UnevenEdge

Aqua Teen is back for a new season of 5 episodes

Jman

7 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Wow they didn’t waste any time hitting the panic button. 

Sorry AS, those three may be the most iconic faces AS has ever had, but 5 episodes of them is not going to motivate people to regularly tune in to AS.

Dude I will gladly take 5 episodes over none. 

I personally would prefer if [as] went more underground again. R&M was a bit too big. 

Of course I understand this mindset is very abrasive to their business goals though.

9 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Dude I will gladly take 5 episodes over none. 

I personally would prefer if [as] went more underground again. R&M was a bit too big. 

Of course I understand this mindset is very abrasive to their business goals though.

I’ll enjoy them if they are good. Late stage ATHF was suffering bad. Hopefully such a long break and short episode count will help it actually be decent. My main point was this won’t keep their lights on. While I wouldn’t mind a return to their roots, it’s hard to convince executives of that. They are going to want to see R&M numbers ASAP. 

40 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I’ll enjoy them if they are good. Late stage ATHF was suffering bad. Hopefully such a long break and short episode count will help it actually be decent. My main point was this won’t keep their lights on. While I wouldn’t mind a return to their roots, it’s hard to convince executives of that. They are going to want to see R&M numbers ASAP. 

While [as] has bled away most of its old blood, and may be hemorrhaging after the R&M fiasco, it seems that they still have a plan forward, as they have confirmed season 7 with a recast of Rick and Morty and have already announced more ATHF.

I am sure they will lose some following. But I am sure some R&M fans will still tune in for the next season. If they also continue to bolster other content and bring back shows like ATHF, I am sure they will be fine 'keeping the lights on'. 

I would love to see stuff like Venture Bros and even Metalocalypse (so sad back when Lazzo axed it). Apparently Mike Lazzo and Brendan Small did not get along? Not sure on that, but we all know Lazzo is long gone, so maybe it is not out of the realm of possibility of getting it back. Or even more new series. This is absolutely a good opportunity to continue R&M, but to also diversify away from just one flagship show. 

More underground [as] is doable and better IMO. 

As for the quality of ATHF, yes it did slip in latter seasons, but I am a long time fan and any new content is enjoyed by me. 

Edited by atomicinumatt