UnevenEdge

Zombie Apocalypse Watch Thread 2023

Poofy

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful. I had a friend die horribly from a rare fungus. Yeah she had an auto immune disease but the way she went was brutal. They had to remove pieces of her face. Her eye her sinuses they butchered her. It was sad especially since she died anyway. Would hate to see that shit become more common. 

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wonderful. I had a friend die horribly from a rare fungus. Yeah she had an auto immune disease but the way she went was brutal. They had to remove pieces of her face. Her eye her sinuses they butchered her. It was sad especially since she died anyway. Would hate to see that shit become more common. 

Don't worry it'll all be common in the apocalypse. We shall all suffer until our fortunes are the same

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Poofy said:

Don't worry it'll all be common in the apocalypse. We shall all suffer until our fortunes are the same

There’s gonna be tons of people with no faces in the apocalypse not that most of us have faces now anyway, if we’re getting philosophical about it ☹️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

There’s gonna be tons of people with no faces in the apocalypse not that most of us have faces now anyway, if we’re getting philosophical about it ☹️

wait... i don't get it. Why don't we currently have faces?

3 hours ago, Poofy said:

i never thought of that before

I was on the train one day and not that you can really look at people for long, but after I got off I couldn’t remember a single thing about the people sitting around me. 

sometimes I think real narcissistic shit like how people only exist in my mind briefly and then they’re gone. People got lives and shit but idk them therefore they don’t exist except for that brief moment in time that our paths may cross.  

i think of real dumb shit all the time. Like how there’s not enough people left of my family for me to be reincarnated by chance ever. The dna just ain’t there. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Like how there’s not enough people left of my family for me to be reincarnated by chance ever. The dna just ain’t there. 

ok youre running circles around me today... do you mean you have to be related to the new person to be reincarnated as them?

13 minutes ago, Poofy said:

ok youre running circles around me today... do you mean you have to be related to the new person to be reincarnated as them?

For reincarnation to be real wouldn’t you need enough relatives to exist to create your exact dna sequence?  It would be like winning the lottery

I have no kids my brother has no kids my parents only have half siblings I just don’t think there’s enough people that carry any of my dna for that to happen by chance. I’m not saying you would know you existed before but that you could exist again, at least someone that looks just like you.  Who knows maybe you would know you existed?  For all I know I already exited before and that imaginary friend I had as a kid was really a past me. Maybe all imaginary friends are. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

For reincarnation to be real wouldn’t you need enough relatives to exist to create your exact dna sequence?  It would be like winning the lottery

I have no kids my brother has no kids my parents only have half siblings I just don’t think there’s enough people that carry any of my dna for that to happen by chance. I’m not saying you would know you existed before but that you could exist again, at least someone that looks just like you.  Who knows maybe you would know you existed?  For all I know I already exited before and that imaginary friend I had as a kid was really a past me. Maybe all imaginary friends are. 

thats like natural cloning and actually plausible, if unlikely. You're 2 for 2 tonight. I've only heard about the spiritual kind of reincarnation where you just magically zap into a new unrelated human or other animal

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vela said:

I've never seen The Last of Us.  Is it about the zombie-ant fungi?

Because that I've known about for a while now and have been terrified of it's prospects even since I'd learned about it.

Those fungi are highly specialized and unlikely to ever adapt to higher order mammals.

15 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Those fungi are highly specialized and unlikely to ever adapt to higher order mammals.

Until there's conclusive proof that 100% of our current population of politicians are in fact higher order mammals, don't jinx it. >.< 

The Annoying Orange and his extended swarm may in fact be 70% banana for all we really know. 

• Like 2