UnevenEdge

Hello Dilaudid...

Vela

Actually today was pretty great!ย  I even got to eat solids!ย  But...if I'm not mistakenvthey're cutting me off at midnight because of the ::ominous tone:: PROCEDURE ::dun dun dunnnn:: I'll likely be having tomorrow.ย  I could have imagined it though...Im kinda loopy right now and they've started writing things down on the board for me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ which is the only reason I know the name of the drug I'm on...but nothing written about talk of diet and THE...PROCEDURE!ย  So I kind of no idea what the fuch is happening ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Actually today was pretty great!ย  I even got to eat solids!ย  But...if I'm not mistakenvthey're cutting me off at midnight because of the ::ominous tone:: PROCEDURE ::dun dun dunnnn:: I'll likely be having tomorrow.ย  I could have imagined it though...Im kinda loopy right now and they've started writing things down on the board for me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ which is the only reason I know the name of the drug I'm on...but nothing written about talk of diet and THE...PROCEDURE!ย  So I kind of no idea what the fuch is happening ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Well, keep us posted, please? And get well soon!

• Like 2

Be careful! I was on dilaudid when I had e. coli in college. The morphine wouldn't touch the pain so they jumped me to the heavy stuff and it hit real hard... at first.

Within the span of four days, I went from completely glassing over when they shot it into the IV to being able to immediately get up and jump on the IV bag stand after giving it a good push and ridingย it to the other end of the room. The nurses were so concerned that they immediately tried to downgrade me to hydro pills and after I said the pillsย weren't enough, they gave me one last shot of dilaudid that night and said I can't leave the hospital until I affirmativelyย told them I don't need it anymore.

In hindsight, their concern was probably the difference between me and the opioid epidemic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vela said:

I is high...you have been updated.

Lol, proof is in that I'm posting selfiesย with no makeup on๐Ÿคฃ2023-03-19_23_32_58.thumb.jpg.5280d033a570153dd7f3adaabf8b22f2.jpg

ย 

Quit tempting me, you saucy little minx! lol (Sorry. I had to do that.)

You look cute! Don't feel bad that you don't have makeup on. I like the natural look.

@Raptorpatย but it's such a nice and warm sensation that just washes right over your entire body and then you're floating and how could anything like that be.........okayIseewhatchorgettingat...but for the record I naturally giggle at mundane things and tell people how wonderful they are WITHOUT the aid of narcotics, so there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

@Raptorpatย but it's such a nice and warm sensation that just washes right over your entire body and then you're floating and how could anything like that be.........okayIseewhatchorgettingat...but for the record I naturally giggle at mundane things and tell people how wonderful they are WITHOUT the aid of narcotics, so there.

So the moral of the story is "yay, drugs...sort of?", right?

I've decided dilaudid is what I want kn hand during a zombocalypse...cause I can't feel shit but I still feel like I can get shit done.

Also I think I mentioned this elsewhere but I'm not fixing typos tonight because it's awkward holding my phone w/the IV in my arm making the typos many.ย  Imma embrace my typos...aw they didn't ask to be put there, come here guys, I luffs you now ^____^ little typo babies.

• Like 3

Vela, it's understandable. All we want is for you to get better as soon as you possibly can. (Well, that and to start drinking more water after this. That will definitely help you, even if you hate water because water really is your friend, so to speak.)

Edited by SuperWastedOnLife

8 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

ย 

Well, my ureter and kidney sure are!ย  I'd say the worst is the pressure my left kidney is putting on my back.

10 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

ย 

Hope you get well soon!

I could be wrong but I think they're aiming for tomorrow.ย  I've been here too long, time for ACTION!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

I've decided dilaudid is what I want kn hand during a zombocalypse...cause I can't feel shit but I still feel like I can get shit done.

Also I think I mentioned this elsewhere but I'm not fixing typos tonight because it's awkward holding my phone w/the IV in my arm making the typos many.ย  Imma embrace my typos...aw they didn't ask to be put there, come here guys, I luffs you now ^____^ little typo babies.

I guess itโ€™s safe to say your blood is Typ-O Positive.

