UnevenEdge

Hello Dilaudid...

Vela

Got the report back.  Looking like another night here and more texting on the phone cause there's not much else to do.  They got the stones but the one fucker did a little damage so they put a stint in. Should only take a week to heal which I can do at home.  They just want me here to observe overnight.

BUT! My new roommate is Polish! 😁 And I've already helped her with a few things that I picked up while being here for a few nights...so I feel useful!  She's got gallstones 😶 Seems like they do the same kind of stuff for all stone related predicaments.

• Like 3

Just now, stilgar said:

A friend of mine had such bad gallstones he was in the hospital like 3 times in 6 months. They even removed his gallbladder and he still was filled with em. 

Holy crap.  Yeah, pretty sure they have her on the same stuff I was on, only at some point last night I graduated to the pill and she's still on the drip of course. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vela said:

Got the report back.  Looking like another night here and more texting on the phone cause there's not much else to do.  They got the stones but the one fucker did a little damage so they put a stint in. Should only take a week to heal which I can do at home.  They just want me here to observe overnight.

BUT! My new roommate is Polish! 😁 And I've already helped her with a few things that I picked up while being here for a few nights...so I feel useful!  She's got gallstones 😶 Seems like they do the same kind of stuff for all stone related predicaments.

Goodness! Well, again, I'm glad they were able to take care of you.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, stilgar said:

I hear the drip is better than the pill.

Oh...it most certainly is. It's immediate with the drip but it doesn't last as long as the pill.  Pill is slow release and in my opinion weaker. But I meant graduated cause I'm not aiming to need it, I DO want to go home at some point... ... ...I srsly can't brush 3.5' of hair w/this rinky dink comb, I need my brush and my body wash...and my face sponge...and...well I guess I don't NEED proper underwear or pants but I have a certain comfy pair in mind for when this is all over.  Pants I mean.  Actually now I'm picking out undies in my head too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vela said:

Oh...it most certainly is. It's immediate with the drip but it doesn't last as long as the pill.  Pill is slow release and in my opinion weaker. But I meant graduated cause I'm not aiming to need it, I DO want to go home at some point... ... ...I srsly can't brush 3.5' of hair w/this rinky dink comb, I need my brush and my body wash...and my face sponge...and...well I guess I don't NEED proper underwear or pants but I have a certain comfy pair in mind for when this is all over.  Pants I mean.  Actually now I'm picking out undies in my head too.

Oh, I know how you feel. I got stuck in the hospital last year for about 5 or 6 days and it was really awful. I hope I don't need to do that again for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Oh, I know how you feel. I got stuck in the hospital last year for about 5 or 6 days and it was really awful. I hope I don't need to do that again for a long time.

I pray I never know how that feels. It sounds like the kind of pain you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stilgar said:

You mean for the kidney stones you had?

Yeah...me too for both of us!

3 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

I must be keeping you up. I'm sorry.

Nah no worries...that damn machine keeps going off and waking everybody up anyway.  Soon my deprivation will win out and I'll sleep through it though.

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Nah no worries...that damn machine keeps going off and waking everybody up anyway.  Soon my deprivation will win out and I'll sleep through it though.

Is it the machine that goes PING! or is that in the other room?

On 3/21/2023 at 7:25 PM, Still Me said:

that shit will fuck you up lol

They sent me home with the pill version. xD  I haven't had to take it though.  They prescribed me like 5 different pills...I'm taking pills eleven times a day, I feel like my phone alarm never turns off.  Kidney stones no joke :RoboTongue:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vela said:

They sent me home with the pill version. xD  I haven't had to take it though.  They prescribed me like 5 different pills...I'm taking pills eleven times a day, I feel like my phone alarm never turns off.  Kidney stones no joke :RoboTongue:

Which means you need to DRINK WATER! lol

You can put stuff in it like Crystal Light or something.

Edited by SuperWastedOnLife
I said what I said. lol

1 hour ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

:RoboIndifferent:

You can put stuff in it like Crystal Light or something.

...or something yes, but not crystal light or any artificial sweetener.  I'd rather not have anything at all than the taste of aspartame or stevia in my drink or the myriad of other health hazards they pose.  Stevia in baking isn't terrible, in anything else no thanks.

But I actually do have something I use.  I like Liquid I.V.  I really don't need a lot of it to make water bearable. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

...or something yes, but not crystal light or any artificial sweetener.  I'd rather not have anything at all than the taste of aspartame or stevia in my drink or the myriad of other health hazards they pose.  Stevia in baking isn't terrible, in anything else no thanks.

But I actually do have something I use.  I like Liquid I.V.  I really don't need a lot of it to make water bearable. 👍

Fair point. (Also, I didn't know stevia was bad for you to drink. It makes so much sense now.)

13 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

The most I’ll add to a glass of water is maybe a little lemon juice. Otherwise, I’ll just drink it straight. Ice is a must, though.

I'm drinking some with lemon and ice right now!  My neighbor treats lemons like the be all fixer end all ailments, and she's always bringing them over.  Idky my brain has tricked me into thinking that drinking out of this stainless steal tumbler thing I got at my cousins wedding makes water taste slightly better.  I'm gunna role with it though.  It does keep it colder for way longer so gotta be double walled, except it's pink...I forgive it's shortcomings.

Edited by Vela
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Vela said:

I'm drinking some with lemon and ice right now!  My neighbor treats lemons like the be all fixer end all ailments, and she's always bringing them over.  Idky my brain has tricked me into thinking that drinking out of this stainless steal tumbler thing I got at my cousins wedding makes water taste slightly better.  I'm gunna role with it though.  It does keep it colder for way longer so gotta be double walled, except it's pink...I forgive it's shortcomings.

See, that works! Either a lemon, a lime, or even an orange in water will help it taste better for you. Whatever helps, right?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

Sorry, dude. I shouldn’t have gotten in the middle of this. I just care too much….about all of my friends. 🤷‍♂️

She knows it's coming from a good place. She just hates hearing it from me. Ain't that right, @Vela?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

By the way, my pic was supposed to be a gif

hmm

yeah I see yours and it's not doing anything for me either.  The other ones that say they're gifs too ::shrugs::

only this one

Emoji Smh Sticker by emoji® - The Iconic Brand for iOS & Android | GIPHY

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vela said:

I think I've been pretty tolerable with all this water talk in my thread.

Keep it up though and 

Dead to me GIF on GIFER - by Perilak jussay'n

Honestly, if the roles were reversed, I'd expect you to tell me to drink more water. I'm only doing what I'd want and expect my friends to do for me. *shrugs*

2 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

Honestly, if the roles were reversed, I'd expect you to tell me to drink more water. I'm only doing what I'd want and expect my friends to do for me. *shrugs*

Okay fine then.  I look forward to hearing about the lovely walk you have tomorrow.