a librarian a few years before the pandemic. I quit the profession last year. We often said that people seemed to get worse after the pandemic, as if they now feel it's acceptable to lash out because they're "stressed" or "going through something". Some would apologize, and I'd kind of accept it because I had to, but I've been going through hell for years and I still manage to be polite. So I personally think these people fully intend to use this excuse before they even step out the door, and I think the, erm...political climate...as of late...has emboldened them.

That's not to say that this behavior didn't exist before, it just seemed to become more pronounced.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

I began working as a librarian a few years before the pandemic. I quit the profession last year. We often said that people seemed to get worse after the pandemic, as if they now feel it's acceptable to lash out because they're "stressed" or "going through something". Some would apologize, and I'd kind of accept it because I had to, but I've been going through hell for years and I still manage to be polite. So I personally think these people fully intend to use this excuse before they even step out the door, and I think the, erm...political climate...as of late...has emboldened them.

That's not to say that this behavior didn't exist before, it just seemed to become more pronounced.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'll say this, however: Some may have been doing what you've been doing and trying to be polite, but something during the course of the pandemic may have made them snap. I'm not excusing it because bad behavior is uncalled for, no matter what. I'm only saying I can understand because I've been in that situation. (Actually, on both sides of the equation, too.) And I also hate that I let myself get to the point where I lost my cool.

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

Yeah, I hear ya. I'll say this, however: Some may have been doing what you've been doing and trying to be polite, but something during the course of the pandemic may have made them snap. I'm not excusing it because bad behavior is uncalled for, no matter what. I'm only saying I can understand because I've been in that situation. (Actually, on both sides of the equation, too.) And I also hate that I let myself get to the point where I lost my cool.

There are degrees of snapping, though. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I don't mean that I'm always polite and smiling, but I've never, say, thrown a chair, tossed a pen in someone's face, or threatened to slit someone's throat...