Sorryโ€ฆI, uhโ€ฆ.sorry. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

• Haha 2

Just now, Vela said:

Well, my ureter and kidney sure are!ย  I'd say the worst is the pressure my left kidney is putting on my back.

I could be wrong but I think they're aiming for tomorrow.ย  I've been here too long, time for ACTION!

I feel like just a few weeks ago you guys had me recanting the time I had a fucked up kidney. Oof those are the worst.ย 

Typos all around tonight, just try and be as confortable as possivle!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

Well, that and to start drinking more water after this.

You son of a lovely lady and good friend, of course you went there. I KNOW, ALRIGHT?ย  I KNOW THAT'S THE REASON IM HERE.ย  Well, that snd they say it's hereditary.ย  My mom's has them. She had a staghorn stone which is exactly what it sounds like and it had to be surgically removedย  ย So let's just be glad I don't have those amd learn from my excursion, well me not you, you already drink a shit ton of water.

2 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

I'd probably be passed out. I can barely handle Tylenol with codeine. I'm such a damn weakling when it comes to painkillers.

Man, one single Benadryl usually turns me into a drunken buffoon. I am right there with you. And yes, I know Benadrylโ€™s not a painkiller, butโ€ฆpoint still stands. >_>

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I feel like just a few weeks ago you guys had me recanting the time I had a fucked up kidney. Oof those are the worst.ย 

Typos all around tonight, just try and be as confortable as possivle!!

It's true!

Thank you atomic! โค๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒˆ yeah emojies are apparently happening too tonight.

• Haha 2

Just now, Vela said:

You son of a lovely lady and good friend, of course you went there. I KNOW, ALRIGHT?ย  I KNOW THAT'S THE REASON IM HERE.ย  Well, that snd they say it's hereditary.ย  My mom's has them. She had a staghorn stone which is exactly what it sounds like and it had to be surgically removedย  ย So let's just be glad I don't have those amd learn from my excursion, well me not you, you already drink a shit ton of water.

I know. I'm sorry. I have my own flaws, as you know. But yes, drinking more water will help you. (And if I could find a way to drink the water for you and it somehow end up in your body, I would. Yes, that sounds weird, and no, I'm not taking it back. lol)

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Man, one single Benadryl usually turns me into a drunken buffoon. I am right there with you. And yes, I know Benadrylโ€™s not a painkiller, butโ€ฆpoint still stands. >_>

Dude, taking two Benadryl knocks my ass out, and I'm a bigger guy than I used to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

I'd probably be passed out. I can barely handle Tylenol with codeine. I'm such a damn weakling when it comes to painkillers.

Well the first two tines they gave it to me I did pass out because I was tense from all thd pain amd then suddenly relived of it.ย  But now I've had my nap and I'm just along for the ride.

47 minutes ago, Vela said:

so I'm finding out...I'd like to say the easy way...except don't think "easy" would be used to describe kidney stones.ย  That's plural by the way.

As someone who knows what it is like to have multiple kidney stones at a time I agree it is not the easy way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

If you could do that I'd pay you

Well, I'd probably need the money, but knowing how I am, I know I'd happily do that for you for free simply because you're my best friend. (And that all I'm gonna say.)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Vela, do the doctors have a guess on what caused your kidney stones?

Nobody knows what causes them, all speculation. But they say it's hereditary and my mom has gotten them before.ย  Mt guess would be it's related to my poor intake of water in general...I find the whole process of forcing myself to constantly drink water all day menacing.ย  I just don't enjoy it.ย  But I know it's a problem and I'll spend extra effort on it some days but sometimes not.ย  Obviously I have to get over myself.ย ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stilgar said:

As someone who knows what it is like to have multiple kidney stones at a time I agree it is not the easy way.

How would you rate your water intake?ย  5 being 'I always have a bottle of water in my hand' and 1 being 'there's water in juice and soda, right?'

8 hours ago, Vela said:

How would you rate your water intake?ย  5 being 'I always have a bottle of water in my hand' and 1 being 'there's water in juice and soda, right?'

I guess in my case, it's a 6 because...

quote-if-i-were-a-man-with-gills-i-would

15 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Vela, do the doctors have a guess on what caused your kidney stones?

