UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 431 Discussion

Just now, ben0119 said:

Does it?  Did we see most of Karin's backstory before and I just forgot? 🤣

We know she was orphaned, we know the know the clan she comes from is pretty much extinct except for her and one other, and she joined Orochimaru and eventually was a higher up or something in that Orochimaru base when we followed Sasuke going there Juugo, Suigetsu, and Karin.

Well guys, that was a good block tonight.

MHA was pretty good and I am glad to have back the ecchi madness that is Food Wars!

Gonna hit the sofa and watch the rest of Toonami/[as], though I am not as excited for Primal again haha I might pop in and out for a bit before I doze off, though I did not really get much good sleep last night. 

Night everyone! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

We know she was orphaned, we know the know the clan she comes from is pretty much extinct except for her and one other, and she joined Orochimaru and eventually was a higher up or something in that Orochimaru base when we followed Sasuke going there Juugo, Suigetsu, and Karin.

Yeah I remember that stuff, but I don't remember her mother or her being with the Grass Village and just being used as a healing battery.

Just now, AnimationFan14 said:

Oh I'd let him bite me and suck my chakra 

LMAO

I loved him in the first book. The end where he is slowly dying and going between profound insights and morphine fueled rants over the walkie talkie is soooo good. Gonna have to reread that soon! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That's Sasuke's theme?

Yup, ever since he went rogue and we got that run of Sasuke protagonist eps waaay back they've been using this track for him. He also got a new action track at the same time too.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah I remember that stuff, but I don't remember her mother or her being with the Grass Village and just being used as a healing battery.

I don't think they've ever shown her mother or her actual past outside of her describing them, I think this is the first time.

They should add at least one more rerun anime with some length that hasn't even been repeated much to at least get us to 3AM, like both seasons of Fire Force if they still have it, or Black Clover which they do seem to still have since it's still streaming on Adult Swim.com.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

They should add at least one more rerun anime with some length to at least get us to 3AM, like both seasons of Fire Force if they still have it, or Black Clover which they do seem to still have since it's still streaming on Adult Swim.com.

Really anything but Primal season 2 would be a huge improvement at this point 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yup, hell give us a new run of GITS and Bebop, it's been quite a while now lol.

Those would be a breath of fresh air and would be a welcome sight. 

The Bebop HD remaster always had a tough time on Toonami with finishing it's full run so it would be great to get it again for full rerun

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Those would be a breath of fresh air and would be a welcome sight. 

The Bebop HD remaster always had a tough time on Toonami with finishing it's full run so it would be great to get it again for full rerun

Yeah, now that you mention it, it's crazy I don't think we've ever gotten a full run of Bebop HD, have we? They've ended it early both(?) times since announcing they'd finally gotten the HD version right?

And GITS was great and long and varied enough that it's always quite rewatchable to me.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, now that you mention it, crazy I don't think we've ever gotten a full run of Bebop HD. They've ended it early both(?) times right?

That's what I am thinking cause I remember the HD remaster getting pulled very early the first time due to the block shrinking. Then I believe there was another run of Bebop HD that was removed before making it through to the end because Toonami was putting two new reruns in the 3am slot at that time I think. Wasn't there a period of time when we got double Bebop reruns at 3am?

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

That's what I am thinking cause I remember the HD remaster getting pulled very early the first time due to the block shrinking. Then I believe there was another run of Bebop HD that was removed before making it through to the end because Toonami was putting two new reruns in the 3am slot at that time I think. Wasn't there a period of time when we got double Bebop reruns at 3am?

Yeah my mind is definitely latching onto the first time with an early sudden pull like incredibly soon after they started it too, but you're right I do feel like there was indeed also an attempt at a double Bebop run.

That might have been the time the HD run got somewhat far for the first time, but pretty sure it then still got pulled again before finishing, same as other reruns around that time that weirdly kept getting pulled late in their runs rather than just finishing out.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, ever since he went rogue and we got that run of Sasuke protagonist eps waaay back they've been using this track for him. He also got a new action track at the same time too.

51 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Honestly that music is way cooler than Sasuke deserves LOL.  And they must have played just a bit of this in the episode, because there was some other more evil music being used as well.

55 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I don't think they've ever shown her mother or her actual past outside of her describing them, I think this is the first time.

Oh ok.  So maybe that is the part that's filler haha.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Honestly that music is way cooler than Sasuke deserves LOL.  And they must have played just a bit of this in the episode, because there was some other more evil music being used as well.

Yeah and even outside of this ep I think the show mainly only used the guitar riff at the beginning part and then the action music part at 1:45 for fights from these two tracks.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah my mind is definitely latching onto the first time with an early sudden pull like incredibly soon after they started it too, but you're right I do feel like there was indeed also an attempt at a double Bebop run.

That might have been the time the HD run got somewhat far for the first time, but pretty sure it then still got pulled again before finishing, same as other reruns around that time that weirdly kept getting pulled late in their runs rather than just finishing out.

I think the first time it was pulled was the super sudden pull, I believe Bebop HD only made it to episode 5 then. I remember us being like why tease us Bebop HD on the block if we’re barely getting any episodes. Our memories are lining up.

I remember Promised Neverland season 1 having its rerun pulled twice before finishing the season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

no, i'm pretty sure it was in the main thread page. must have been moved accidentally

Thanks, good to know you saw it in the main there too. I thought so and therefore was very confused when the show started and suddenly it was gone and then saw it in the Archive section so in the moment I figured somehow I messed up.

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That may have been my "oops". I think I mistook it for last week's discussion.

Oh good to have confirmation and thanks for realizing it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Surprised it doesn't seem like we'll ever get a full rerun of both seasons of Yashahime back to back, which would have been cool. S2 is still on AS so they haven't lost it yet.

14 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, hell give us a new run of GITS and Bebop, it's been quite a while now lol.

I would KILL to have Bebop or GitS or any of the old school anime come back for another rerun. Yashahime too, as that seems like an obvious one since S2 has not even had a rerun yet haha

I know that a lot of the neysayers and doomers will bitch about reruns, but they seem to bitch about EVERYTHING. It would make more sense to me to have the block extended until 4 or 5 in the morning as opposed to running Ballmasterz or back to back Futurama (as much as I love Futurama). I mean how much ratings are they getting in the wee hours of the morning anyways? Just give us some Bebop or any anime reruns. 

Having the block essentially only 2 and half hours, since Primal is not really even anime, is my only real compliant with Toonami right now. Of course we would all love more premiers, but we got Food Wars and MHA right now, and I am sure we will see new changes in the coming months. Lets get the block extended a bit again and utilize some of the reruns that they have available to them. Bebop and GitS are classics and have always been some of my faves. 

I miss the days when the block would come on at 11 or 12 and go all the way til 5 or 6, even if it is reruns early in the morning. Those early mornings, posting in Action and IB with the block winding down and reruns of some of my faves playing in the background, were some of my favorite memories haha 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1