UnevenEdge

One Piece Episodes 606 & 607 Discussion

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I was only joking haha 

It is was relevant like 100 years ago but today with automation and corporate farming there is no need for the extra light. 

Apparently it it never had anything to do with farming in the 1st place, hence the misconception, but 99% of people mention farmers when you discuss DLST, so the myth is very much alive and well.

Just now, saito34 said:

Apparently it it never had anything to do with farming in the 1st place, hence the misconception, but 99% of people mention farmers when you discuss DLST, so the myth is very much alive and well.

Yea I know I was only joking. 

It had more to do with economic and social reasons. I just find it funny that we are still doing it. Even if it was for farming it makes no sense. All the farmers I know hate it 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

It had more to do with economic and social reasons. I just find it funny that we are still doing it. Even if it was for farming it makes no sense. All the farmers I know hate it 

I thought it was so kids wouldn't be going to school in the dark in the morning and get hit by truck-kun lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

I thought it was so kids wouldn't be going to school in the dark in the morning and get hit by truck-kun lol.

Lmao yea if you look at the history there are numerous reasons as if they just keep moving the goal post because Americans hate change or something. 

Yet everyone I talk to wants it to be done away with! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

yeah it would impossible to know that without a hard /s tag. I would actually be more surprised if it wasnt mentioned in a conversation about DLST. lmao. I never bothered to verify the actual truth myself. Farmers actually voted against it back then. Figures we got it backwards.

Edited by saito34

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

yeah it would impossible to know that without a hard /s tag. I would actually be more surprised if it wasnt mentioned in a conversation about DLST. lmao. I never bothered to verify the actual truth myself. Farmers actually voted against it back then. Figures we got it backwards.

I am honestly surprised that more people do not revolt over us continuing to do it haha because my ass is gonna be extra groggy tomorrow!

I guess I can sleep in a bit because it is Sunday but fuckkkk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Lmao yea if you look at the history there are numerous reasons as if they just keep moving the goal post because Americans hate change or something. 

Yet everyone I talk to wants it to be done away with! 

I don't know anyone that likes the time changes either. x_x Plus, the shock to the body leads to more heart attacks when it happens, and people are disoriented and get into more car accidents.  There's literally no benefit to it...

6 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I am honestly surprised that more people do not revolt over us continuing to do it haha because my ass is gonna be extra groggy tomorrow!

I guess I can sleep in a bit because it is Sunday but fuckkkk

LMAO...i didnt even realize it's happening today. WTF

See even though i prefer they go forward, this shit just messes everything up. its ridiculous.

My issue is with it getting dark at 4pm in November-December so i prefer they just not fuck with the clocks.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

For real I am kinda sad about only having 2 and a half hours of Toonami proper because I do not count Primal haha 

I dont either tbh. I'm actually a fan but it feels tacked on

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 1:40 AM, ben0119 said:

I was mainly talking about the dance, but yeah, guess they weren't bad.

I heard the anime crammed like a 100 chapters into 13 episodes or whatever it was, which would explain a lot.  Why after a certain point tons of characters got introduced.

I heard at the time that the manga wasn't translated, official or otherwise, not sure how true that is or if it's been translated since then.  But if the manga didn't even get translated that makes me think it wasn't very good either.

Apparently all 16 volumes of the manga are translated now. So yeah, clearly lots more material than fit into that mere 12 eps.