UnevenEdge

RIP The Iron Sheik

[classic swim]

Damn, this one came out of nowhere. Then again wrestler deaths always seem to since I don't want to believe these guys are getting old.

RIP Sheiky baby.

Never forget: Never give up or you are big time jabroni.

Edited by LoverDemon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am not a fan, fan, but i know names that have been peppered throughout this timeline. i've watched intro's, or smack talking they used to do with big gene okerland. they would go insane. ripping shirts, pointing fingers. XD

roddy pepper, andre the giant, and the iron shiek. 

'iran? #1! , russia? #1! ,usa? HACKTUI!!"

rip

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

I remember the Wrestlemania gimmick battle royal he won in 2000 or 2001 because he was in no shape to be thrown over the rope. I think they were afraid they'd either injure him badly or kill him. 

Yeah he couldn't take a bump at all, whether in the ring or over-the-top, 59-years old at the time and the oldest guy out there. It took him an eternity to walk down the ramp, so much so Heenan quipped "By the time the Iron Sheik gets to the ring it'll be WrestleMania 38." (It was 17 at the time.)

Still, this man, in his prime, was arguably, and probably not arguably, the most hated man in wrestling, he was a legend and knew how to make people hate him, to the point that people legitimately wanted him dead.

Edited by LoverDemon