I came here to let you know that a visiting nurse in training just asked me this same question you did ๐Ÿ˜…

And when I told her what they told me (whatcI told you) she was like, "crap my mom gets them too". Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Okay, so I'm out of the OR now.ย  Procedure went well ๐Ÿ‘ Not sure when I'll be released though.ย  Im only just fully awake now so I'm with the nurses upstairs who haven't gotten an update yet.ย  Lol, I do remember though that the first person I saw when I came-to was stunningly beautiful, like naturally beautiful and she was like, "You're awake, how youย feeling?" To which of course I responded with, "You're so pretty ๐Ÿ˜," then she patted the mound of blankets that were on top of me and said, "Oh thank you...you're still waking up." But no...that was a confident 'thank you' so she knows it but does modest really well!ย 

Also these people keep calling me young.ย  I'm trying to figure out what their gage is.ย  Lol, I keep telling them I'm not young I'm just short ๐Ÿ˜„ย  Like, do theyย mean too young to have a heart attack or something?ย  Idk.ย  But the nurse on duty for this shift introduced herself last night and then started treating me sort of like a little kid (which I mean I didn't hate) but she wasย like, "you haven't called me in once, you can press the call button anytime, anything you need let us know," I said I don't like to bother the nurses unless I need to and she goes, "You're young, you're not here because you want to be so I wanted to make sure you know that it's okay." Lmao...pretty sure I'm around the same age as this nurse. ๐Ÿ˜†

And then the anesthesiologist was going through the risks of the procedure and says, "but for someone who's young and fit..." which I just couldn't, I had to laugh and I literally put out my hand and said..."young.ย  And fit?ย  Pull your mask down and let me see you say that with a straight face." ๐Ÿ˜† Atleast he knew he could joke around with me at that point.ย  And who doesn't love a good fart joke, he had a few.ย  It made the rest of the experience much less scarier than I had anticipated.ย ย 

But if these people keep treating me like this I might stay for a while ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 3

@The_annoying_oneย Oh yeah...remember the mouthwash convo?ย  ๐Ÿคฃ Well this wasn't a planned visit so I don't have any of my stuff here.

ย I ttly used their mouthwashย to wash things other than my mouth last night, if you know what I mean.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I mean my armpits, of course ๐Ÿ˜ถ

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vela said:

Okay, so I'm out of the OR now.ย  Procedure went well ๐Ÿ‘ Not sure when I'll be released though.ย  Im only just fully awake now so I'm with the nurses upstairs who haven't gotten an update yet.ย  Lol, I do remember though that the first person I saw when I came-to was stunningly beautiful, like naturally beautiful and she was like, "You're awake, how youย feeling?" To which of course I responded with, "You're so pretty ๐Ÿ˜," then she patted the mound of blankets that were on top of me and said, "Oh thank you...you're still waking up." But no...that was a confident 'thank you' so she knows it but does modest really well!ย 

Also these people keep calling me young.ย  I'm trying to figure out what their gage is.ย  Lol, I keep telling them I'm not young I'm just short ๐Ÿ˜„ย  Like, do theyย mean too young to have a heart attack or something?ย  Idk.ย  But the nurse on duty for this shift introduced herself last night and then started treating me sort of like a little kid (which I mean I didn't hate) but she wasย like, "you haven't called me in once, you can press the call button anytime, anything you need let us know," I said I don't like to bother the nurses unless I need to and she goes, "You're young, you're not here because you want to be so I wanted to make sure you know that it's okay." Lmao...pretty sure I'm around the same age as this nurse. ๐Ÿ˜†

And then the anesthesiologist was going through the risks of the procedure and says, "but for someone who's young and fit..." which I just couldn't, I had to laugh and I literally put out my hand and said..."young.ย  And fit?ย  Pull your mask down and let me see you say that with a straight face." ๐Ÿ˜† Atleast he knew he could joke around with me at that point.ย  And who doesn't love a good fart joke, he had a few.ย  It made the rest of the experience much less scarier than I had anticipated.ย ย 

But if these people keep treating me like this I might stay for a while ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm glad everything went well. Now get some rest! lol