UnevenEdge

Day 3: The Monster needs its veggies

mthor

The final snackrifice for this round has arrived, and the monster wants something special to go with it - a salad. Not just any salad, but a salad so vile and disgusting that it will thrill the monster to the bottom of its cold evil heart and challenge Soma, its special dinner guest, who has expressed an interest in monstrous cuisine. (Jello and/or mayonnaise will probably be involved.)

Go forth, and bring not just a picture, but a recipe in case the monster wants to make it again. A YouTube video, a TikTok (can we do that?), one of those vintage ads, or even a screenshot of Packard's cooking blog - anything so that we can appreciate just why your particular salad will tickle the Monster's palate.

Edited by mthor
  • Thanks 4

Introducing the Jello Salad a concoction so gross it will satisfy any monster’s hunger.  It’s got the sweet lime of jello, with the wonderful pairing of olives what, wtf is that on top?  Some sort of leafy thing  it doesn’t get much grosser than this guys.  Bonus video attached the monster won’t have to personally watch it  he will capture one of our fallen survivor brethren to do it

731B41F4-7857-4D7A-97BE-0B22206C88E9.jpeg.001d628e5b53ebe5dfad5c8dc667a878.jpeg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mthor said:

a salad so vile and disgusting that it will thrill the monster to the bottom of its cold evil heart  (Jello and/or mayonnaise will probably be involved.)

A YouTube video, a TikTok (can we do that?), one of those vintage ads, or even a screenshot of Packard's cooking blog - anything so that we can appreciate just why your particular salad will tickle the Monster's palate.

But...

I have...

so many...

You've seen me in the food thread.  Can I post them all?!  Calm down...calm down, me.  I know!!!  I'll post only the ones from one of my fav foody youtuber.

WARNING:  This man yells.  This man yells a lot and I love it but you may want to preemptively adjust your volume (or use him to wake up in the morning as I do) but you've been warned.

It's the pouring sound effect in this one.

Just for fun.  This one is for all the Europeans out there. Don't argue...Betty Crocker calls it a salad.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Well no one can have immunity this time so everyone is on the chopping block....I assume everyone can vote this round as a way to spice it up?....whatchall thank 

Would it be combination contestants / judges' vote?  I'm not sure we've worked out all of the detail but having everyone in the club including the ousted contestants would be the way to go since we don't have a "worldwide" audience to log on and participate.  You can perhaps have the judges provide more weighted votes.

27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Would it be combination contestants / judges' vote?  I'm not sure we've worked out all of the detail but having everyone in the club including the ousted contestants would be the way to go since we don't have a "worldwide" audience to log on and participate.  You can perhaps have the judges provide more weighted votes.

I suggested that whoever won the challenge would get a vote deducted, but I can't work out the details - had a problem come up with the kids. I'm out for now

52 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

What if we (or y'all, actually) make it to where the contestants who were eliminated in the second challenge make up a jury of sorts along with the judges (whomever they may end up being; hopefully, it'll be an odd number) and each member of the jury has a vote to determine the winner? 

Edited by hornedlizardman

9 minutes ago, mthor said:

I suggested that whoever won the challenge would get a vote deducted, but I can't work out the details - had a problem come up with the kids. I'm out for now

Since this is a winner-take-all competition, so you can't "subtract" votes.  What you could do is have two extra points added to the winner of the judges competition, and an extra point for the winner of the ousted members survey.   How this would work...

• I set up a survey for the entire club with the exception of the competitors.   We can give them one week to participate.
  • At the end of that, the competitors get their votes for the winner in this thread.
  • The survey winner is applied to the vote.
  • The judges add their two votes.

This should give everyone a chance to participate, but it gives the judges the opportunity to break ties.

An alternate to this is that the judges get only one vote and the game master gets one vote.  Since we haven't established an independent game master to this point, that might not work now.  (For instance, since you;re the game master and a judge, it doesn't make sense having you as tie breaker).  We could do that in the future, though.

• D'oh 1

25 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Which ones are the actual submissions though....do I need to read, I don't wanna read rn.

There appear to be multiples for Vela and Pooh.  I don't think we've actually set rules for how a submission is made official, so we should probably do that next round.  This is Seight's:

On 2/22/2023 at 3:37 AM, Seight said:

enhanced-buzz-27755-1389279271-1.jpg?downsize=600:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto