UnevenEdge

Were you even Netscaping in 1994?

nameraka

2 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I didn’t have the internet at all until like 1998.

And I think I started with IE. Never used Netscape.

Honestly, I don't really remember what browser we had. Either way it took 45 minutes to load a page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Don’t think I’ve ever used AOL either.

I liked it, personally. But then again, I was in high school and thought the fact I could chat with people on the other side of the world was awesome!

Of course, when we discovered about five or six year later that we didn't have to rely on AOL, the whole world opened up tremendously, because AOL, while great when you're first discovering the possibilites of the internet, ended up becoming archaic when all you needed was just an internet connection and a web browser.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

When ever you were talking with tech support with whatever issue, did the techies ever congratulate you for never having used AOL? That happened to me on more than one occasion. 😄

I’ve never actually talked to tech support either. 😂

My dad worked with a guy who was a computer whiz. He handled all of our computer problems for us, free of charge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nameraka said:

The internet is the future, bro. 😶

I loved Netscape so much back in the day because it was the first time I experienced a page loading nearly as soon as I clicked on it and that shit was magical.

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

This, except we had AOL.

The rage I'd feel when after taking forever to connect to the internet, someone would call and bounce me off. 

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I loved Netscape so much back in the day because it was the first time I experienced a page loading nearly as soon as I clicked on it and that shit was magical.

The rage I'd feel when after taking forever to connect to the internet, someone would call and bounce me off. 

We had a separate landline when we first got it so we didn't have that issue. My issue was my brother being online at the same time I wanted to get on. Now that was pretty annoying.

Ours was a Daewoo that had Windows 95 on it. We bought it a few months before Win98 was released. (Dad with his legendarily bad timing, of course. lol) (Well, it was branded as a Daewoo, anyway.) The first computer that was actually for me was an HP laptop bought for me by my grandfather for college (my first attempt at college, anyway), and it had Windows ME, which required DOS, on it as well. It was serviceable for what I needed it for at the time, but it quickly became outdated a year later when Windows XP, which didn't require DOS, came out.