UnevenEdge

Anyone ever notice...

Lasty

14 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Yes, I definitely have. Weirdos…..

I probably shouldn’t say that, huh? Oh well….😂

Maybe they're just shy? Maybe... they're collecting data because we're awesome? ...Maybe I'm grasping at straws trying to avoid feeling a little creeped out... :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lasty said:

Maybe they're just shy? Maybe... they're collecting data because we're awesome? ...Maybe I'm grasping at straws trying to avoid feeling a little creeped out... :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I can’t fault them for being shy. I’m definitely not the most outgoing person myself. And there is no questioning our awesomeness. :LithiumSmileyLMAO:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Before Toonzone’s servers got motherfucked I once saw 40 members (including myself) online and like 650 guests.

In their case they had a bunch of robots on their shit.

Bots is the most likely explanation, and this begs the question; why for bots?

Edited by Lasty
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

What is the current status of Toonzone?

We can totally offer life rafts if need be.

Well, they have their own official temp boards, which is here at https://forum.toonzone.net 

But a month or so before, I think either another member or even a mod started an unofficial temp board, which is mostly just me and a friend sprinkling a few of our submissions throughout the week.

That’s at https://animesuperherotemp.freeforums.net

The latter again is literally just me, a buddy of mine from the old TZ boards, and the admin. But our’s happens to be better to navigate than the official one.

I like using it for the weekly Home Movies rewatch thread that I started on New Year’s Day, before the site went down in February.

Nobody knows when the real deal is ever coming back. 

Edited by [classic swim]

Serious answer - we often 'collect' search engine bots at various times of the day. They crawl around looking at all the things and then wander off. It can get really weird when there's a lot of political discussions running at the same time. 

Even more serial answer - because you touch yourself at night.

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

If it's a terminal thing, we could totally home them here and kind of grow by consolidating that way.

I'm just not the expert.

I know what you mean.

I love it here more cuz I can just be myself, and this place happens to be more mature.

I’m just not in much of a position to reach out to the populous. Not sure if the admins would like the plug either. The temp forums that predates theirs are at risk of being taken down just for the namesake. Which, fair enough. 

Plus a lot of them aren’t exactly the same demographic these days. I could bring it up to my friend from there but I don’t know. 

6 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

What is the current status of Toonzone?

We can totally offer life rafts if need be.

1 hour ago, [classic swim] said:

I know what you mean.

I love it here more cuz I can just be myself, and this place happens to be more mature.

I’m just not in much of a position to reach out to the populous. Not sure if the admins would like the plug either. The temp forums that predates theirs are at risk of being taken down just for the namesake. Which, fair enough. 

Plus a lot of them aren’t exactly the same demographic these days. I could bring it up to my friend from there but I don’t know. 

Y'all should totally send a line over and invite them to the boards. Might be a shameless plug but so be it if we can get some of them to stop by here as well! 

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Y'all should totally send a line over and invite them to the boards. Might be a shameless plug but so be it if we can get some of them to stop by here as well! 

Yeah I wouldn’t be against it, but I don’t know about the people actually running the site.

They don’t like promotions. That was a rule they had before the site went down, and I had to specify when sharing the knock off boards that I was just going by my experience. I already know it wouldn’t make a few happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [classic swim] said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be against it, but I don’t know about the people actually running the site.

They don’t like promotions. That was a rule they had before the site went down, and I had to specify when sharing the knock off boards that I was just going by my experience. I already know it wouldn’t make a few happy.

I gotcha. We should reach out the people running it and try and get permission first then. At least see what they have to say about it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lasty said:

The guests that lurk uneven edge far outnumber actual logged in posters? Like, always? wtf is the appeal, there?

o_O weird

*breathes heavily while staring at boards*

Wait, am I logged in?  Oops

😂😝

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

8 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I gotcha. We should reach out the people running it and try and get permission first then. At least see what they have to say about it. 

I don't have any personal connections so I'd have to rely on you and/or others before any shameless plugs - I'm not looking to poach people so if they fully intend to bring it back up in the near term, then it's probably not in the cards. But if it's just an absolute mess and they'd be amenable to consolidating with an equally old and tangentially similar community, then that'd be pursuable.

8 hours ago, Lasty said:
8 hours ago, CAC said:

That's probably just how may FBI agents they have watching us.

That being unlikely doesn't make it any less weird.

Highly unlikely for there to be any FBI agents here.