UnevenEdge

Tory Lanez Found Guilty

DragonSinger

and fuck that motherfucker!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/23/arts/music/tory-lanez-megan-thee-stallion-verdict.html

"A Los Angeles jury on Friday found Daystar Peterson, the Canadian rapper better known as Tory Lanez, guilty of shooting a fellow artist, Megan Thee Stallion, in both of her feet following an argument about their romantic entanglements and respective careers in the summer of 2020.

Mr. Lanez, 30, was convicted of three felony counts: assault with a semiautomatic handgun, carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle and discharging a firearm with gross negligence. He faces more than 20 years in prison and could be deported.

Jurors reached a verdict after about seven hours of deliberation across two days, following a trial that lasted nearly two weeks. Mr. Lanez, who had been free on bail during the trial following a period of house arrest, was immediately taken into custody. Sentencing was scheduled for Jan. 27."

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seight said:

My main takeaway, obviously, is that this is a terrible thing to do to anyone.

My way less important second takeaway is "What the hell, Daystar Peterson would have been a perfectly cromulent rap name too" :| 

Naw, a mediocre ass artist like him can't rock a name like Daystar. He probably knew that on a subconscious level and picked a basic name that kept expectations of his work realistic.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

I don’t know how a guy who sings cover songs in shrill autotune managed to have such a pull in getting weirdos to slander Megan for getting shot.

Like people hate women so much that they’d ignore evidence and create conspiracy theories that fit their worldview about this trial.

I had no clue who that fucker was before he shot Meg. I didn't know anyone speaking of him or hyping up his music, and then after the shooting, he was suddenly one of the best new artists to a bunch of incels crying about how a woman lying on him ruined his rise to the top. These folks were living in a whole other parallel universe.

On 12/25/2022 at 8:48 AM, DragonSinger said:

I had no clue who that fucker was before he shot Meg. I didn't know anyone speaking of him or hyping up his music, and then after the shooting, he was suddenly one of the best new artists to a bunch of incels crying about how a woman lying on him ruined his rise to the top. These folks were living in a whole other parallel universe.

I knew who he was because i bootlegged his album for the kid's mom.  As always, I made myself a copy too just to have something new to listen to and I've only played it once...I don't remember any of the songs but I remember waiting for it to be over do I could put Wayne back in.

• Like 3

I remember in 2016 he had two songs on the radio; one that stole the chorus from “Everyone Falls in Love” and one that stole its chorus from “If You Love Me”. 

They tried shoving him on the charts out of peer pressure because at the time, The Weeknd had his breakout hits and Drake was preying on a crapton of other upcoming Canadian artists to collaborate only to steal their clout.

Tory was Drake’s self-proclaimed rival and tried to act tough about being Toronto’s second best singer/rapper, but if you’re yodeling in autotune on Lil Dicky’s “Earth”, shooting a woman’s foot is the only way you’ll look tough to weird online stans. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

The reason Tory wasn't that good at music was because it was his fall back plan.

Most of Tory's fans, myself included, didn't learn about the music till after he shot Meg.

The Tory we knew and supported was a young black basketball player from Canada with more heart than his 4'11" frame could contain.

We cheered on the little man as he chased his hoop dreams in 1v1 games against the giants of the court.

He went to New York and faced Tekashi 69 in a hard fought game that saw him losing $20,000.

He went to Atlanta and faced Quavo and didn't even score a point.

You would think these losses would crush his spirit, but no, when you're 3'5", you can't afford to look down...only up.....for safety.

No, Tory picked himself up and went to test himself where the real ballers be....Miami.

He entered N.O.R.E's basketball tournament and earned everyone's respect by playing through a crushing injury to his hair.

We, his fans, will always remember that as the highlight of his career.

That is why I choose to remember Tory as a shooter of balls, not feet.

I leave you now with a clip of the man playing the game that he loved.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1